Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay so i was on the way to the gym and for some reason i put my wallet in my GLOVE BOX....which i have never done before...i always put it in my middle console..but for some reason i left in there while i was at the gym...i then drove to my friends house...and when i went to get my wallet out of the GLOVE BOX..it was gone...

now i searched my whole car and its not there...then i thought MAYBE some broke into my car...but if some did then they forget to take the GPS which was sitting in the front seat...

NOW....I noticed there is a space when you close the glove box...IS it possible my wallet is behind my glove box...and if so how do i take it off??

thanks hope i find it soon

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Havn't tried to take it out of the Charger yet, but usually you just push in the sides to let it pop open further instead of hitting the stops.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If your wallet is thin enough it could slide through the small space on the top of the glove box. It's pretty simple to remove. Just 2 latches on the sides and a screw. I can't remember it's been a while since I removed it but I remember finding lots of papers and pens once I took it off. Good luck and I hope you find your wallet.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Is there any indication that someone may have broken into your car?
Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no there is no indication someone broke in...my gps is still there and the my headphones and everthing was still there...i really dont know what to do...how do i take off my glove box.....

the weird thing is i dont feel as if ive lost it....i feel like its in my car for some reason like i have a hunch.....but ive searched it like 10x and nothing yet...i needa get the glove box off

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
On my '08, you just open the glove box, pull straight out to un snap the hinge, then you can either unhook the little string thing on the right side, or justlet it hang and then reach in behind it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I hope it doesn't work its way into your engine compartment and get sucked into the engine and jammed into the combustion chamber and mashed and burned to bits.

You'll know if you see a clump of melted leather and credit cards come out of the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
518 Posts
This is going to be a nail biter for sure. There could be hope but I don't know how it just vanishes if you were sure you left it in there.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I hope it doesn't work its way into your engine compartment and get sucked into the engine and jammed into the combustion chamber and mashed and burned to bits.

You'll know if you see a clump of melted leather and credit cards come out of the exhaust pipes.
LOL....:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
no there is no indication someone broke in...my gps is still there and the my headphones and everthing was still there...i really dont know what to do...how do i take off my glove box.....

the weird thing is i dont feel as if ive lost it....i feel like its in my car for some reason like i have a hunch.....but ive searched it like 10x and nothing yet...i needa get the glove box off
I'll bet it's behind the glove box. When it is closed there is like 6" of open space that it can fall through. There is no roof over the closed box just wide open dash. If the box has a bunch of stuff in it whatever is on top can just slide out and fall behind the box. Sometimes it happens just by closing the glovebox. Undo the door by removing the cable on the side and pressing the retaining tab on both sides and it will swing wide open. Be sure to use a light and look on both sides in there as things can slide around when they land back there.

Let us know if you find it.:) (I'll bet you find other stuff too)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
That sucks.
Last night i left my car keys, wallet, and cell phone on the curb in front of my house.
My dad wakes me up in the morning and tells me dont look for your stuff because i have them up here. I thought about it and was like WOOPS! Luckily i moved to Utah because if i was in Cali that would of been gone so quick!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
That sucks.
Last night i left my car keys, wallet, and cell phone on the curb in front of my house.
My dad wakes me up in the morning and tells me dont look for your stuff because i have them up here. I thought about it and was like WOOPS! Luckily i moved to Utah because if i was in Cali that would of been gone so quick!
Depending on your neighborhood. One year, on Christmas day, I guess I didn't close my front door all the way. When I came home after being away for over 10 hours, I found my front door wide opened. A check inside side showed nothing was missing or disturbed.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
damn - i new these things were money pits, but this is crazy!

Reactions: green8teen345

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Did you find it yet?

I dropped my glove box to see if I could do the NO ESP mod and I found 2 pens back there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all the reply's

but! i still cant figure out how to get it off..i see the string, took that off, then went underneath and all i saw where like 2 screws hold up the "carpet" underneath...i didnt see how to just get it so swing open....

IF i find it wow i will be so happy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VICTORYYYYYYY

so i figured out how to get it off..then bang about 10 inches back i saw my wallet on the left side...i new it had to be in there..

dodge should deff. design a little better..considering i have cancelled my atm card and gas card...

but thankfully i found it thanks for you help

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
VICTORYYYYYYY

so i figured out how to get it off..then bang about 10 inches back i saw my wallet on the left side...i new it had to be in there..

dodge should deff. design a little better..considering i have cancelled my atm card and gas card...

but thankfully i found it thanks for you help
Most gloveboxes are designed that way, not just Dodge.

Glad you found it and glad we could help!:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts