Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crossed a low water bridge with 08 5.7L charger app.4in of water at a walking pace if not slower.. Was roughly 50' across about half way engine fluttered n died. Have Ben across the bridge hundreds of times with other vehicles n hell of lot deeper water.. Anyhoo ...
I pushed it out of water and off bridge.. Thought had water in alternator. I look its dry.. Why I pulled breather box I don't have clue..
Filter was soaked .. Now pulled intake vale covers n rockers made a jig to compress intake valves blew n sucked water out.. #5.7.8 had water #8 had most. Still can't turn over by hand but almost 1 revalution.. Now t end of story took tig wire pit in each cylinder n slowly turned engine by harmonic balance.
#8 and #1 cyl. Dead as a hammer.... Ithink broke piston rod or pin.. ??? Can unfix it without taking engine out.. N why in the hell did mopar make such a cherp engine being a Hemi?? I havent had it 6months.. Now this ..i love my molars reallys. Help please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crossed a low water bridge with 08 5.7L charger app.4in of water at a walking pace if not slower.. Was roughly 50' across about half way engine fluttered n died. Have Ben across the bridge hundreds of times with other vehicles n hell of lot deeper water.. Anyhoo ...
I pushed it out of water and off bridge.. Thought had water in alternator. I look its dry.. Why I pulled breather box I don't have clue..
Filter was soaked .. Now pulled intake vale covers n rockers made a jig to compress intake valves blew n sucked water out.. #5.7.8 had water #8 had most. Still can't turn over by hand but almost 1 revalution.. Now t end of story took tig wire pit in each cylinder n slowly turned engine by harmonic balance.
#8 and #1 cyl. Dead as a hammer.... Ithink broke piston rod or pin.. ??? Can unfix it without taking engine out.. N why in the hell did mopar make such a cherp engine being a Hemi?? I havent had it 6months.. Now this ..i love my molars reallys. Help please
Never did start or turn over

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
File an insurance claim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Liability only..paid $1500 suposably new engine 30.000- 40.000mls. I replaced front stabilizer bars..spark plugs. New tires ..was a police interceptor out of N.C. NO LIMIT CHIP. Can it be fixed without taking motor out and cost effective. N if should I replace all pistons and arms/ rods ..on crank?? N if got to do all that is anything can do while I'm in there to get more HP.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
To hydrolock your engine in 4 inches of water, you had to have been moving enough to create a wall of water, or the water was more than 4 inches deep. With a stock 2008 R/T your ride height is over 6" at the front bumper cover. Water gets trapped in the area in front of the drivers wheel well, but again you were either moving fast enough to build up a wall of water or it was deeper than you thought.

Reactions: Nuwanda and RitzRT

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I find it pretty hard to believe that someone could hydrolock a Charger hemi by driving slowly through a few inches of water. That just isn't possible.

I call bullshit.

Best,

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I'm still stumped on what a no limit chip is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never did start or turn over
I find it pretty hard to believe that someone could hydrolock a Charger hemi by driving slowly through a few inches of water. That just isn't possible.

I call bullshit.

Best,
Well hero only thing I can say is ya snuffer is messed up.. I pushed it 15' myself out of the water it wasn't over my ankles.on my boots.and I could walk as fast as I was going when it died out.. That's all I can say ..on that..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts