Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, new for me, anyway. Picked her up yesterday, a 2008 R/T in sandstone with Helo 20" wheels and a spoiler. Hit 110 once on the way back home, without even trying. Is there a speed limiter on the 08 R/T and what is it set at? I'm sure I will find out one way or another! My wife and kids love the car too. It is even more muscle-car than I had hoped for. I had thought about the mustang or camaro but wanted/needed the two extra doors for my two little boys. This car is mean, solid, smooth and fast! Looking forward to visiting this forum often!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Congrats. on your ride, limiter is set to either 129 or 139... can't remember off the top of my head. I love my 08 RT too! Welcome to the forums from PA.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
First off, congratulations on the new ride!! also welcome to the Forums, plenty of people here that will offer assistance!

but you already have made your first mistake!!! every new charger owner must post pictures of their rides! ;)

:ninja:

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Congrats on the Charger and welcome to the forums!

If it doesn't have the R&T package, there should be a limiter at 128. If it does have the R&T package the limiter should be 145.

I got the Charger for the same reasons. I wanted a fast, fun car, but needed room for the 2 kids.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Congrats on the Charger and welcome to the forums!

If it doesn't have the R&T package, there should be a limiter at 128. If it does have the R&T package the limiter should be 145.
which is WAYYY too slow IMO, so get a predator and max that baby out:beerchug:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picture of my new ride

Can't seem to figure out how to attach a picture of my new ride. Keeps asking me for a URL site. There is one picture in my profile that you can view.
Sorry, I am still learning this site!

Doug

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
welcome from BC Canada... n i've had my 07 base R/T up over 135 once.. mph..not kmph

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tip on the tires. My tires are Kumho Ecsta AST's, W rated, so I am ready to nix that speed limiter once I get ahold of that Predator! Thinking of waiting until the initial warranty period is up, though. Will not have the need to drive over 130 very often, but it will be fun once in a while on these wide open Montana highways!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the tires. My tires are Kumho Ecsta AST's, W rated, so I am ready to nix that speed limiter once I get ahold of that Predator! Thinking of waiting until the initial warranty period is up, though. Will not have the need to drive over 130 very often, but it will be fun once in a while on these wide open Montana highways!
PG county/area cops (where i grew up) wont even bother trying to chase you if your pushing 120+, so that was always good to know:rocker:

·
Registered
541 Posts
PG county/area cops (where i grew up) wont even bother trying to chase you if your pushing 120+, so that was always good to know:rocker:

Really? Even after that drag racing accident that killed and injured people standing outside watching? Do I need to drive on over the PG? Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
707 Posts
welcome a second time from va, and congrats. It's nothing like getting behind the wheel of a Hemi for the first time. Invictu is rite about pg county, the cops are only allowed to go a certain speed before they have to let you go. That is unless its like a homicide or another violent crime. As slow as them impala's are anyway i doubt they would be able to catch anybody.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Can't seem to figure out how to attach a picture of my new ride. Keeps asking me for a URL site. There is one picture in my profile that you can view.
Sorry, I am still learning this site!

Doug
The thing to do is go to www.photobucket.com and set up an account there. You can make folders and stuff, then upload your pictures. Once they're uploaded to Photobucket, each picture gets a URL which you'll see when you hover your mouse over it. Use Copy & Paste to get that URL over here. Here, you'll make a post just like always and click the little button that looks like a yellow post card. It asks for a URL. Paste the URL in there and you're done. Give it a quick Preview before you Submit, to check, but it should look good. You can put several pictures in one post by repeating the process; Copy & Paste a different URL each time you hit the postcard.

Oh. And contrats!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts