Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at these below. Have any of you done this conversion for your 2015+? If not I'll post up my results when I get a pair. :) I've really liked this brand for all of my other LEDs so seems like a no-brainer to try the headlight bulbs of theirs.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
General conciseness is LED bulbs suck in light output in the stock projector housings.
Thanks for the replyt.

How so? Please elaborate. Less output than stock? Light not evenly spread? Lumens get reduced due to the projector housing? At least a couple of those can be remedied with a larger lumen output--Alla has up to 12,500lm I believe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did an LED swap on my last 2 cars with projectors. Had great luck with them. I went with the 9011 coversion with the Charger., it's an improvement.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did an LED swap on my last 2 cars with projectors. Had great luck with them. I went with the 9011 coversion with the Charger., it's an improvement.
What brand LEDs did you end up with? Also, what all did you need to do/buy for the 9011 conversion? I'm curious to learn more about that. I crave more light. LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
The LED's I used were only low or high beam, not a combo. I have not done one of those with projectors, so don't know what the results would be. I used different styles, but stayed in the 2500-3200 lumen range.

For the 9011 option, it's a fairly simple mod.
What needs to be trimmed.

I used the braided style LED's mostly. Couple applications I went with something different.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As stated, I did the 9011 conversion and it made a difference, but if you are looking for the look of HID or LED you won't get that with the conversion. I wanted to try it as it's recommended by many. Plus no light errors since they use the same amount of power.

But I had totally forgotten about some LED's I had lying around. I had a complany (Ziste) several years ago send me a set to test. Swapping headlights on that car was a PITA since the housing had to be removed. So they were never installed, I just looked and they are also 9005's (since the Charger uses it for hi/low, my mind went to dual element.) So I may installed them down the road. Too bad lights on the Charger are also a PITA to change....lol Will remove the air box next time.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely do not care about a "look", just more light. :D I'm going to take the plunge on some 9005's first and post my findings after I install and test them. Won't buy DD but thanks for the suggestion however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts