Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're either at the end of the whole "Employee Discount For Everyone" trend, or smack dab in the middle of it; no one seems to know, and I can't get hardly much off MSRP on an R/T. Or an SXT, for that matter.

I can get a 1% under invoice price on all DCX cars because of who I work for, except on any Charger, the 300C, or the Liberty Diesel -- all of which I'm interested in. But I can (I think) get a Magnum R/T. I could get it today (pending credit and money issues, which is complicated because my wedding is two months out and I just bought a house).

I'm just so confused. I kinda like the Magnum, but the "station wagon" stigma is just in the back of my head.

How long do you think I have to wait before I can get a Charger R/T at my discounted price? And, to that end, would it be better to get a used R/T (when they are available). Which would come first, and would you buy a used one at all? Practicality is telling me to buy used, because cars depreciate so much. I mean, hell, my fiancee got her Grand Prix for $15,9 and it only had 3k miles on it. In Florida! (It's $24 MRSP)

Then there's the one or two guys here that say they'll sell R/Ts at invoice if you drive out to pick em up, because I figure maybe they got their dealerships out in the middle of nowhere so they need the nation-wide sales to drive numbers, or whatever.

What should I do? I definitely have to wait, say, six months because of the wedding and paying off debts, but is that long enough for used Chargers to be available or for new discounts to kick in?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd check with a few other dealers. I ran into the same issues getting the employee discount on my Charger, or even the supplier discount that I'm truly entitled to. It seems that on the Charger R/T (only R/T as it was explained to me), they will only give the employee price to true employees. I can usually get a string pulled by someone in DCX headquarters and get the "Employee Choice" program, which give employee price to a select few, but that didn't even fly on the R/T.
I did however have no issue getting the car at $500 over invoice and then applying the $500 rebate back to the car to get it out the door under MSRP.

·
Registered
266 Posts
hmmm, well I am not as experienced as some of these guys as far a sales go but my experiences has been this... I ordered a '97 Jeep wrangler in '96 while I was in Italy. I ended up paying about 500 more than invoice I guess cause of location so I thought it was a deal.
I just recently placed my Charger on order and only paid 100 more than invioce (I am pretty sure) so at 30K (before T/T/T) fully loaded R/T I will have to wait 6-8 weeks. Oct 1st will be the 8 week mark. So if you don't mind waiting IMO it is definatly worth it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you can drive to Cleveland, or are willing to pay for shipping (around $500, depending the location), then you need to call Andy 216-965-9586 or Jeff 216-469-1232, at Ganley Dodge West, Inc., in Cleveland, OH. I bought my R/T with R/T for below invoice and received the $500 rebate. Make the call! :santa:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I got mine for $1,000 under MSRP!

Look around, a deal will come up!

·
Registered
145 Posts
epoch - - where are you located? I got mine in the Atlanta Suburbs and paid invoice for the car... I'd be happy to pass along the info if you think it would help... if you are lookign to order one, you can purchase it from any dealer in the US and DCX will do a courtesy delivery to any dealer you want...

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you're in Florida check CarMax Dodge in Orlando. They sell all they're Chargers under invoice. You can go on their site and see all they're prices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went To A New Dodge Dealer In Delaware Last Night And Found A Dream. R/t Loaded. My Question After Agreeing On Number The Invoice Has Two Charges That Other Dealers Don't. Philadelphia Zone Ppa/eb-pf $210.
Philadelphia Zone Daa $270. I Still Have The Destnation Charge Of $675. Has Anyone Else Seen This Or Paid This. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
elcapitan87 said:
I did however have no issue getting the car at $500 over invoice and then applying the $500 rebate back to the car to get it out the door under MSRP.
Is the $500 rebate still available??? I went to a dealer in NW Atlanta yesterday and the saleman told me there was no rebate on 2006 Chargers? If still available, for how long? Is it available in all areas? Any info would be appreciated?

Dan

·
Registered
145 Posts
DelCharger.... each state or region has those charges... it's for programs and advertising.... those charges along with destination are legit and part of the invoice.... I remember livign in NJ, that peopel would go to the Poconos to buy a car there because they were cheaper... that is why... they do more advertising and ads cost more in the NJ/NY area than in the Poconos... the charges are legit...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the info. makes alot of sense. I was told that the rebate for $500. still applies til 9/8. I looked at R/T, electronic conv, sound group,rt perf. group, sunroof,sirrus,and navigation installed at the dealer with a mopar kit for $33,225.
any thoughts? this includes the rebate. They also were going to give $3500. for a chevy tahoe with 223,000 miles. This was 1000. more than any other dealer. final price $30,025.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Del, I can't figure out if it's a good deal or not.... tell them you wnat to pay invoice for the car because that is what the dealer down the street is offering you and they will locate the car you want for no additional cost. Once you negotiate the deal, say $100 over invoice or whatever, the $500 rebate then comes off of that total... negotiate invoice up, not list down...

I forget what I paid in dollars, but my RT has everything, Inferno Red except Sirius and rear DVD and pretection Package... I paid invoice, less the $500 rebate... tell them what you wnat and DO NOT BUDGE.... paying invoice for a car these days is not out of question.... even a few hundred bucks over invoice is fair... GO GET EM!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah I walked into a dealer down the street and they wanted to sell me one for Sticker I said no 150 over invoice they said no one is doing that I said bye went an hour away and bought one that day off the showroom floor for what I wanted minus the 500 rebate and think I made a hell of a good deal...just got to be strong and you will get a deal they will always want to sell a car specially around the end of the month...thats the best time I think to buy a car...they always have quotas to make...good luck :)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
DELCHARGER said:
Went To A New Dodge Dealer In Delaware Last Night And Found A Dream. R/t Loaded. My Question After Agreeing On Number The Invoice Has Two Charges That Other Dealers Don't. Philadelphia Zone Ppa/eb-pf $210.
Philadelphia Zone Daa $270. I Still Have The Destnation Charge Of $675. Has Anyone Else Seen This Or Paid This. Thanks
I do NOT believe this is legitimate. In fact, I walked out of a dealer because we negotiated a deal for a set amount off invoice, and when they wrote up the paperwork, invoice price was higher than I thought it should have been based on my research. They refused to show me the invoice, but showed me some other document that included similar regional advertising fees. I walked.

I went to another dealer nearby, and did the deal based on the RIGHT number for invoice. These fees were not part of the invoice, thus they just something the dealer added.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts