Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2006 3.5 SXT about 3 weeks ago as of now I have switched to LED's almost all the way around. I have ordered my HID Conversion Kit and K & N CAI. Other than some other minor interior and exterior mods I am ready to move onto the engine. I am looking to start with the Exhaust but dont have $1,000 to go with a Magnaflow catback. I found blastin bobs and want to see what people think of these. I definately want to have a deep throaty sound to the car and am ok with interior noise as well (within reason) I see that the B-6 and B-62 are non resonated but I want to make sure that I am not going to lose power by going to 3.5" or 4" pipes. I am not opposed to resonators but definately want some sound on my car so I am thinking a 6db res might work too. Any ideas on this would be helpful.

Also I installed LED bulbs in my rears until I get a full LED unit and now the blinkers go fast like they are out but they aren't........any thought? or should I just wait for the replacement tail lights and put in hyper white halogens?

·
Registered
220 Posts
You dont gotta spend 1K on a cat-back, I got my pypes cat-back system for 470 shipped and its pretty easy to install I did mine myself and definitely am no mechanic...

Sounds awesome and picked up some HP

You shouldn't lose any power with the bobs, but you won't gain much, if any, either... Bobs do sound really good though if thats what you're looking for

and with your blinkers there is something you need to install to keep them from flashing crazy, the LED uses less power than a normal bulb so it will flash like your blinker is out, Im not sure what the thing is, but I did see a thread about it somewhere on here, maybe try a search

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you recommend a predator or exhaust first?

·
Registered
220 Posts
100% the predator... makes the car feel completely different... best mod for the money in my opinion

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
100% the predator... makes the car feel completely different... best mod for the money in my opinion
I agree, Predator first, best bang for the buck! I would actually do 1) Predator, 2) CAI and 3) exhaust. Just my opinion.

...I found blastin bobs and want to see what people think of these. I definately want to have a deep throaty sound to the car and am ok with interior noise as well (within reason) I see that the B-6 and B-62 are non resonated but I want to make sure that I am not going to lose power by going to 3.5" or 4" pipes. I am not opposed to resonators but definately want some sound on my car so I am thinking a 6db res might work too. Any ideas on this would be helpful.
The 10db kit will give you some noise but not too much (I have 3 kids and it's fine), has a nice sound that will attract some attention. If you want quiet, the 6db kit would be better. If you want to feel like you're driving a Civic, then the Magnaflow kit is for you. Best thing to do is to contact Bob or to read his posts on LXF, he's very active there. He knows his stuff. You can also spend some time listening to audio clips from his library.

Also I installed LED bulbs in my rears until I get a full LED unit and now the blinkers go fast like they are out but they aren't........any thought?
You need to install load resistors if I'm not mistaking.

Welcome to the forums! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So I am getting my CAI delivered tomorrow!!! ok ok so as I was looking at the diablosport page it shows that the trinity has files for all octanes stock and with a CAI installed and the predator does not. Will the files on the predator properly tune my 3.5 to 91 octane if I have a CAI installed or should I wait to get the $600 and get the trinity?

Predator

Trinity

decisions decisions

·
Registered
220 Posts
So I am getting my CAI delivered tomorrow!!! ok ok so as I was looking at the diablosport page it shows that the trinity has files for all octanes stock and with a CAI installed and the predator does not. Will the files on the predator properly tune my 3.5 to 91 octane if I have a CAI installed or should I wait to get the $600 and get the trinity?

Predator

Trinity

decisions decisions
The predator is fine... it says when ur tuning it that the tune is for lightly modded vehicles like a CAI and exhaust... the only thing that I have heard people doing after getting a CAI and exhaust/headers is adding fuel to the mixture because of the increased airflow... i haven't done it with mine though and it seems fine

·
Registered
574 Posts
14 DB kit with the flowmaster muffler Bob sells, sounds rediculously awesome. Bob will help you out with whatever you need too, great guy.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I'd get a Trinity if you're looking to hit the track or are the type to datalog everything...if this is your daily driver, get the Predator; its got plenty to change on your Charger's profile and is half the price, give or take a few dollars. I went the opposite way, I got the exhaust first and the Pred's next on my list unless I get a really good deal on some wheels. Since I'm no longer into racing, I'm not going to do too much with regard to performance other than a Pred, maybe a CAI if I see one I really like and the other stuff's just window dressing far as I'm concerned.

I went with the BB 10db kit and I'm loving it; loud enough to turn heads but not enough to wake the neighbors (unless you're feeling particularly a-holish and just want to rev it up a bit, then it'll wake some of'm no doubt) or the dead.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Personally, I don't care for the way most V6's sound although there are some car manufacturers that have done a nice job of giving their V6 a sophisticated/refined growl.

Having said that, I have Blastin Bob 6db, and it's a touch too much in the cabin at times.

My opinion on exhaust is "less is more".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts