Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

A couple of days ago was checking fluid levels and found oil almost a quart low. I'm not burning it, but then again it is a dodge. Gonna due an oil change and track it. I onlyuse rp wih a k&n oil filter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed the past few times that I have changed the oil that it actualy takes more then the manual calles for. I did the same thing with checking it and it would show a 1/2 to 1qt low. I had no oil leaks and didn't seem to be burning it. This last time I added 1/2 qt extra and have keep a check on it. It's staying right on the money.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats what I put in mine last oil change. A good thing to do is prime the filter before installing it. Put as much oil in the filter (without spilling it) before screwing it on. This also helps with the oil pump having to fill it and less wear on the engine not getting the oil for a second or 2. I got 7qts, added oil in the filter and the rest of 6qts. I let the car set on level ground after running it for a few seconds and setting. It was 1/2 qt low. So I just added 1/2qt and it has stayed right on the money. This my not be every car. It my vary. Check it with the 6qts on level ground and see where it is and add a little at a time. It is better to be a little under the line then over.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man, my garage is a level playing field. changing oil tomorrow, will probably put a cheaper synthetic in just in case the dealer has to have at the car. don't want to lose 6 1/2 quarts of royal purple.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
What's your driving style? Lots of low throttle/high RPM situations?
(ie. like holding a steady speed at a lower gear with light throttle, for those who like to hear the engine rev while cruising steady?)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drive like maybe 12000 miles a year, and at that my drive is like 2 or 3 miles to my station. I go on trips to s. fl once in a great while. If my family takes a trip we fly. I get on here alot though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.