Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed the oil and filter on my son's 2014 SXT Dodge Charger with a 3.6L engine with 52,500 miles and the oil can icon is lit and indicates "0" oil pressure. I used 6 qts of Valvoline 5W 20 Synthetic and the fill level was perfect at the full line. I double checked and the Advance Auto Parts oil filter was the correct oil filter. I also changed out the drain plug because I rounded off the edges. I drove the car off the ramps and reset the oil change light and the the Low Oil pressure light is on and the engine icon is also on. I removed the oil filter and I could see that there is new oil on the paper. At first I thought it was that the computer needed to relearn/reset but that is does not seem to be happening and I am afraid that I really have no oil pressure. Could it be the sending unit sensor? At this point I will have it towed to my mechanic on Monday. If you have any thoughts on the matter I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance!

· Premium Member
3,120 Posts
X 2 on an oil filter issue. The 3.6L is noted for being picky about oil filters. Wrong filter, incorrectly installed, or poor quality.

Don

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Mystery solved. I went back to Advance Auto Parts and they discovered that they gave me the wrong oil filter. They gave me the one for the 2013 by mistake instead for the 2014 (shame on them). The difference is obvious but somehow I didn't pick it up(shame on me). Advance Auto tried to make it right. They upgraded me to a Boss Purolator PBL 36296 oil filter and then they credited my charge card for the oil and filter. my oil pressure went from 0 to 90 and then stabilized at about 75-80 when I put my foot on the pedal. Somehow, I still have a steady check engine light on.

I took a photo of the different oil filters. I will post later. Thanks! This forum really helped so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.