1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me: 40 yr old with 2 kids looking to buy one of the last american V8s
Budget: 50k-70k
Want - New Charger - Scat Pack WB or Hellcat WB
Location - S. Florida

I plan to keep it forever and in time, maybe hand it over to one of my kids. My daily drive would typically involve your typical grocery trips, kids to and from school. I might try my hand at drag racing at some point in the future but honestly part of me doesn't want to, simply cos I don't want to thrash my engine.

I will have another SUV for big trips or stuff when luggage is needed. But that would be my wife's primary car, while I keep the Charger as mine.

Questions
1. What is the regular maintenance cost for Hellcats (besides gas)? I keep reading about tires and brakes fading very quickly but I also think its cos the way the owners drive those cars? Not sure

2. If I plan to keep it for 15-20 yrs, which one has a better chance of lasting longer - the Hellcat engine or the non-supercharged 6.4l V8 from the Scat Pack?

3. For regular driving, is the Hellcat too much car to control? For context, I am an immigrant (so no family history of growing up near muscle cars etc) whose first car was a FWD VW CC with 200HP. I have seen videos of Hellcat crashes and they make me a tad anxious!!

4. Anything else I should know? I am looking to place an order for one of the Last Call chargers that will hopefully be up for ordering my end of this year.

Thank you so much!

Krib

· Registered
47 Posts
I have a 22 scatpack widebody so just the 6.4. I honestly think it’s powerful enough and most of the time I can’t even open it up like I’d want to. Someone always pulling out in front of you or just a lot of traffic. I live in a big city so I guess it depends where you live. I wanted the hellcat but after doing research a lot of people said basically what I just said about you don’t really get to use all the power and the wheels pretty much spin a lot. The wheels spin a lot with my 392 so I can only imagine the hellcat. I think the widebody is great for kids I have 2 kids also. Only problem is mine are still in car seats and it’s taking a toll on my back getting them in and out of the car seats. I don’t drag race on a track. Did it a few times so far on the streets when other mopars pull up but besides spending money on gas ( depending on how much you drive) my tires and brakes are still in perfect condition and I had the car almost a year. Hope this helps. Btw if you can afford a hellcat and you want to keep the car forever maybe go with that one for the value and rarity in the future. The 392 will have the value and rarity also considering the “392” is an epic and famous engine and if you want you can super charger your self in the future

· Registered
47 Posts
Plus depending on where you live be careful with your kids in the car if you get a hell cat. Don’t ever leave your keys in the car even pumping gas considering all these hellcats that are being stolen so just something to think about also

· Registered
4,295 Posts
Scat Pack is all you need and I would get the standard body car with the standard 4-piston brakes.

This car is as dependable and easy to maintain as any other, only two quirks are the premium fuel and the minimum oil change interval of every 6 months.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
7 Posts
I have had both as daily drivers. The SP is a better daily drive IMO. Started with a 2019 Charger Daytona then moved to a 2020 Charger WB SP. I thought more power would be better and got a 2021 Charger HC. Great car but you can't use the power. I have a 2022 Charger WB SP being built and should have it sometime in November. Save some money and get the SP.

· Registered
2,563 Posts
Your budget does not include a 2023 Hellcat.

Your late to the party. The 2023 Last Call editions are all going to select dealers. You won’t be able to order one and your going to pay the Piper at the stealership.

In Mr Miyagi voice with a bow “Good ruck”.

Welcome to the forum.

· Registered
12 Posts
Your budget does not include a 2023 Hellcat.

Your late to the party. The 2023 Last Call editions are all going to select dealers. You won’t be able to order one and your going to pay the Piper at the stealership.

In Mr Miyagi voice with a bow “Good ruck”.

Welcome to the forum.
The salesman told me the same thing. The ‘23s are mostly spoken for with upfront down payments and they are going to sell them for over list.
I was quoted for a simple RT out the door for 47. For 2022. I test drove it but went with the base model because in suburban Philadelphia you don’t move.

· Premium Member
901 Posts
If you find a 23 be ready to bend over 🤣
I just found a 22 Charger Scat Plus and finally got the car for what I wanted to pay.
Triple Nickel with alot of options.
Has the better interior not that shitty cloth.
Wife approves of my choice .
Dealer clean up sucks
Spent the day with my clay bar and damm it shines.
Dealers are only getting limited cars based on what they sold in the past.
He is adding at least 20 to any 6.4 and any Hellcat he gets is 50 over list.
He tryed to order a Redeye Charger and was told NO !!!!!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

· Registered
2022 Dodge Charger Scatpack
158 Posts
@kribnutz if your in south florida, take a drive up to jim browne dodge in dade city, you can order there 1k below msrp which these days is as good as it gets plus free lifetime powertrain warranty which if you plan to keep forever like myself adds a little peace of mind, also their lifetime wheel and tire coverage was 600 bucks id recomend them easy for what your wanting, also hc is gonna be out of your price range and with the money youd like to spend you should probably just do a fully loaded narrowbody scat, it'll be plenty and you'll enjoy it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts