Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dynomax super turbos (part # 17662) and 4 inch tips. Hopefully to be installed tomorrow. Goodbye brylcreem rattle!! :grin: There are not to many sound clips on here of the super turbos so I will post sound clips as soon as I get them installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
ahh man ups meesed up and sent them to you instead of me:cry: Nice now go put emm on and let us know

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
I look foward to the clips; those look sick!

·
Registered
608 Posts
How much did that stuff run you are you replacing the resonators with the Dynomax's or are you putting that where your muffler use to be.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much did that stuff run you are you replacing the resonators with the Dynomax's or are you putting that where your muffler use to be.
The mufflers were $55 each and the tips were $35 each. They will go where the muffler was and I will be removing the resos.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I did the Brylcreem Mod monday (sorry I haven't made thread yet but I wanted to get a sound clip first). But its nowhere near as loud as I want it. Now I think my exhaust guy is a little backwards he thought he cutoff the the resonator but I think he cut off the muffler (the silver thing before you get to the two muffler looking things by the tail pipes) The two muffler looking things are the resonators if I'm right, Now I think Ill probably get 4 in tips But I wanted some tips that looked kind of sharp.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
that is correct phate. the suitcase, as most call it, is the bigass one about halfway between the front and back o your car. the resos arethe ones right at the back with tips welded on.

im gonna state this again: the only real purpose of the resos is that they were engineered to stop MDS drone. and muffle a lot of noise, but thats secondary.

that is why we have 2 sets of mufflers.

and for me the brylcreem isnt as loud as i want either, but its a huge and very cheap improvement overthe stock sound. so im very pleased 4500 miles later. soon enough ill be getting headers and the rest anyway :)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
When I still had my v6 charger I had dynomax and it sounded pretty good, but not loud enough. But still sounds good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts