Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK people....lets hear about LX owners with a GSM S/C kit that are happy and have had no problems to date. Oh and how many miles they have and dyno #'s would be helpful too. Anyone....anyone???

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's been a number of folks over on the LX forum that have blown engines with the GSM kit. As I recall it was mostly fuel management problems (lean). You may want to go over there and do a search. Also, the engine (especially the pistons) are not designed for supercharging. The top ring land is too close to the top of the piston, making it the weak link. A lot of folks are running 100 shot of nitrous quite successfully though. Also, a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gsm Lawsuit And Failures

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54571

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14373

BuilderBill
Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2006

I-Charger: The scam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy smokes....Jeff (Blown7) and I talked about the I-Charger likelihood of being a scam back in January.

Smoke & mirrors and taking deposits for a product nowhere near production....
Believe the word is FRAUD (deception made for personal gain).

This from Steve:
Tell them that i did not know the ICharger was the sham it has turned into. That is the reason I wanted out. The first 50k I put into the "Engine Division" seemed to be working until I noticed none of the money was being redeposited back into the account. Rather after each sale Scott and his dad were paying "other" bills.

When the ICharger tooling model were sent, I was excited because i thought the "program" was real. Andrew Mueller was supposed to deliver two working prototypes a few weeks later. Well nothing happened.....and more weeks went by. Then it was announced he was coming with two prototypes. The bastard shows up with one set of rotors. I'm shocked after the sales pitch and I invest another 80k. I told Scott it was unethical to accept ANY money now until the working prototype is ready. He promised me that GS would take no money. Well that did not happen, he and Andrew continued to take money.

One day I blew up at both of them. I told them this was bull$hit and where was the unit or units. The first one took 8 weeks to make, I told them how did they figure to deliver the first week of May???

As time went on I demanded my money back on March 10, 11 and 12......all in writing! They have refused to give it to me and after consulting a judge/attorney I have been informed that the Subscription for Stock was not in line with California or Federal Trade regulations.

I regret ever lending my name and money to these thieving bastards.

Steve

What a mess.
Hope NONE of our guys have a deposit on the I-charger.
GSM should close it's doors and crawl back under a rock.

It looks like the options for FI (still relatively low pressure due to tuning at this point):
Remote Turbo(s)
Marty Turbo
MatFab supercharger (beautiful setup, trouble free, separate belt)
Bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by BuilderBill : 05-11-2008 at 11:59 AM.

To: ALL (1 of 41)

On my way home from Afghanistan, I stopped by and saw my Buddy in Kuwait who has the Performance Shop.

He is only doing SuperCharger and Turbo installs these days.

He asked me who had Tuning Software for the New Hemi Dodges, Of Course I laughed and gave him the usual answer(No Body).

I asked him why? He said he had a GSM Supercharger kit he installed on a Charger that was making about 3-5psi and was running kind of lean.
He wanted to step up the Tune and the PSI.

He said he would never do another GSM supecharger, they aren't worth the $$$$$.

GSM would like to hear from you.....

I am creating a comment and questions section for you guys to tell us what you want and how GSM can serve you better. Please post comments, concerns, and questions about products right here. This way they'll be centrally located where I can do my best to address them all. I look forward in hearing from you,

Jay
GSM PR

Lets see, this idea of yours, hmm, how about

TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE!
Close the barn door after the horse is gone!
What for , damage is done.

Now you guys want to listen? Whats, sales down or something?

Valve covers are nice though, but will wait to see what damage they might do down the road.

well, i ordered my 5.7 valve covers at the beginning of nov 07 and received a letter from GSM with a FEDEX tracking # and deliverly date between 5-12 Nov and still have not received them. everytime i send an email i get a response of... "they should be ready in a week". I usually don't care about situations like this but i would like to get a refund since i paid $300 for them.

I second and not just from all the damages suffered in the Hemi forums now but from years and years history of abuse in the Dodge truck market where i also owned a Dodge vehicle. When the heat kept getting hotter and the mobs gathered it was off to the hemi guys.
You have to admit, from a food distributer by day to self proclaimed Hemi Hero at night, He finds that void to make a sale. Make up a cheesy, poorly designed, piece meal blower kit, some snap on covers, and the knack for winning people's wallet comes back again. He's a natural salesman.
Having a front guy to take all the abuse is all part of damage control and taking the heat off the problem. The graphs are changing and His consistent antics are catching up to him in the Hemi groups as well. Your hands will be full but might not have much help for him as the ongoing class actions continue.

Your doing a great job but your the misinformed and unfortunately will learn the hard way just like the close friends Scott once had. The only thing Scott honors is everyones Bank Accounts.

Scott could not engineer a toilet roll unless he could copy one somewhere else. His only interest is to take it, copy it and set the Price Point First to Capitalize. R&D,Test Fitting are not in his vocabulary as the trail of past failed parts and blown engines show.

He is far from ahead of his time as you say. Paxton had already designed the Hemi Street Legal Kit well before him. The kit was shelved because of "Known Liability Issues" due to "Engine Failures" during their R&D Process.

We know Scooter, how he works, what he says about the people in the forums and clubs and his overall demeanor about the entire situation.

Wow man. How can you possibly expect anyone here to welcome you here or trust you with even a cent? Not YOU personally, but who you choose to represent? If even 25% of what has been said is true, you have no chance of ever seeing our money or becoming "reputable" again (if you ever were). I'm sure everyone is "real sorry" over there. Probably why they hired a stranger to apologize for them; just like any true creep would. My friend, don't you see? You offer nothing but words, promises, and smoke blown in the up-asswardly direction.

If you are serious about 1 word you've written let me save you some time. DON'T waste your time and ours with your ridiculous postings. The only thing we'll believe is hearing TRUSTED, LONG TERM FORUM MEMBERS praise your ACTIONS. (get that whole action vs. words thing?) If none of us wish to do business with you, it is probably for a reaon. Ever think about that? And with 1,000,000,000,000,000 other places PROVEN TO BE REPUTABLE to buy from why would we ever choose you?

Your previous actions speak louder than your current words and have built your EARNED reputation. (READ: you made your bed now lie in it) It will take actions (not more words) to dissuade us otherwise.

Again Jay, nothing against you personally at all.
2007 Dodge Charger R/T AWD. Limo tint, Zooomers, Mopar CAI, Diablo Tuner, Custom Grill/Badges/Engine Cover, 22's w/ Nittos, BlackChrome Dash, Xbox 360, 10" hi-def headrest monitors, 9" Pyle Sunvisor monitors, 10.2" wide rear view monitor, rear mount cam w/ night vis, 2 10" pioneer subwoofers, aluminum pedals, Garmin Nuvi...pant, pant. More to come! http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...nja/?start=all
This thread plays out like all other online-scam-artist-vendor threads. I don't care what forum you visit; there will always be this issue.

The only experience i have had with GS motor sports is a bad one!! Several years ago i needed a set of custom fuel rails for a 390 stroker I have. They told me they could make exactly what i wanted anodized in the color i wanted It wold take about 3-6 weeks i waited 2 months and called to check on my order. The first time I called i was told they were done and would ship the next day. A week later after still not receiving my order I called back and was told they were out for anodizing.I ask why i was told they told me they were done last week and assumed it was a mistake. Several weeks passed and still no rails. I tried to contact them and was told their was no one their that could help me they were at the track several day later I finally contacted them and was told they were back from the anodizer and i should have them in a few days. Another week passed still no rails I tried calling back still no response. I finally called my credit card co. to see if they could help get my money back they gave my cc co. The same line they were custom order no returns I said NO RETURNS !! I NEVER GOT THEM!!! after a few months my CC Co. Finally got my money back after they admitted they had not even started making them yet!! So my personal experience With GS motor sports is the worst of any Co. I Had ever dealt with my questions were only answered with LIES!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1968
The only experience i have had with GS motor sports is a bad one!! Several years ago i needed a set of custom fuel rails for a 390 stroker I have. They told me they could make exactly what i wanted anodized in the color i wanted It wold take about 3-6 weeks i waited 2 months and called to check on my order. The first time I called i was told they were done and would ship the next day. A week later after still not receiving my order I called back and was told they were out for anodizing.I ask why i was told they told me they were done last week and assumed it was a mistake. Several weeks passed and still no rails. I tried to contact them and was told their was no one their that could help me they were at the track several day later I finally contacted them and was told they were back from the anodizer and i should have them in a few days. Another week passed still no rails I tried calling back still no response. I finally called my credit card co. to see if they could help get my money back they gave my cc co. The same line they were custom order no returns I said NO RETURNS !! I NEVER GOT THEM!!! after a few months my CC Co. Finally got my money back after they admitted they had not even started making them yet!! So my personal experience With GS motor sports is the worst of any Co. I Had ever dealt with my questions were only answered with LIES!!!

ok, so based on this persons experience, i'm guessing i probably won't receive my valve covers and should get a refund...this sucks @ss - i really wanted them but refuse to play the waiting game when i could use the 300 dollars for christmas presents.
fastmax1

Car:
Member Number: 2671
Trader Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by GSM
Hi Dave,

Call me peronally

I wasent aware that we owed you any credit for returned items but we may have lost your stuff in the move...we moved to our new larger faculity and its been very busy.

I also called you and left a message on you phone

Scott

With all due respect Scott, I have been dealing with this crap from GSM for a year now. I have been unable to contact anyone at GSM for weeks. I have sent multiple e-mails and left more phone messages than I care to count. You responded to my e-mail requests for reciepts on July 3rd... but I have heard nothing since and still I do not have my receipts or credits. Now I post a negitive e-mail and you respond... what gives? I am sick of dealing with GSM... Please just issue the credits for the parts I returned and credit the O2 Sims as well if you are unable to provide ones that actually work. I intend on reversing the charges on my AmEx for my recent orders if the proper credits are not applied.

MORGAN EDITION BLOWN 300C

Car: 2005 300C CHRYSLER
Member Number: 3865
Yes it is good to hear both sides of any story. But when you pay $6,000.00 for a supercharger and they change parts on the kit because they are having problems with the original design. Then they want you to pay more money because it was a bad design in the first place after you already paid for something that was suppost to work the first time. Why would they change design and mounting location if it worked good? Becuase it never did work good. Its not like I drive my car underwater I live in los angeles and I cant even wash it with out having problems. Why do you think they changed it? I have dropped allot of money on the supercharger and why should I pay more for some one elses mistake? Thats like buying your 300c for 40K then finding out you need to spend 5k to modify or fix something that was built wrong on the car in the first place. I bet you would be really happy! I not trying to cause problems I just telling my story. I also drive my car everyday bagged on 22's with a supercharger. So I need it to run good. I know I have modified about every single part you can think of so there will be problems thats understood but I feel you should stand behind what you make and not make the customer pay for your mistake and situation you put the customer in.

Morgan

KNOCK_OUT_PUNCH

Car: 2006 DODGE CHARGER R/T
Member Number: 4846
Posts: 23 I've read a few stories about customers having problems with the service at GS Motorsports, on several forums! "NO GOOD NOT AT ALL"

Unfortunately, The Hemi guys are at a loss because they never received the real background about this joker over the YEARS from the other Dodge groups. Now your starting to learn it for yourselves with all the engine disasters, Shipment Disputes, Taking money when they have no parts and overall Cover Up's told to you !

His real reputation is far less from what the few advertisements reflect. It was all for the money while stealing the fame and reputations of others more deserving along his upward climb into your bank accounts.

He is the same person as before in the other groups. No magic honesty has appeared over the years and never will. Beware guys, It doesn't really get any better even when he pops up from under that gold rock.

( FYI - Cancel the order and file a dispute on the credit card or you won't have $300 for next years Christmas either)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger07awd
ok, so based on this persons experience, i'm guessing i probably won't receive my valve covers and should get a refund...this sucks @ss - i really wanted them but refuse to play the waiting game when i could use the 300 dollars for christmas presents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dntnvme
I ran this by Scott today and for you my friend we will be doing an overnight shipment for you free off charge for this mishap. Like I said I am here to get things back on track. Just give me a couple months and i will turn things around. He trusts me and I told him if he didn't do something about it, it would not look good. The fabricator was there today and we will have you tight real soon.

Words from the Fabricator, He sends he deepest apology for something that was out of his control. I also showed him the thread and replies. So they are fully aware of the mishap. Things will get better.

If you want a refund I can make that happen too......

I have been watching this man try to redeem himself for being lack of involved on the boards. If you were running a business that is high in demand, I would like to see how you would be actively on the boards with a wife, kids, and 2 jobs. He is not a computer junkie like myself, so thats why I am here. To look out and get back to him about concerns and disputes. Have you order something or are you riding someone else's beef for them is my question to you.

I understand you might have a sour taste in your mouth but if I here to try to resolve the issue why dint you just give me a chance. PLEASE.

Jay

For us with a sour taste in our mouths, I don't think this is about giving you a chance, it is about not letting GSM give it to us again.
I ordered Phenolic Manifold Spacers and recieved exhaust manifold gaskets, when I emailed I never got a reply and had to call over and over again before getting a return call. then they sent me 1ea gasket at a damn time, telling me that they were pretty sure that there was 2ea gaskets in a package. It was a month and a half after I recieved the spacers before I had enough gaskets to install it.
GSM Cold Air Intake, GSM Phenolic Intake Spacers, GSM ESP/FAN Mod, GSM Cat Eliminator Sim Boxes, Alpine Speakers, TCM Reflash, Dynomaxx Headers w/ High Flow Cats, Magnaflow Exhaust, B & G Stage ll PCM, TSB Slotted Rotors, Centric Posi-Quiet Brake Pads, LDCRSPD License Plate

Poor, Poor, Scott, while there are owners out there paying on their cars each month staring at them in their driveways, BLOWN UP.
There have been many other people with jobs, families, trying to make spare change from peddling parts. Most were in the better interest of the club members whether they were able to post an email or not. Maybe because they knew what they were doing, designing and testing appropriate components that really work and not merely worried about getting them out there first just to collect the money and run.
You would think if someone was going to pay $250 a month to be a vender in a forum and sell to a confined group of people, they would take the best advantage of it and at least be legitimate. Scooter has always been "The Shiester" pulling the same antics for years past as now. Selling what he doesn't have or doesn't work but getting the money up front. You can try to smooth this one over with free shipping but it won't change him or the other thefts committed. The next con is just another sale away.

Quote:
I do understand that things have been a little screwed up but that is why I was hired in the first place to over see that things get handle in a professional manner. I can't understand why this happened to you but I would be pissed just as you were or still are.

I didn't know things were that screwed up in the beginning but I reassure you from now on money will not be taken unless parts are being shipped. If you chose not to do business with GSM thats fine. But for the remaining orders that need to be filled I will make sure they happen.

That's the best I can do. That is why I started to thread in the first place. I needed to hear from the forum members how they felt or concerns that were there. Thanks for sharing this issue.

Jay

Jay, your having issues keeping up pal. Maybe we can slow it down for you to help. Losing money for poor product is no fun, least of all from a shiester. YES-YES-YES, i am another stupid GSM Victim and spent thousands in a different arena with your boss and gained little to none of the promises on his snake oil products when an entire Dodge Club finally learned the truth and ran him out. From Poorly constructed exhaust systems that wouldn't fit to members having traffic accidents due to mis-engineered and Ill copied brake components and more. It's business or Monkey Business as usual for him finding a new group that doesn't know the past but is sure learning the present. I'm sure i could summon some present Hemi and past Truck members to re-visit some of his antics if you like.
Ironically, two of the members in my club have invested in the infamous GSM Supercharger kits. They just had to experiance all the power, Please (joke). One is getting a new engine right now and the other kit was Ebay'd before anything further happened. Your excuses are sounding more simular to your boss, remember, we have already been hearing his excuses for years off this character so your going to have to make some new ones if you want to keep your job.

No scammy vendor will ever piss off everybody on a site. They'll sure as hell do their best early on, and get lots of backers and fans of their work. Then everything turns to crap for a large group of followup members who aren't forum die-hards. These lurkers buy the same wares that "valued" forum members come away happy with; and many people just get hosed across the board.

Bad product gets shipped or no product ships at all.
Complaining customers get Excuses out the wazooo or just flat out ignored.

Then those buyers post their concerns back on the site that provided the "great" opportunity to learn about the product in the first place.

The established "valuable" forum members defend their great vendor tooth and nail because they have nothing but praise to sing; and some "kid" coming on complaining draws the ire of those established forum members.

No admin staff will chastise a vendor or their valued members over some random guy with 30 posts and a few hundred bucks missing from their wallet.

Really, if anybody is considering buying from GSM - the question you have to ask is "why are there so many complaints?"

Most vendors do their job; and they do their jobs well. No complaints, or communication is quick to remedy any concern.

Then you get GSM. Companies like this need to just stop operating. They leave enthusiasts with a sour taste in their mouths for wanting to work on their cars; and that is a gigantic shame for all web communities. You don't need to get ripped off to know that getting ripped off sucks; and there is no good motive to expose your wallet to any company that has such a poor reputation.

I'm not saying Jay is untrustworthy; I'm simply posing the issue that this scenario plays out time and time again; and it will not end until people stop spending their money with vendors that provide service only when they need to impress.

Torred Daytona # 0779

Hersay? Circumstantial evidence? You spend your money there then. I have counted over 6 different Charger Forums members on this post alone that have put up comments addressing their specific, individual problems and general dislike for GSM. Add the other dozen or so anecdotal posts that warn against this place and I'm now suspicious. All are made up/blown out of proportion, I'm sure. Right? I doubt it; it just doesn'r make sense.

Sure, if one or two people were complaining, I would agree with you. But so far, I see the customer base for 2 different forums and a magazine REALLY not liking this compnay. I'm sure that Jay is a great guy, but how at all is this indicative of GSM's business practices? After all, Jay is the self-admitted new guy that has no idea about the issues that have occurred in the past. As far as I see it, the root of the disease can still be festering in this company, because Jay is only a frontman; not "The man".

I love forgiveness and second chances; especially when it pertains to my friends, family, and personal life. But this is business. With a million shops already proven to be reputable, why shop with guys who are still having problems (just read the earlier posts for current issues)? I'm sure that GSM has many happy customer. After all, no business is through-and-through awful or they do not last long. But I am not interested in a company that pleases 50% of their customers. Or even 75%. I'm looking for a place that pleases in the high 90's, ESPECIALLY when it comes to my Charger. I mean, we're talking about our multi-thousand dollar investments (and we all know that it is worth FAR more than mere $$$).

So you say give a second chance? I say you're crazy to blindly trust an ify dealer with something so important to you. Parts, install, sercives, online dealers...hell, this stuff is risky enough as it is! Why would I want to take the chance of increasing the odds against me? Seems kind of counter-productive. I've already had about three bad experiences since starting to buy stuff for my car! As f-ed up as it is, this crap happens a lot. Now, I can't imagine going through similar problems with really serious engine equiptment. i mean, if stuff gets screwed up, my warranty is toasted and it falls 100% on my shoulders. So frankly, I need to trust my parts (and their subsequent claims) 100%. Do you feel this way about GSM? If you do, shop there and I wish you the best. Personally, I'm not sold yet. I said it before; I'll wait to hear a bunch from a people that have bought the specifc item I am seeking and only if it could only be found at GSM say that they were wonderful and the parts lived up to the marketing. Only then would I consider even consider them. Because I'm not starving without them. Right around the corner, I have HHP, 402Motoring, and TByrne.
2007 Dodge Charger R/T AWD. Limo tint, Zooomers, Mopar CAI, Diablo Tuner, Custom Grill/Badges/Engine Cover, 22's w/ Nittos, BlackChrome Dash, Xbox 360, 10" hi-def headrest monitors, 9" Pyle Sunvisor monitors, 10.2" wide rear view monitor, rear mount cam w/ night vis, 2 10" pioneer subwoofers, aluminum pedals, Garmin Nuvi...pant, pant. More to come! http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...nja/?start=all

I think you need to check out all the other boards that people have had serious complaints of GSM. Hearsay is "I heard this CAI adds 25 hp..." What isn't hearsay is reading about people getting completely owned by their purchase. It doesn't matter if most people say "my ordered product works great." The matter is how GSM treats those that say "my ordered product doesn't work or never showed up."

Jay - here's a suggestion for ways to clean up the image:

1) If a customer posts to ask why they never got called back or emailed back or PM'ed back. Don't offer lame excuses like what Scott would do. If a customer leaves a message after hours; make an effort to call that customer back the next day. Don't wait 2 weeks because the guy hasn't called back for the 8th time. When the customer posts to complain on some site, don't post some lame excuse about how they'd be glad to talk to you if you call 9-5 on a weekday and hopefully he isn't busy working on making more awesome mods. Same goes for making sure you are notified to receiving any PM and your sales staff knows 100% that if they get a question from a customer that they cannot answer; they better find someone who can answer it instead of expecting the customer to do the legwork.

2) If a part ends up needing new revisions to components or new instructions; make sure those buyers who already have the kit hear about this. Some guy on 300C formus had to fab his own mounting bracket when he got his supercharger. How many people have a lathe and a chunk of aluminum to fab? Heck, how many people are psychic enough to know they need new/revised instructions that are different than those they have received. The nonchalant manner at which some people were told 'oh yeah that problem was fixed but you got a early kit' is rather irresponsible.

3) If a buyer wants his money back; give it to him without making the whole thing turn into a crapfest. I understand refunds are painful. But if someone has waited 10 weeks and doesn't have what was promised; give them their money back if they ask. Drawing out the pain and suffering is rude and insensitive to the buyer. It looks bad on GSMs part since a customer can only be asked to "trust" GSM for so long.

4) If a part konks out on a lot of people, stand behind it. Blaming the installer or blaming the buyer when a problem happens to a large number of people is silly. A manifold that cracks on lots of people is not an installer problem. It's a supplier problem.

All this assumes the good faith of GSM in providing a good, reliable, tested and quality product. It doesn't matte if 80% of people get good products. Nobody wants to be in the other 20% of the crew that gets destroyed by deceptive and extremely odd business practices.

Torred Daytona # 0779

I will add my 2 cents here. i ordered my the custom 5.7 valve covers from gsm on 24 oct and was told i should have them in two weeks. well, i waited for around 2 months and still no covers, so i finally asked for a refund about a week ago and the money finally did get refunded back to my credit card -- thanks to Jay. I really wanted those valve covers though

This is far from name calling, I believe the other party began calling individuals attempting to warn a club Childish but now it seems the new PR move wasn't quite working. Typical of lesser truthful institutions as people find out the real story.

Why the GSM blowers are grenades ? It's all about incorrect designing by a certain individual that has No Clue what he is doing and backs that up with a lack of R&D. Stick to the overpriced and cheesy valve cover shields it's safer.

Rather i dare cause GSM anymore problems trying to educate lambs led to slaughter, Here it is from a LEGITITMATE company who found a fix so we don't continue to lose anymore engines due to these people. They can explain the failures and fixes themselves.

GSM will not replace your engine or little else like your money and you will be lucky to get a response once they find out what happened. The money goes in but nothing comes back out for your failures. A PR kid (sorry Jay it's not your fault) on the phone instead of the owner to piece your life back together when your investment is destroyed, Please.

The below is not to promote other companies but only to educate the majority willing to listen and save themselves some grief we have already been through with this place.

The Truth is rediculed and downplayed as hecklers or those on an agenda when true. It has to be depressed quickly so busy can continue. There will be some interesting damage control or more easily a delete button will be hit over the below. Personnally, my only involvement in this is to warn fellow owners and club members they are being led down the path from Present and Past experiance with my own losses from it. Believe me or believe your own fellow Hemi brothers and sisters fallen victims and taken advantage of below.
Arizona Speed & Marine has been approached by several owners of the Paxton based supercharger kit sold with auxiliary injectors. The system doesn’t supply equal fuel distribution into each cylinder and causing lean cylinders and piston failure. It’s the domino effect; some cylinders are over fueled and the ECU is correcting by trying to maintain air fuel ratios near 14.7 to 1, and reduces the injector pulse width while under boost, and causes severe damage to the pistons and engine.
The Paxton based system can now be converted on the 5.7L engine and soon will be available for 6.1L engines. The original supercharger must be modified to change the angle of the discharge towards the firewall where the larger after cooler is mounted and the new discharge duct to the engine. This requires the supercharger be sent to AS&M to have the impeller housing changed and have clearances set up between the impeller and new housing.
Larger injectors are supplied along with a new spark and fuel controller to supply fuel directly into the inlet port and retard timing while under boost. A new spacer plate provided and replaces the auxiliary injector plate that has provisions for vacuum ports for the 2-bar MAP sensor and optional boost gauge. You can now run your supercharger and have an option for the auxillary injector fiasco.

Information from fellow Hemi Owners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase023
And I thought Hennessey was bad.. LOL
But at least he offers a warranty.

People don't see how much really goes into the R&D of a product. A lot of testing has to be done to make something feasible to use especially something like this.

I wonder how much these vendors have spent on their products before they bring it out to the public?

With GSM, I can tell you. NONE! That's why a lot of the engines he does blow up. Like Steve said in his posting, now days there is a lot more to modifying an engine than just bolting stuff on. There are tuning issues and air fuel mixture and flow parameters. The Scott Quarantra method is, when one customers engine blows up, that's R&D for the next customer.

Don't hold your breath and wait for Scott to post on this thread and try and defend himself and his business. He won't because his actions are indefensible and he knows it. We all do. If he had a single fiber of human decency in his body, he would step forward and help out those guys with blown up engines. But he won't, because that is not the Scott Quarantra way. He got their money, and that's ALL that matters to him.

ZeeMek,

No problem. When I read that thread I was astounded as most of you are. The number of failures is unacceptable to the motoring community. Even worse is the tepid reply from GSM. The lack of response and no responsibility by GSM, and the continued sale of these items in the face of these failures says a lot.

I'd just hate for someone here to make a purchase, destroy an engine, and then be told, that since the work is all "custom", it won't be covered, or honored. It's as though a whole segment of the motoring world is being used for live R&D to find out what does and does not work. And these owners are paying the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleal
I hope that you dont have to bear the full burden of the replacement on your own.

And that is the sad part. In ALL of these situations, NOT ONCE has GSM stepped forward to help out the damaged party. Any decent and honest shop would would at least offer to pay some of it, parts, labor, whatever. Not GSM.

Before I got my Magnum I had a Dakota R/T, and I can tell you that Scott had a history of doing this again and again. Just peruse ANY of the Dakota R/T or Durango forums and you will see thread after thread of folks that have gotten the same treatment from GSM. Folks that have spent thousands and thousands of dollars for performance modifications and were left high and dry as soon as they started having major problems.

It's one thing if the traction bars you ordered don't fit. It's another thing when you install a product and your engine grenades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
And that is the sad part. In ALL of these situations, NOT ONCE has GSM stepped forward to help out the damaged party. Any decent and honest shop would would at least offer to pay some of it, parts, labor, whatever. Not GSM.

This is so true. From what I have seen after following hundreds of posts GSM rarely responds and when they do they always shift the blame on the customer. All of these engines blowing up and "it's because of additional mods that the customer has made". Note that it doesn't matter if the mods were installed BEFORE (!!) the supercharger or after, it's still seems to be the customer's fault. In all the years I have been on automotive message boards I have never seen as many complaints about a company as I have seen with GSM.

Now, depending on who you believe, Scott in forum A or the same Scott in forum B, GSM has sold either "600" superchargers in the past two years or "more than a thousand". Let's go with the lower number. Muliply 600 X an estimated average price of $6,000++ and you get a minimum $3.6 million dollars. Gasp!!! Now with numbers like that, even at low profit margins it seems to me that GSM could MORE than afford to replace a few engines without blinking an eye. It's called "warranty coverage" and it should be built into the price so that the "cost of doing business" is spread out among everyone buying the system. Hell, even a puny amount such as $40 added to each $6,000-$10,000 supercharger sale would buy a few replacement engines a year!! Yes, the customer should accept some of the risk with systems like this, but certainly for the amount of money they are laying out, not ALL of it.

This is just my opinion but considering the amount of people with blown engines I think it would be totally foolish for anyone to buy a SC from GSM until the issues are solved. It seems pretty obvious that you are pretty much on your own once the system is installed. Yeah, I know, a few people have been satisfied with their service and will step forward and rave about them. But what really matters is the ones who are out thousands and thousands of dollars - and the list of such folks appears to be growing. GSM doesn't seem to care, how sad if that is truly the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResumeSpeed
This is so true. From what I have seen after following hundreds of posts GSM rarely responds and when they do they always shift the blame on the customer. All of these engines blowing up and "it's because of additional mods that the customer has made". Note that it doesn't matter if the mods were installed BEFORE (!!) the supercharger or after, it's still seems to be the customer's fault. In all the years I have been on automotive message boards I have never seen as many complaints about a company as I have seen with GSM. GSM doesn't seem to care, how sad if that is truly the case.

It used to be that the ONLY way to get Scott to address an issue was call him out on the boards. And then all you got was a posting from Scott asking you to call him, which really was his voice mail. As long as Scott gets the customers money, that's ALL that matters to him. Unless the install works 100% perfect, he never wants to hear from you. And like you pointed out, whenever anything goes wrong, it's ALWAYS THE CUSTOMERS FAULT.

I've mentioned the Dakota R/T and Durango forums, because Scott has a pattern which everyone should be aware of. GSM enters into a forum and market with all these "Wonder Mods". Sometimes they work, those are the ONLY ones he wants you to know about, never the failures or fittmant issues. The problem is, these mods have never been fully researched and developed, in fact, it is THE CUSTOMERS VEHICLES that are the baseline for GSM R&D. And the customer foots the bill for that.
After he has taken all the money he can from that forum and that community, he leaves and moves on to greener pastures. Now he has come here. When the time comes, he will leave here in a cloud of dust with your money be off to the next forum and vehicle market. He did it to the Dakota R/T and Durango folks, and he will do it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Hammer
PROBLEM:
Dryflow intake manifold and fuel separation.

Its really not the dryflow intake manifold that is causing the issues. Its the intake manifold design. There are alot of successful aux injector setups that work very well with a dry flow intake manifold. It has always been my understanding that the 5.7 and the 6.1 intake manifolds are very close in design to the ones used on the 4.7 dakota engine.

Being around the Dakota community, I have learned that an aux injector does not work with this intake manifold design. The fuel just passes right past the the #1 and #2 pistons causing them to run lean. And when you tune with a wideband 02 you are not getting the full story of what is going on with each piston. The others can be running fat enough that it shows a good A/F out the tailpipe, but #1 can be dangerously lean.

Scott claimed that the intake manifold has been tested and all the runners flow very close to each other. I can see them all flowing close to each other, but that is with just air. What happens when you spray a liquid through it. Do they still all flow the same? I asked on the LX forums if any of this extensive testing on the intake manifold was documented for others to see. I haven't gotten a response. And I don't expect to. I have done business with GSM in the the past with my Dakota, so I know the routine. Usually, its you must have something else done to your vehicle, or your vehicle is different than anyone elses, or you are not doing something right.

As soon as I seen the S/C setup that was being used on the LX's, I knew my 300 would never have the GSM supercharger on my personal car. I am not comfortable with the aux injector setup on the LX intake manifolds.

Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndakrt
Scott claimed that the intake manifold has been tested and all the runners flow very close to each other. I asked on the LX forums if any of this extensive testing on the intake manifold was documented for others to see. I haven't gotten a response. And I don't expect to. I have done business with GSM in the the past with my Dakota, so I know the routine. Usually, its you must have something else done to your vehicle, or your vehicle is different than anyone elses, or you are not doing something right.

Well that goes along the lines that Scott uses his customers cars for his "extensive testing", all of his R&D. And he'll keep selling them, and installing and using the failure rate to make adjustments. He did that for years with the Dakota R/T folks, saying "keep me posted", and "let me know how it works out". All he is doing is fishing for feedback so he can make changes. He figures that when the motors finally stop blowing up, he will finally be close to a real product. The whole intake manifold, TB injector, and #1,2 pistons issue is a perfect example of GSM using the customers cars for R&D.

We spend a ton of money on our cars, and would never let some inexperienced mechanic "learn" basic car repair on our cars. But that is what Scott is doing. Using other peoples cars to learn what works, and what does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Well that goes along the lines that Scott uses his customers cars for his "extensive testing", all of his R&D. And he'll keep selling them, and installing and using the failure rate to make adjustments. He did that for years with the Dakota R/T folks, saying "keep me posted", and "let me know how it works out". All he is doing is fishing for feedback so he can make changes. He figures that when the motors finally stop blowing up, he will finally be close to a real product. The whole intake manifold, TB injector, and #1,2 pistons issue is a perfect example of GSM using the customers cars for R&D.

We spend a ton of money on our cars, and would never let some inexperienced mechanic "learn" basic car repair on our cars. But that is what Scott is doing. Using other peoples cars to learn what works, and what does not work.

Well, being from the Dakota community myself, I know all to well how it works with GSM. Offer a new product that no one else is offering. The problem, he doesn't fully test or R & D the product before it is released. He has someone make a mock up that works and then starts to mass produce from there. Then once its in the customers hands, the fitment and other problems develop from there. I know how it can be a rush to get a product to market before someone beats you to the punch, but at the same time, don't degrade the quality of your product just to be the first one out.

Someday I will start working on my truck again to get it back on the road after purchasing a product from GSM. Its been sitting for 2 years now while I try to decide what is the proper route to take for repair. I have come to the conclusion that I need to strip it completely of the GSM product and start over fresh. No sense in polishing a turd, cause when you get done, it still just stinks.

Shawn

gsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResumeSpeed
This is so true. From what I have seen after following hundreds of posts GSM rarely responds and when they do they always shift the blame on the customer. All of these engines blowing up and "it's because of additional mods that the customer has made". Note that it doesn't matter if the mods were installed BEFORE (!!) the supercharger or after, it's still seems to be the customer's fault. In all the years I have been on automotive message boards I have never seen as many complaints about a company as I have seen with GSM.

Now, depending on who you believe, Scott in forum A or the same Scott in forum B, GSM has sold either "600" superchargers in the past two years or "more than a thousand". Let's go with the lower number. Muliply 600 X an estimated average price of $6,000++ and you get a minimum $3.6 million dollars. Gasp!!! Now with numbers like that, even at low profit margins it seems to me that GSM could MORE than afford to replace a few engines without blinking an eye. It's called "warranty coverage" and it should be built into the price so that the "cost of doing business" is spread out among everyone buying the system. Hell, even a puny amount such as $40 added to each $6,000-$10,000 supercharger sale would buy a few replacement engines a year!! Yes, the customer should accept some of the risk with systems like this, but certainly for the amount of money they are laying out, not ALL of it.

This is just my opinion but considering the amount of people with blown engines I think it would be totally foolish for anyone to buy a SC from GSM until the issues are solved. It seems pretty obvious that you are pretty much on your own once the system is installed. Yeah, I know, a few people have been satisfied with their service and will step forward and rave about them. But what really matters is the ones who are out thousands and thousands of dollars - and the list of such folks appears to be growing. GSM doesn't seem to care, how sad if that is truly the case.

amen brother!!!!!!!!! i will either turbo or supercharge my 5.7, but not throuh gsm ever!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gsm Failures And Lawsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp mobile
amen brother!!!!!!!!! i will either turbo or supercharge my 5.7, but not throuh gsm ever!!!!

That's the attitude you have to have, especially with a company like GSM. You've spent a lot of money just to let some guy like Scott Quarantra experiment on your car, and then walk away when the problems start.

Turbos and S/C are great power makers, but everything depends on the tuning. Get it wrong and Ka-Boom. Honestly, I say wait, hold off and see how all these forced induction products do in the long run. Since the GSM kit uses a Paxton head unit, perhaps you could contact Paxton directly. In fact, I'm not even sure if Vortech/Paxton knows just how many engines Scott had blown up with his duct tape, zip tie installation and tuning kit, while using their Head Unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesrt8
In answer to an excellent question: since our intake manifolds are designed to flow only air, no attention was given to fuel distribution on a cylinder by cylinder basis. Any carbureted motor would almost never experience any distribution issues due to the fact that manifolds had dozens of elaborate tricks designed to keep fuel in suspension and insure even distribution.

Our engines inject the fuel right at the intake valve, thus the manifold is elaborately tuned to enhance air flow at certain RPM ranges for driveability. absolutely no consideration was given to fuel. Fuel mixture is extremely accurately controlled by injector timing.

I have personally set up dozens of big block chevys with nitrous and turbos for marine use. We tuned by plugs, pure and simple. If you guys with these blower motors would pull a plug once in a while you would know what was lean and where. Plus, if you're running boost or nitrous you NEVER do that in a high compression motor. You'll never have enough timing to make for good throttle response and that snappy feel that we love in a hot motor. And a blown motor runs great just before....BOOM!

Build the motor from scratch with a bottom end set up for boost and you'll have a great starting point. Costs a lot of money.

Steve,

Granted the majority of us here, (including me), really do no have the mechanical/automotive knowledge and expertise like you. While I understand how and why a motor works, I do not know all the engineering nuances about air and fuel flow patterns and problems. We know the days of bolting on a set of dual Quads onto a Tarantula manifold are over, especially with these FI/Smog compliant new engines. So we depend on guys like you to set us straight, and point us straight. The problem is, the auto modding world is filled with guys who are short on knowledge, and long on greed. Scott Quarantra and GSM is at the forefront of this infamous field.

Scott at GSM knows how power hungry guys like us are, and built and sold a system that is piss poor and blows engines up. Plain and simple. What made it worse, is when he can't get it right, he leaves the customer with a blown engine. Then he blames the customer.

The bottom line is Scott at GSM is selling a product that is badly designed and has no R&D time in it. AND SCOTT KNOWS IT! He is a rip off artist that will take your money first, and turn his back on you when you have problems with his crappy product. He uses customers cars as his baseline for R&D. A guy like him, and a business like his has no place in the market for people like us that love our cars.

Well,…

Before you go out and spend your hard earned money on anything from Scott Quarantra at GS Motorsports, please read this first.
Another one bites the dust
Then when you're done, go here.
GSM Problems (formerly 'Thank you GSmotorsports')

You guys should read this.

Finally you can go over at the Dakota R/T website.

There you'll find a list of unhappy GS Motorsports customers who are contacting the folks over at "Dream Car Garage" to tell them what a rip-off Scott Q. is and how he takes your money and doesn't stand behind his work. There's a long list of folks with everything from Hemi Engines that blew up after installing the GSM Paxton kit, to "large capacity" oil pans that aren't large capacity and don't fit (Heavy D), to Viper brakes that'll get someone killed (me), to "drop in" Be-Cool radiators that don't drop in.

The common thread in all of these is that, whenever there's a problem, it's always the customers fault!

The fact that Scott Quarantra can actually sleep at night is beyond me. The man doesn't have a conscience or a soul. He's living proof that there are people in the automotive aftermarket arena that are greedy, selfish, self-serving, and only care about taking your money. The way you can tell that Scott is lying is when his lips move. The way you know he's stealing is when he takes money.

Search the automotive web. You'll see that if it "looks like a thief, sounds like a theif, talks like a thief, and acts like a theif, it's probably a theif." That's Scott Quantra and GS Motorsports.

Mark

Another one bites the dust

I thought long and hard about when I wanted to make this post, or if I should post it at all. But I visited my Magnum today, with the supercharger removed and a new short block going in, and reminded myself of telling a few people with similar problems that they should post the engine problems with the supercharger installed if only as information for the community we are all part of. First let me say I am not a GS hater, and this thread is not to bash anyone. Will I go back to them, no, do I think the product is flawed, yes. There are some basic problems, I lost #1piston, and cracked some others, as did most others, the additional fuel injectors in the throttle body do not work properly. My S/C was installed in June 05, by GS in Calif, mine was done just before Obiwan's first motor. The car was returned to me with no dyno testing and a "standard" fuel map. My dyno testing at Pro Dyno in Phoenix determined that GS mis- wired the fuel management piggy back system, and used incorrect injectors. I repaired that at my expense and spent 12 hours of dyno time and at least double that road testing with a race tuning expert. Could only get it to run strong for very brief times and it would lose the tune. There has been nothing added to the engine or power train at all since the install.
The car has under 7000 miles, and when it died I was going about 40 mph, with no boost on it. I am not one to just flog a car it was not abused in any way. I am not looking to anyone to fix my car; I am replacing the motor at my expense and have not asked anyone to provide assistance. This is just an informational post for those with thoughts of running boost with a piggy back system. I am not a whiner, please don't post a "well you should have known better response", or a you did something wrong post. I am just providing information I wish I had before I installed this system. Bottom line - do I think this engine failure was my fault? -no. It happened, and all these documented failures cannot all be the fault of the car owner - at least I find that hard to believe. However, I am determined I'll get this one right yet - just not with the GS system

2007 Charger SRT8 Plum Crazy #160/300

GS Motorsports

I cant take it anymore!!! These guys simply do not give a crap about thier customers. Orders are always late (sometimes by months), orders rarely include all the componants necessary to complete the installation and many of the parts simply do not work. It is virtually impossible to get a hold of anyone at GSM and they refuse to respond to voicemail or e-mail messages (unless of course you are calling to place an order).

Here are some examples:

Every order was at least 3-4 weeks late and some were 8-weeks late.
Many orders were incomplete.
The injectors were to small for the big-boost kit.
The intake would only allow 5-6 psi of boost with the big boost kit.

I returned the injectors, intake and control module (6) weeks ago, but have not yet received any credit for them as promised.

I have been promised receipts for my purchases and get nothing.

Good luck getting any satisfaction from GSM, I've lost not one but two motors in less than one year thanks to their super charger system.

One of these was a custom built motor that Scott said would be bullet proof.

So I'm out $15K not including what the replacement motor will cost this time.

The problem isn't necessarily the maps but the design flaw. The intake system is designed as a dry system to carry air only. When you try to atomize fuel and air in a plenum that is only designed for air, you get uneven distribution.

If you did a cross section of our intake, you could see that the air is forced to the rear of the manifold then distributed via runners towards the front.

The path of least resistance is the rear cylinders which get the majority of the atomized fuel leaving the front cylinders to lean out.

At partial throttle where the ECU is getting data from the O2 sensors, it goes crazy and sees a rich condition and starts pulling fuel back from the injectors, now the rears are getting the boost from the secondary injectors so they are not going to hurt so much but the front, rely mostly on the factory injectors that just got trimmed back by the ECU which thinks its too rich.

Now GSM will tell you that you need to monitor it with a AFR guage, true. But the wide band AFR is sampling one side of the motor, and presenting a percentage based on the flow from 4 cylinders, not 1. Therefore it may say you are running 11.5:1 but, that is a combined sampling of the full exhaust flow for the side the wide band is on. And what should stand out as distiction is GSM installed my wideband bung on the passenger side, the one side that typically doesn't run lean or burn pistons.

Even if you were to add EGT, which I did, you would need one on each of the exhaust tubes and who amongst us can watch 8 temp readings at once?

Its a poor design destined to fail the majority of the time if you use the piggy back controller. I would guess that damage has already been done to your motor and it is a matter of time before it lets loose.

As for the BBB, here is their history http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...yID=132204 29 I have filed a complaint but that does not mean that GSM has to honor any thing or deal with the BBB

Here is a link to the OC district attorneys office department of consumer affairs http://www.orangecountyda.com/home/index.asp?page=117

Rating: Reviewed By: trainman20715 Date: 09/22/2007
i ordered a super charger from this company about a year a go my truck has been setting for allmost as long they will tell you what ever to get your money after that you will not get any service i sent the comp back 3 are 4 weeks ago .when i talk to them i was told it would be a 3 day turn around when i order it it took 12 weeks to get the super charger i was told a week when i got the super charger parts was missing it took 3 more shipments to get it all i paid for over night shipment.they have lied to me from the start .when i got the boost kit put on i took the truck to a truck show i had to tow it back 300 hundred miles because it wouldnt start because of the comp so if anyone else has went through this please let me know and maybe we can get a class action suit started agaist g.s. motorsports my cell is 301 802 6289 iam randy my email is [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsun300c
Barny...If you haven't already done so please give GSM a call and get the right timing map and fuel map for your car! As documented in my prior posts to this thread there is a real possibility that your controller was shipped with the wrong mapping and could damage your engine on your first dyno pull. It would probably save a lot of dyno time as well.

My engine was disassembled yesterday and not only were both #1 and #3 pistons ruined both my catalytic converters were melted! There was so much fuel being dumped into my cats with the out of the box tuning that the honeycomb was melted into a big blob! My left cat had holes punched through it from my piston pieces as well!

This is no joke...your engine may be at extreme risk!

That’s a sad picture to have to see….my condolences Armadillo. LA SRT8 definitely needs to change the title of this thread.

