1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
51500 for an SRT..a wee bit high IMO.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I'd never pay any mark-up. Its rediculous. The dealer makes enough money off of them at MSRP. :confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
This practice is just pure sickness-with the auto industry hurting so bad they should just sell the d**n thing at it's regular price. It is like the dealers are trying to regain their losses on a few marque cars. The Ford guys are doing it with the GT, Mustang Shelbys, and GM has started with the new ZO6 Vettes.
They might get the few guys who can pay the premium but the vast majoirty of us blue collar guys will not pay extra for their profits. As we all know it's the average joe that keeps these car companies afloat, not some rich d**k just adding another toy to his collection! Forunately I got my 07 SRT8 at a great price including supplier discount, 3,500.00 factory rebate, and 250.00 dealer check. I couldn't beat that price with a stick. BTW I dont shop at dealers who mark up and a good way for all of us to break the chain of stupidity is to all not do business with mark up dealers!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
WHy pay MSRP. Call Don Conrad at Champion Jeep in Barrington, Il, and buy one for $500 under invoice! Yes, INVOICE, not MSRP. HE will also deliver or have it drop shipped

I was just using MSRP as a quick example. I have never paid MSRP for any car. I wouldn't either. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
So he loses money with every sale? :smoke: Invoice is the price the dealer pays, no?
The dealer pays invoice but Dodge gives them money for "storing" the car. If they can sell the car quickly it won't cost anything to store it so they can make money selling at invoice.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I paid 38.2 for mine with options...go directly to the fleet manager. Deal with him, they have more play with the numbers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
my wife payed 42,000 which included a extended warrenty up to 75,000

includes towing for flat tires and loaned car even during oil changes

Warnock Dodge (NJ) has a PC SRT-8 in there showroom, they want 45k fully loaded.

However this car was damaged during delivery, so someone should talk them down if interested.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So he loses money with every sale? :smoke: Invoice is the price the dealer pays, no?
No. Invoice is not the price the dealer pays for the car. It's the price they want you think they paid, but it's usually a good chunk under that depending on factory kickbacks, incentives, holdback, etc...

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you think a $7500 mark up is bad wait until you see what the mark ups are going to be on the first Challengers that roll off the assembly line....
Yea that's gonna be a crazy mark up. Just like the dealer down here marked up his first tuck load of Chargers in the $10,000+ area they where only R/Ts and people actually bought everyone!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Holdback

SRT-8's have a $1200 holdback from Chrysler, (I believe it is actually $1218 if memory serves me correctly. If he sells it for $500.00 under invoice, the dealer is still making $718.00. If you turn the car over quickly and don't have anything into it...that's fine. If the dealer has additional money into it...that's another story.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No. Invoice is not the price the dealer pays for the car. It's the price they want you think they paid, but it's usually a good chunk under that depending on factory kickbacks, incentives, holdback, etc...
X2...should looked further before I posted my reply...you are correct. Holdback for the 2007 Dodge Charger Super Bee was $1218 (+/- I believe if memory serves me correctly)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.