Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came in the mail yesterday. Getting it installed next Friday.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never realized how much one of these things weigh. I've seen many pictures of them but never held one. It weighs a ton. I pick up and I am thinking wow, this is really heavy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What are the specs on the cam?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have had one of those cams for a while. Very tempting to just install it. Going to pull the trigger on the street heads, ferrea valves, raised compression soon. Then I will be installing it either this fall before I put her up for winter storage or spring when I take her out of winter storage. I am going to buy a Snapon torque wrench to add to my collection of tools. It cost more than the cam but out performs my other torque wrenchs I own.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...group_ID=19918&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
There is very little lope with that cam if any,but it will retain MDS and get you 40hp to the wheels all by itself.Make sure you change the valvesprings when you install it.The stock 5.7 springs are too light at higher rpm.16 6.1 exhaust springs will solve that and they are very inexpensive to boot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice....

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is very little lope with that cam if any,but it will retain MDS and get you 40hp to the wheels all by itself.Make sure you change the valvesprings when you install it.The stock 5.7 springs are too light at higher rpm.16 6.1 exhaust springs will solve that and they are very inexpensive to boot.
I bought the valve springs and install kit with it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
im waiting to here how your install goes....the place your installing is about 5 mins from my house

if it goes good and for theat price i will be following soon after.:grin:

·
Registered
223 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.