Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if any of you guys are having a knock comin from the front suspension.. well my problem is that everytime i go through speed bumps or through small pot whole i hear this loud knock coming from the left front suspension.. i just changed my front shocks like 2 months ago under warranty cause they were leaking and i dont think that is the problem.. what else do you guys think it can be.. i want to get it fix asap because i will be lowering my car this labor day.. can it be the control arms or the spring being loose or somethin.. any help would be appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
More than likely, it's the nut that's on top of the shock, right in the center (accessed underneath the hood). You need to get that nut tight and torqued to spec or it will cause what you describe. To do that, you need an offset wrench. If the dealer did your new install, simply take it back to them. Or, check that nut yourself and, if you have the right tools, tighten it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the same problem on the right side. It was the top bolt on the shock. I just tighten it up, no problems

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
bend down by your tire and say "who's there"

orange

orange who?

orange you glad i'm not plum crazy????

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
More than likely, it's the nut that's on top of the shock, right in the center (accessed underneath the hood). You need to get that nut tight and torqued to spec or it will cause what you describe. To do that, you need an offset wrench. If the dealer did your new install, simply take it back to them. Or, check that nut yourself and, if you have the right tools, tighten it.

thats exactly what i was thinkin.. i guess i will tighten it tomorrow morning since ill be here at work all night. and if that dont work ill just take it in to the dealer... thanks alot guys.. yall :rockon:

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
im having the same problem on that front left side. i just installed eibachs about a month ago but dont have time right now to pull it out! i hate it though!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well i'm having a problem but it sounds like something is twisting wen i break hard......Told the dealer and they didn't know wat it was, they find anything so i wondering if anyone mould about that?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i havent got a chance to tighten it up since ive been busy everyday.. im really hopin if i tighten up that screw it will go away.. it gets so annoyin everyday i go over the train tracks.. and its not my fender catchin to anything.. so i know its not that... can it also be the bushings on the control arms or somethin..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i'm having a problem but it sounds like something is twisting wen i break hard......Told the dealer and they didn't know wat it was, they find anything so i wondering if anyone mould about that?
i have also had that noise but it goes away here and there.. i also took it to the dealer for that but they said everything was fine..

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
i know it has to do with the suspension but i just dont wanna pull it out, its a PITA! ill probably end up taking it to a shop!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
i havent got a chance to tighten it up since ive been busy everyday.. im really hopin if i tighten up that screw it will go away.. it gets so annoyin everyday i go over the train tracks.. and its not my fender catchin to anything.. so i know its not that... can it also be the bushings on the control arms or somethin..
You need to take 2 minutes and check/tighten that top/center nut on the front shock. If that's not it, let us know. I bet that it is.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You need to take 2 minutes and check/tighten that top/center nut on the front shock. If that's not it, let us know. I bet that it is.
i checked it earlier with my fingers of course since im at work.. it doesnt seem to be loose.. but i think i will be up late so i can tighten it up a bit

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
LOL, you can't tighten (or check for that matter) that nut with your fingers. It's tight right from the start, but it will continue down the threads until it really tightens to the point that it needs to. Get an offset wrench and start turning.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I for sure thought it would be your tire catching your fender. Oh well
thanks by the way bro.. i also thought that at first...

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have also had that noise but it goes away here and there.. i also took it to the dealer for that but they said everything was fine..
well i'm not sure wat to do wit it? and also wen i hit pot holes or da old school speed bumps, my steering wheel gets uncontrollable and my brake goes all the way in. Has anyone delt wit that before? or heard anything bout it? the dealers are turning out to b a little useless now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts