Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have pics of the chin spoiler on inferno red? I'm looking to see both the stock color, as well as colormatched. Anyone know how many inches from top to bottom? Just trying to see how much ground clearance I'll be losing on the front bumper. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
No pics, sorry, but I can answer what you're getting at: you won't lose any ground clearance at all as far as the car sitting parallel to the ground. The "loss of clearance" comes from two things: 1) high curbs or parking blocks that you otherwise avoid by, well, not having a chin spoiler (you can compensate for this by just training yourself to park about 4-6 inches back from where you normally do - get used to this before you install the spoiler to save yourself some painful scrapes!) and 2) the extra material that just downward when the car is going somewhere nose first (like exiting a parking garage or beginning an incline - take a pen and point it at your desk at an angle, then imagine that pen is slightly longer which makes it closer to the desk... not the best example ever but you get the idea).

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pics, sorry, but I can answer what you're getting at: you won't lose any ground clearance at all as far as the car sitting parallel to the ground. The "loss of clearance" comes from two things: 1) high curbs or parking blocks that you otherwise avoid by, well, not having a chin spoiler (you can compensate for this by just training yourself to park about 4-6 inches back from where you normally do - get used to this before you install the spoiler to save yourself some painful scrapes!) and 2) the extra material that just downward when the car is going somewhere nose first (like exiting a parking garage or beginning an incline - take a pen and point it at your desk at an angle, then imagine that pen is slightly longer which makes it closer to the desk... not the best example ever but you get the idea).
I get what you're saying. You seem to have understood what I meant as far as clearance. I meant EXACTLY what you reffered to with parking blocks and such. 9 out of 10 times, I back in... and the charger is longer than my last vehicle so I STILL park 8 or so inches further back than I guess I should. Is this an easy install or should I have the dealer do it?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If you are confident in your skills with a drill and can line it up using masking tape and a grease pencil, go for it. If not, have it done professionally. Better the dealer screw up and replace your front end than you jack it up if you're unsure of yourself.

Because of where the Daytona spoiler sits (not flush with the lower grill openings), it might be a little more difficult. I can't say for sure as I have a different lip spoiler, and mine lines up flush which made it a bit easier to get straight. Just be sure to measure, remeasure, and re-remeasure.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Here's my pic. It's the MoPower version which is a little bigger than the OEM and wraps around more. Lemme know if I can help more....

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
They're not red, but they're colormatched:

OEM:

MoPower:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Here's mine, its Torred though

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the pics guys. I cant help but notice that the chin spoiler looks best when matched with the grill, either flat black or color matched. Would it look stupid to have the flat black chin spoiler with my color matched, inferno red grill?

·
Registered
257 Posts
it always looks better color matched.... that flat black look looks stupid to me, because its a additional piece it looks out of place when its not the same color. it looks blatantly off. color match that son'*****

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.