Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that I can not answer myself. I bought a 2006 Charger Top Banana Daytona about 6 months ago and when ever I drive over a big bump or rail road tracks I hear a loud bang noise. It seems to be coming from the windshield or the sunroof but can not make it out. I used to have a 2006 Charger RT and it never made this noise. Is there anything that would be making this noise? I just don't want to be driving around town and have the windshield shatter while I'm driving. I don't think that would be alot of fun.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
I have a question that I can not answer myself. I bought a 2006 Charger Top Banana Daytona about 6 months ago and when ever I drive over a big bump or rail road tracks I hear a loud bang noise. It seems to be coming from the windshield or the sunroof but can not make it out. I used to have a 2006 Charger RT and it never made this noise. Is there anything that would be making this noise? I just don't want to be driving around town and have the windshield shatter while I'm driving. I don't think that would be alot of fun.
Could be the sunroof internals are loose. If it's still in warrant, I'd take it to a dealer and get them to listen to it.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
take it in and have em look at your sunroof.

there was a recall on them and they will fix it for free, if that is indeed the case. this was an issue with the 2006 chargers. it was done to mine

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, next time I go for an oil change I will take it in...it is still under warranty...thanks for the tips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts