Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently had an accident and insurance is paying for my damaged bumper. Im willing to pay the difference for a front grip fascia! but i heard i have to buy like 12 different things! =[ if anyone can tell me a site or give me the price of everything i need and where to order from id be happy. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Go to ebay and type in charger gt bumper which stands for grip tuning, the vendor is called octane motorsports, that's how I got mine

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to ebay and type in charger gt bumper which stands for grip tuning, the vendor is called octane motorsports, that's how I got mine
wow its only 578 + 75 shipping??? with all the pieces i need and its guaranteed fitment! sweet..
so that company(octane motorsports) trustworthy even if i wanted to buy an aftermarket fiberglass srt8 hood from them? im sorry if im asking but its because i heard many aftermarket products dont fit and they have problems

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
thats where i bought mine from! (thanks again julio)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
and what all do you have to buy? all i had to buy was the fascia, mesh, shipping, and paint. you can even add fogs to the list and its still only 5 things actually paid for

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
and what all do you have to buy? all i had to buy was the fascia, mesh, shipping, and paint. you can even add fogs to the list and its still only 5 things actually paid for
heres what i was talking about:
Here's the info regarding the fascia alone.
pn: 4854674AA "Cover, Front End"
pn: 5029908AC "Shield, Engine Lower"
pn: 4806184AA "Closure, Front Bumper LT" (Fog Lamp Bezel in parts guide)
pn: 4806184AA "Closure, Front Bumper RT" (Fog Lamp Bezel in parts guide)
pn: 5030147AA "Duct, Air Intake LT"
pn: 5030146AA "Duct, Air Intake RT"
pn: 5030243AA "Grille Assembly"

thats what a buddy of mine said. but i see on OM website it fits perfect on v6.. so.. idk what hes talking about. it said 40$ for the mesh grill. is that inscluding both mesh grills for the top and bottom?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i have an se and it fit perfect and the body shop said it was in the best condition of any aftermarket. the mesh if i remember right comes in one big sheet and it works for botih upper and lower grille. as for the fogs, i still have the same stupid black cap things in mine. they just kinda snap in. unless a ton of stuff was damaged in the accident most of it is just plug and play no extras needed

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have an se and it fit perfect and the body shop said it was in the best condition of any aftermarket. the mesh if i remember right comes in one big sheet and it works for botih upper and lower grille. as for the fogs, i still have the same stupid black cap things in mine. they just kinda snap in. unless a ton of stuff was damaged in the accident most of it is just plug and play no extras needed
i just came across something
if insurance was to give me money for both a new sxt oem bumper and grill wont i pretty much even out with just a GT bumper? GT bumper pretty much doesnt have a grill. so im not going to have to pay no diff ;) ill deff send you pics of it. hopefully this body shop can order from octane motorsports

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
kinda. you still need the grille or else your radiator wont really be protected. but you are correct you should break even. the oem bumper will cost more than the aftermarket grip tuning bumper so there shouldnt be a whole of difference to pay if any. i can tell you that my body shop had a direct account with octane motorsports so if i wanted to they couldve done all the ordering for me (i didnt know this until it was too late but oh well)

good luck bro and i cant wait to see it. i love white cars and there isnt many with a grip fascia so im def excited haha

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kinda. you still need the grille or else your radiator wont really be protected. but you are correct you should break even. the oem bumper will cost more than the aftermarket grip tuning bumper so there shouldnt be a whole of difference to pay if any. i can tell you that my body shop had a direct account with octane motorsports so if i wanted to they couldve done all the ordering for me (i didnt know this until it was too late but oh well)

good luck bro and i cant wait to see it. i love white cars and there isnt many with a grip fascia so im def excited haha
wait. what you mean i need the grill. the mesh piece? ya it looks nice i deff have to have that.
and i never have seen a white charger with it either. hopefully im the first one.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
yes. you cannot run the fascia without the mesh. if you do you risk damage to the engine or any of its components besides if insurance is footin the bill why chance it

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes. you cannot run the fascia without the mesh. if you do you risk damage to the engine or any of its components besides if insurance is footin the bill why chance it
why chance what? i mite aswell pay for an aftermarket rather then the same ol sxt oem bumper -__- lol

if anything ill pay the diff. im also looking at the sideskirts that are near 500. prob get my hands on that too
i do not like the rear bumper of the GT

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I've only seen one other white charger with the grip bumper from texas and he has black vipers with white pockets and it looks sick

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've only seen one other white charger with the grip bumper from texas and he has black vipers with white pockets and it looks sick
yeah i should find a diff pair of rims now.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
why chance what? i mite aswell pay for an aftermarket rather then the same ol sxt oem bumper -__- lol

if anything ill pay the diff. im also looking at the sideskirts that are near 500. prob get my hands on that too
i do not like the rear bumper of the GT
i was referring to the mezsh sorry lol. you def need it. im with ya, the side skirts are nice but the rear is just ehh

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was referring to the mezsh sorry lol. you def need it. im with ya, the side skirts are nice but the rear is just ehh
car is gone =[ its at the body shop now. they are going to call the insurance and estimate and then begin fixing. how long should this take? or should i say how long am i going to be in pain for lol

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
lol the pain never ends. i was without my car for four days over a weekend and then it had to go back to fix the paint. the wait is killllllllller! just hang in there lol its all worth it in the end

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol the pain never ends. i was without my car for four days over a weekend and then it had to go back to fix the paint. the wait is killllllllller! just hang in there lol its all worth it in the end
yeah its like a piece of you is missing. man that car means so much to me lol
but i dont know i mean im also getting my car repainted, and like i said the whole front bumper for the fascia, and the light
im thinking 2-3 weeks?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
did u end up getting the grip bro?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
did u end up getting the grip bro?
my body shop just called the insurance. they will be calling me in for the site to order the parts from. hood and GT

1 - 20 of 34 Posts