In my earlier post I mentioned being concerned. I guess I needed to make myself clearer on what I meant by being concerned. I didn’t want to imply that I wasn’t for “pushing the envelope” as I totally agree with Midnightsun’s discussion of pushing the envelope. Hell how would we have ever landed on the Moon without pushing the envelope. However, when you have so many members posting horrific stories of catastrophic engine failures it raises a red flag. When you read numerous posts of GSM’s lack of customer support it raises another red flag. To quote Midnightsun again “However, I do not believe that if his supercharger doesn't function correctly that he should be ignored by GSM or have it implied by forum members that he had it coming. There is also an obligation by GSM to make their supercharger work without breaking the car it's put on before putting it on the market.”
This was my concern.

I’m sorry these failures have occurred and I certainly would NEVER say the owner had it coming. The playing field was rigged and the game wasn’t fair to start with. JMHO.

MY Supercharged SRT8 - I hoped i wouldnt have to join..

Well,
i come back on the forum with my head down

My solid built, well manufactured supercharger kit from GSM that i spoke so highly of - has failed!

My engine is blown up.

With stripping it down, and having my mechanics check over the engine (whats left of it - most came out my exhaust and out the bottom of the block.)

All my pistons and cond rods have blown!

After stripping further, we found a lot of water in my engine - therefore, water causing the con rods and pistons to cease and snap. NOT only that, it seems that the car has over revved - due to the piggy back ecu deleting my rev limiter!!

Thankfully we have managed to sort something out with chrysler and our garae here so we get the new engine, but we pay for the fitting!! I am so angry with GSM, all the horror stories are coming out about these kits now!

The water got into the engine because of the poor positioning of the air filter. every puddle you go through, up sucks the water. I have seen this on sever porsches with after market filters also!

so just now, we are trying to source a new SRT engine (which chrysler dont sell as a whole) and ancilleries to get my standard SRT back to factory.

Its a very sad day when this happens, thankfully i was only going 30 mph.

a very depressed and angry Scottish boy!

Sorry to hear another one bites the dust thanks to ****ty R & D on the part of GSM . Did anyone try contacting the Blower manufacturer that GSM abuses(Oh ..I meant uses) and informing them of their torched motors ? Would they even care ? I just don't know when enough is going to be enough . Yet they continue to prosper on everyone else's misfortune . Not even mine but I still get a deep sinking feeling in my stomach when I read these stories . And the sad part is I'm sure not everyone who blew had this anticipated in their mod budgets and now something else that gives you pleasure has taken the hit and is on hold . Good luck getting back on the road again and sleep well GSM ...knowing you killed another one . DISGUSTING!!!!!!

GSM Problems (formerly 'Thank you GSmotorsports')
Make sure you read through this similar thread that now has a revised title. I am so sorry to hear that this has also happened to your brand new vehicle. Dealing with GSM for various members has not been good and I worry what about the difficulty for someone outside the U.S.

Don't let GSM get away with this disaster.
bruno

I am one of the ones with a similar problem with GS (a destroyed engine)- don't expect them to respond except to blame YOU for messing up their perfectly good s/c
I'm sure some how they will twist it and prevert it so sound like it is your fault. Then should you complain about it, they will lable you as a "hater".

They claim to have sucessfully supercharged over 600 (or was it 1000) with no problems and any time there is a problem it is operator error.

I had GSM custom build me a "bullet proof" motor after my stock motor was torched by their blower kit, which they installed and tuned BTW.

The new "bullet proof" motor lasted 6 freaking months to the tune of over $4500. I called Scott on his personal cell phone and he says oh its just something stupid you must have sucked something up in through the supercharger and it lodged in the motor.

I for one am sick of thier lies, distortions and blaming customers. They have a faulty product, they know it yet they continue to deny there are issues and make more money off us chumps who believe the lies and propaganda.

A note to GSM: After reading these people's accounts of your product and service, along with your refusal to even make an attempt to help these guys out to try and figure out what's going. I assure you that I will on every opportunity refer people to these threads that keep coming up, so they can read it for themselves. I am only one man. But that is the best that I can do.

2006 Magnum RT

GEN XER
Premium Member

Car: 2006 Silver Steel CHRYSLER 300C SRT-8
Member Number: 600
Trader Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,292 How about a class action law suit. There is no way with as many folks here with problems with this S/C that you cant come together and at least make them appear in court to face you guys and explain why there S/C's are so unsafe, noticed I said unsafe. Hint. Hint. Even if you dont win, they still have to pay court costs to defend themselves and at least that may be some gratification for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpwebman
What made the GSM-supercharged 5.7's blow ?

bryan00rt
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bryan00rt
Send email to bryan00rt
Find More Posts by bryan00rt
Add bryan00rt to Your Buddy List

12-05-2007, 11:28 AM #44
X E Ryder

I join the lesser ranks of those who had their money in hand and were running down the road to GSM ready to get our "Hemi's Blown" (Up). I talked to Scott on the phone about lean burnt pistons and he was all smiles and "those were isolated occurances we had on initial release of the kit."

Well, the dead bodies would not all fit in the closet, and they kinda all spilled out at once. So to be honest, that scared the $hit out of me and I did not feel confident to do business with GSM. It just did not seem worth it.

But then you walked in, and I was duly impressed because it was like having a target on your head. I was in the process of awarding you the big brass award for really doing a great thing:

Quote:
...So if you want to blow up please release the stress. I am here to hear good or bad comments to make a difference...

That was a great thing! But when the masses start to Do Just That you say:

Quote:
...I hate to burst a certain members bubble but I told you I was here to make a difference. I guess its all about show and tell. So i guess you have something else negative to sy now too. Here is one for you, "Put your money where your mouth is". Because perfection is what I'm getting paid for. My word is bond.

Thanks,
Jay

Now your talking smack back? You told the entire forum you would take the heat and for them to let it out. They FINALLY start venting doing just that and you pop sarcastic on them.

I guess it is just another very talented sales tactic. Only Scott could come up with a "restored sales plan" this creative. Best of luck to GSM and those who do business with them. My 5 minutes of hope are up.

Jay, one thing your not realizing is, that even though your trying to do a good job, Scott is still selling supercharger kits that will grenade your engine.

No amount of PR or fancy talking about service is going to fix that.

Now if Scott were to fix the kits, make restitution to people that have been taken for a lot of money, then people would listen.

Basically, your trying to fix a damaged reputation and that is admarable, but until the company as a whole steps up, your probably wasting your time.

After reading all of these complaints I am truly sorry for your loses. But this was before my time. Bryan00rt I guess I own you an open apology for coming off like that. I didn't know it was that bad, I just thought you were giving me a hard time.

If I would have known this I would have never voiced my opinion on this matter as I don't have a supercharger on my car. But with all these statements I have nothing but to believe in the writings.

I am not a little kid, but I guess I raved like one in the earlier post. If I were in you guys shoes I guess I would be highly pissed too.

So if you guys can find the place in your hearts to forgive me. Then I will contunie to try and correct this from happening in the future. Every since I met Scott he has seemed to be a sound guy so I was taught to treat a person like they treat you. Not listen to what others are saying about that person.

Jay

Hersay? Circumstantial evidence? You spend your money there then. I have counted over 6 different Charger Forums members on this post alone that have put up comments addressing their specific, individual problems and general dislike for GSM. Add the other dozen or so anecdotal posts that warn against this place and I'm now suspicious. All are made up/blown out of proportion, I'm sure. Right? I doubt it; it just doesn'r make sense.

Sure, if one or two people were complaining, I would agree with you. But so far, I see the customer base for 2 different forums and a magazine REALLY not liking this compnay. I'm sure that Jay is a great guy, but how at all is this indicative of GSM's business practices? After all, Jay is the self-admitted new guy that has no idea about the issues that have occurred in the past. As far as I see it, the root of the disease can still be festering in this company, because Jay is only a frontman; not "The man".

I love forgiveness and second chances; especially when it pertains to my friends, family, and personal life. But this is business. With a million shops already proven to be reputable, why shop with guys who are still having problems (just read the earlier posts for current issues)? I'm sure that GSM has many happy customer. After all, no business is through-and-through awful or they do not last long. But I am not interested in a company that pleases 50% of their customers. Or even 75%. I'm looking for a place that pleases in the high 90's, ESPECIALLY when it comes to my Charger. I mean, we're talking about our multi-thousand dollar investments (and we all know that it is worth FAR more than mere $$$).

So you say give a second chance? I say you're crazy to blindly trust an ify dealer with something so important to you. Parts, install, sercives, online dealers...hell, this stuff is risky enough as it is! Why would I want to take the chance of increasing the odds against me? Seems kind of counter-productive. I've already had about three bad experiences since starting to buy stuff for my car! As f-ed up as it is, this crap happens a lot. Now, I can't imagine going through similar problems with really serious engine equiptment. i mean, if stuff gets screwed up, my warranty is toasted and it falls 100% on my shoulders. So frankly, I need to trust my parts (and their subsequent claims) 100%. Do you feel this way about GSM? If you do, shop there and I wish you the best. Personally, I'm not sold yet. I said it before; I'll wait to hear a bunch from a people that have bought the specifc item I am seeking and only if it could only be found at GSM say that they were wonderful and the parts lived up to the marketing. Only then would I consider even consider them. Because I'm not starving without them. Right around the corner, I have HHP, 402Motoring, and TByrne.

Last edited by FlipFlopNinja : 12-16-2007 at 01:52 PM.

holeydonut

Originally Posted by SRT Ceaze
I think we should give the guy a chance, I read the posts and most of what was posted here is hearsay, didn't read through all but from what I gathered were people who just read what others posted ...it could just be a handful of people among hundreds that have had a bad experience ...as is with many companies, every company will have issues, I don't know the extensive history of GSM, but as a customer of theirs I see what they are doing now, I've been to their shop ...about 10 cars in there, most SRT-8's all supercharged or getting there ...they have their SC system on the drift car, why do you ask? It has to be for a good reason, controversy breeds debate and that easily escalates more than what it really was and all the good that GSM has produced can easily be shadowed by people who jump in the bandwagon of hearsay and bashing a vendor. The only comments that have ANY VALUE or merit whatsoever regarding ANY VENDOR is from a customer or forum member that has had direct dealing with that vendor.

I think you need to check out all the other boards that people have had serious complaints of GSM. Hearsay is "I heard this CAI adds 25 hp..." What isn't hearsay is reading about people getting completely owned by their purchase. It doesn't matter if most people say "my ordered product works great." The matter is how GSM treats those that say "my ordered product doesn't work or never showed up."

Jay - here's a suggestion for ways to clean up the image:

1) If a customer posts to ask why they never got called back or emailed back or PM'ed back. Don't offer lame excuses like what Scott would do. If a customer leaves a message after hours; make an effort to call that customer back the next day. Don't wait 2 weeks because the guy hasn't called back for the 8th time. When the customer posts to complain on some site, don't post some lame excuse about how they'd be glad to talk to you if you call 9-5 on a weekday and hopefully he isn't busy working on making more awesome mods. Same goes for making sure you are notified to receiving any PM and your sales staff knows 100% that if they get a question from a customer that they cannot answer; they better find someone who can answer it instead of expecting the customer to do the legwork.

2) If a part ends up needing new revisions to components or new instructions; make sure those buyers who already have the kit hear about this. Some guy on 300C formus had to fab his own mounting bracket when he got his supercharger. How many people have a lathe and a chunk of aluminum to fab? Heck, how many people are psychic enough to know they need new/revised instructions that are different than those they have received. The nonchalant manner at which some people were told 'oh yeah that problem was fixed but you got a early kit' is rather irresponsible.

3) If a buyer wants his money back; give it to him without making the whole thing turn into a crapfest. I understand refunds are painful. But if someone has waited 10 weeks and doesn't have what was promised; give them their money back if they ask. Drawing out the pain and suffering is rude and insensitive to the buyer. It looks bad on GSMs part since a customer can only be asked to "trust" GSM for so long.

4) If a part konks out on a lot of people, stand behind it. Blaming the installer or blaming the buyer when a problem happens to a large number of people is silly. A manifold that cracks on lots of people is not an installer problem. It's a supplier problem.

All this assumes the good faith of GSM in providing a good, reliable, tested and quality product. It doesn't matte if 80% of people get good products. Nobody wants to be in the other 20% of the crew that gets destroyed by deceptive and extremely odd business practices.

Torred Daytona # 0779

holeydonut

iTrader: (0) I don't think there's room for excuses here... saying the past is different is like saying I don't think terrorists are evil anymore because they've changed leaders... doesn't make a lick of sense. You sound as if you and GSM deserve a second chance in buyers' minds. Only time will tell if that is the case; but definitely saying that what happened in the past as inconsequential (while admitting it is regrettable) sort of downplays just how badly people were burned.

If Chrysler has a bad 300 and after selling 50,000 of them they realize the 300s are bad; customers expect a full recall of affected units. They expect Chrysler to tell buyers how to get a fix. The existence of a problem is not the issue. The crux of the matter is that Chrysler lost buyers because they send out bad products that needed to be recalled. Imagine if Chrysler knew of a fat problem and didn't communicate it. Lawsuits of that nature are the bane of the Auto Industry.

Have you ever talked to anyone that bought an old Chrysler Intrepid/Concorde/Dakota/etc that had an issue with engine sludge? Chrysler has refused to acknowledge to any of the tens of thousands of buyers that their engines are prone to sludge buildup even with normal oil change intervals. Thousands of buyers have been screwed by Chrysler. Google up "Chrysler 2.7 engine sludge" to read how badly people were hosed. Each and every single one of those buyers doesn't owe Chrysler a damn thing.

Chrysler tells its customers they make better engines today. Chrysler says to its own dealers how to treat the 2.7L issue (that is, blame the maintenance schedule). They've hired lots of good people to address the lawsuits. But they have never admitted to have doing anything out of the ordinary in business practice because to admit otherwise invites lawsuits.

It is illogical for Chrysler to even attempt a communication to those who were hosed by the 2.7 and early 4.7L that reads: "hey ya'll - the new car is better because we hired some new engineers - all that bad stuff that is the past is now different... quit judging us with hearsay."

You re-claim your reputation through steadfast and long-lived actions... let's see what happens. I wouldn't expect you to admit to any mishap with all those fuel-starved Hemis or the debacle on the Dakota Board. Admitting failure = lawsuits. But what I do hope is that GSM really has turned it around... sort of like how Mopar fans hope Chrysler has turned it around. There is a benefit to a good company providing good products.

Last edited by holeydonut : 12-16-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Chris P

Car: 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8
Member Number: 5062

I'm a relative newbie who rarely posts here because I have a Magnum SRT8, not a 300. I usually just surf this forum for info and tips.

I have to say, the experiences you have with Scott Q. and GSM are to be expected. I used to own a Dakota R/T club cab, and Scott is well known in the Dakota and Durango world as being one who takes money first, and then fails to provide adequate customer service.

If you go over to the Delphi Dakota R/T or Durango Club forums, you will see thread after thread of folks who have gotten the same treatment. There are guys that have spent thousands of dollars on brake systems, exhausts, headers and so on and Scott has skipped out on many of them. He has sold radiators that don't fit, brake systems that fail, exhausts that don't fit, and a large capacity oil pan that not only wont fit, but is not a large capacity.

He only responds when people post on the boards and flame his service and his way of doing business. You have to call him on his failures. Folks on those sites got tired of him saying items have been sent when they have not. Intentionally giving out incorrect tracking numbers. Sending partially filled orders, or orders left unfilled. That is why I did not buy a Paxton kit from him. He is nothing but trouble.

He talks a good story, and sells a good line, but he cannot deliver. If you do not believe me, go to the Delphi Dakota R/T forum, or the Durango Owners Club forum and do a search for GS, GSM, Scott Q. or Scott Quarantra. Better yet, introduce yourself and openly ask for honest feedback and opinions from those who have had dealings with him in the past.

I hope this links work.
You may have to sign up for the Delphi forum.

http://durangoclub.com/forum/index.p...f2878ad1b515ff

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...rt&nav=message

I also had problems getting the ESP/Fan mod for my charger, took a long time, emails not returned. Did finally get it then a lot of threads started popping up about problems with installation, hard to understand directions, etc. I'm afraid to put it on and screw up my car, I think I wasted $200+ bucks.

His - 06' Charger SRT-8
-Lots of mods

Hers - 06' 300C SRT-8
- no mods yet

Chris P

Car: 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8
Member Number: 5062

I'll go back and play on the Magnum SRT8 forums now. But I'll keep checking in from time to time. We'll see what happens during this "defining moment" over the next six months. Sure some folks on the Dakota/Durango forums are very upset at Scott, and rightfully so. And while it was all "in the past", from where I stand it sure looks like he's doing the same thing to the Hemi crowd.

Back then his reasons for poor quality and sporadic service were due to time constraints with his primary job as a meat salesman, or time spent coaching football for AJs team. Then it was because his business was expanding too rapidly. Sounds like he's playing that same song over here.

Anyway his tactics are still the same. Come out with a product that gets attention. Get noticed, sell a few and initially back it with good service. Then when more orders start coming in, take the money and worry about customer service and quality later. If folks complain on the forum, ask them to "give me a call", and then ignore it. If you like I can post Scotts home address and home number so you can chase him down there.

I'm going back to the Magnum forums for now. I'll check back in 6 months and see how well Scott turned it around. I'm willing to bet that there will be more unstatisfied customers than satisfied.

In the mean time enjoy the GSM products and service.

My fuel controller went out and they (talked to Scott directly) said they'd RMA it. It has been months and I still don't have the replacement.

They tried to send me one once about 3 weeks ago, but sent it to the wrong address and UPS ended up sending it back to them. Scott never responded to my email and the phones never get answered there.

Would I recommend them? Nope. Maybe if you were local. The rest of this thread is pretty accurate as to the service you'll get. If you start making noise, you'll get taken care of. Otherwise you are off their radar.

fastmax1

Car:
Member Number: 2671

I have not yet received the refund check or invoices from GS Motorsports that I requested. Once again I am regulated to begging GSM to provide customer service. Anyway, those members that support GSM asked me to post the results of my complaint... here you go.

