Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys heres the lowdown

my charger currently has a ram-air hood with the matching intake and zoomers cat back exhaust on it. im going to have about 500-600 to spend at the end of the month and was wondering what the biggest bang for my buck would be for performance mod. thanks

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one thing i thought is they cant adjust the shift points is that true

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
this might help
Thought I would elaborate on the shifting with the Predator. I have a bone stock 2007 Charger R/T. No I don't have the R&T package. When I first put the 91 tune in and took her for a spin i got a slight chirp out of her off of the line, and nothing from 1-2. This was with a full tank of gas, the spare and jack in the back still, and some crap the wife left in the trunk. Needless to say I had some weight back there. I had raised the shifts points and done the firmness setting. Well I messed up on the tire settings, so the wife said fix it. After I reloaded everything and did not do the tire settings I tried her out again. This time I had less than a fourth of a tank and the crap in the back still. Off of the line she lost traction for about 50ft then took off. When the 1-2 shift hit at 5800 RPMs she barked hard and threw me back in my seat. 2-3 shift hit at 6000 and the car felt like a bullet. Im sure with less weight back there I would have to learn how to launch this thing again. Off the line response and is great, 1-2 shift is great, but once i hit third it is a whole different car. It feels like a great weight has been lifted off of her and she just wants to go fast, way fast.

Just to clarify, the shift points are set for you. Just select raise shift points either in the QA part or the modify tune section. You might also want to raise your rev limiter why you are at it. When I first changed mine I hit the rev limiter going from 2-3. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
From what I have read so far I would have to say go for the Predator. I am waiting on mine.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so if read that right the 91 and 93 tunes have their own modified shift points that are used when you load on that tune????

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
who has had the SC and now has the predator and can compare the 2 for me

·
Registered
928 Posts
+10-12 HP and many more options

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10-12 hp gain on a stock 5.7???? or is that with some mods?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts