Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen or heard of this done with this exhaust.

I have the SLP LM2 exhaust. Will the cutouts make a big difference from what the LM2 sounds like?
Has anyone done the cutout mod with an after-market exhaust? From what I hear everyone usually does this with the stock exhaust setup.

Is it worth it???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the lm2 exhaust is pretty free flowing already. the cutouts will only make it louder. if thats what you want, then you should do it.
Will the cutouts affect the performance of the LM2 in any way?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
ummm. cutouts are done before your LM2.

thus they compeltely bypass it.

i dont know if anything would change.
does having cutouts reducer backpressure too much as far as power goes? i have no idea.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummm. cutouts are done before your LM2.

thus they compeltely bypass it.

i dont know if anything would change.
does having cutouts reducer backpressure too much as far as power goes? i have no idea.
I didn't specify when I said, "affect the system", I did mean backpressure. I wonder if it will rob any HP created by the LM2. I wanted to keep the HP and be able to open up the cutouts at will.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
cutouts are or sound not performance. id have em electronic to a switch and just slap em on when you wanna raise the dead :p and close em when you wanna zoom

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cutouts are or sound not performance. id have em electronic to a switch and just slap em on when you wanna raise the dead :p and close em when you wanna zoom
I'm not really looking for any performance out of them, just don't want anything taken from the LM2.

...and yes I would love to "wake the dead" every now and then. Any suggestions on a good cutout setup?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
dmh cutouts are the only ones i would rec for our cars. yes, they will wake the dead. yes, there is no perf increase. they have actually been known to reduce hp...even though seat of pants dyno says otherwise.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dmh cutouts are the only ones i would rec for our cars. yes, they will wake the dead. yes, there is no perf increase. they have actually been known to reduce hp...even though seat of pants dyno says otherwise.
but when the cutouts are closed, the exhaust should perform the same right?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
np, have fun. talk to a guy named talon (ken) on these forums for more info on the dmh cutouts.
Will do. Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.