Srt8u2

Car:
Member Number: 3414

ResumeSpeed
TSB/Recall Forum Moderator

Car: 2006 Fast, really really fast. Yes, no, no, yes, yes, yes
Member Number: 1725
Originally Posted by Srt8u2
The guy is busy moving into a new big shop...

That excuse is getting really, really old. There is NO acceptable excuse for poor customer service. NONE. This is one company I will never buy anything from, ever. They ship incomplete products, ship products with poorly written manuals, do not return emails or phone calls, promise to take care of problems and then don't follow through. A very poorly run company indeed. Scott should be embarassed.

The guy is busy moving into a new big shop, installing a dyno and shipping out a lot of parts to pay for the business expansion.

Whatever
As a business owner, I am fully aware of the difficulties encountered while growing a business and attempting to maintain proper customer service (our annual sales have growm from $2mil to $45mil during the last 24-months). However, I doubt that any of my customers would accept poor service just because I made the decision to grow my business. When I screw-up, I loose business. I do not question Scott's intentions (this is not personal), but he has consistantly demonstrated that he is unable to honor his promises. I am confident that Scott will take care of this issue, but as always, it is a question of if and when.

rtr0id

Car: 2006 Black fully loaded 300C SRT8
Member Number: 2102
Originally Posted by crhemi

I've been watching this type of poor business for years on various forums. This guys personnal feelings are just about lining his pockets. Once he has your money, your forgotten, just to be another of their victims.

yep I own a Dakota R/T also

Edit: Chris P, welcome to the SRT8 owners club

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax1
I cant take it anymore!!! These guys simply do not give a crap about thier customers. Orders are always late (sometimes by months), orders rarely include all the componants necessary to complete the installation and many of the parts simply do not work. It is virtually impossible to get a hold of anyone at GSM and they refuse to respond to voicemail or e-mail messages (unless of course you are calling to place an order).

Here are some examples:

Every order was at least 3-4 weeks late and some were 8-weeks late.
Many orders were incomplete.
The injectors were to small for the big-boost kit.
The intake would only allow 5-6 psi of boost with the big boost kit.

I returned the injectors, intake and control module (6) weeks ago, but have not yet received any credit for them as promised.

I have been promised receipts for my purchases and get nothing.

Anybody else out there with issues?

I sent an email asking about their cold air kit and received no response.

10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
tc01
Public Enemy #1
Vehicle: Donkey Edition Charger
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:4912

becarefull with the gs motorsports one. ive heard alot of bad. i dont want to trash it cause i dont own it and cant tell you from personal exp but alot of people have told me alot of bad.

been a jackass since 1986....
MadCharger
Senior Member Plus! Join Date: Dec 2006
Vehicle: Charger Road&Track
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Midnight Blue
Rep:1143

You'll find some with good results, such as Ken - but beware, there are also PLENTY of horror stories with this kit. Several guys have gone through multiple engines with it. The problem is mainly with the supplemental fuel injectors they use - instead of larger injectors all around. The tuning for it is not adequate, more to the fault that there's just no real tuning available yet for these cars.

There are other options though too, besides GS:

ASM Supercharger
Bullet Performance Supercharger (this is the one I'd like to really see!)
ProCharger

Just make sure you do PLENTY of research before doing anything.....

07-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Zodiak
King Donkey
Vehicle: 300C SRT8
Trim Level: SRT8
Rep:7429

YES!!!! MadCharger is right on!!! Buyer Beware. Every once in a while you hear positive stories like Ken, but I have heard my fair share of HORROR stories....specifically with the GSM supercharger. Now that the Diablo tuner is coming out...maybe do what i am doing...look into a custom twin turbo.....Good luck!

Parties District Court Judge Type of Lawsuit Cause of Action
August 28, 2007
Brown v. Quaranta et al AK Burgess Contract Product Liability Diversity-Product Liability
Plaintiff: Bruce Brown; Defendant: Scott Quaranta, Michael Quaranta, GS Motorsports LLC

Case Number: 3:2007cv00168. Alaska District Court. - Contract Product Liability. Filed: August 28, 2007. Plaintiff: Bruce Brown; Defendant: Scott Quaranta, Michael Quaranta, GS Motorsports LLC.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
As I recall it was mostly fuel management problems (lean).
This is the worst! At least if you're running rich you have a chance to lean it out. Running lean ends up with blown head gaskets and perhaps even worse.

Forget the nitrous, build your motor 1st, Do it right the 1st time so that you wont have to have a 2nd or 3rd.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Uh..thanks for clearing that up Bryan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I really try to not make it personnal although i have every bit of grounds to do so. Mainly, i try to educate and protect in some way to show others the experiances and factual evidence as to the real GSM and Scott. I know him well, like actually been there smiling and joking well. That's why the new PR trick didn't work.
His history of cons, stolen parts, misengineered ideas to grab your wallet are historical in the Dodge truck market until he fled to the hemi forums with his piece meal blower kit. It was Paxton having the initial belief in his kit to direct all their advertising efforts to make him known that gave him the push to your money. Now, it's a different story since the truth came out.

Uh..thanks for clearing that up Bryan.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hope the Judge ruins him for good, and places a huge multi-million dollar debt on his ass forces him to close shop and return to delivering Pizza's just like he did 8 years ago. He has remained in business for far to long considering the **** and havoc he has caused. So glad to see this. Hope they burn him hard.

Good job Bryan!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hear ya Tanky and the sad part is all the time it took for the truck guys to finally grasp the truth once he had run wild for a few years in the group. This is my only reason for trying to help the new groups with our Hemi's today. They have no clue as to the destructiveness of this individual.

Scott has the knack to persuade and swerve the facts to keep people still believing and spending. Back then, He used every nasty trick to get the competition out of the way so he could run wild even to the point of stealing other peoples parts and copying them. The parts failed to work or produce HP as claimed, the stolen oil pans and valve covers leaked, the radiator he ripped off was for a V6 3.9 and was never intended for the V8 Dakota but he turned them loose and they failed after he took everyones money of course.

He created total havoc against one of the most sincere and honest Mopar minded shops that have always been there to help all of us. I bet you have heard of John somewhere in your upgrades.

All the truth has again caught up once again and is coming out now unfortunately to late again. There are those that bash for business and you have to way the facts on a case by case basis but sometimes just take a step back and wonder if what you read might be true and if it is - you might have someone really trying to help you.

You can't save all and some refuse to believe but if we can help a few of our own it's all worth it.

Hope the Judge ruins him for good, and places a huge multi-million dollar debt on his ass forces him to close shop and return to delivering Pizza's just like he did 8 years ago. He has remained in business for far to long considering the **** and havoc he has caused. So glad to see this. Hope they burn him hard.

Good job Bryan!

·
Registered
221 Posts
GSM has success stories?
i have one....when they had their dyno day back in march i think it was...they had some really really good tacos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are some other angles to consider as well. All of us are cage sheep in a forum. Anything exploited as the best and fastest reaches the majority in a club quickly to promote sales. That's why the forum structure has taken off in the internet business world. Why wait for someone to walk in the door of your business to buy a single blower when you can group buy 12 kits in a forum within minutes.

When a vender is required to pay $250 a month X's 15 venders in the larger forums = $3750 + a month revenue is being made by todays forum owners.
Thats $45,000 a year plus the salary off their day job.

Forum owners tend to mother hen and protect these venders letting the good and the unknown bad enter because car payments and house payments are being paid. Vacations are being taken from the newly found revenue venders are required to pay. It's all business and it takes a long time to create an exit for the worst even when evidence is all around of a con. You can probably still find GSM, Scott still listed as a member in most the groups. That's just another lost venders fee which is what the forum is all about anyways to the owners. Not your protection or best interests.

Forum owners have created big business these days off the fees charged to venders to join, post and sell within the groups. The warnings go out if you find a place that has been exceptional and maybe not a forum vender. You might save more money and get the better quality products but the forces within will eliminate you quickly if a word is mentioned to threaten their vender fees.

Leading you to slaughter, not sure if that would be the proper terminology as just losing business for their venders means they will not be able to afford to continue paying the fees which means no new Hemi next year.

Now wonder why you get warnings and get tossed out of the groups for trying to help your friends with something better.

Only in Scott's head.

BTW, where's Scott's PR guy bailing him out...???

·
Registered
261 Posts
I ended up paying two and a half times more than my quote for headers and esp switch w/dyno and used magna flow exaust, the next day i was happy with the headers but felt like i was taken, but im new at all this and saved just enough money to get er done, it's almost like they knew how much i had in the bank-oh- well. That's my experiance.......

·
Banned
437 Posts
I ended up paying two and a half times more than my quote for headers and esp switch w/dyno and used magna flow exaust, the next day i was happy with the headers but felt like i was taken, but im new at all this and saved just enough money to get er done, it's almost like they knew how much i had in the bank-oh- well. That's my experiance.......
The forums and interent are your friend do research next time. Let this be a lesson learned GSM are a bunch of scum bags.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.