Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello installed my hammer intake a few days ago I'm liking it but noticed it gets pretty hot and I was thinking of making a heat shield for it has anyone done it? And is it worth taking the intake silencer off

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
are you monitoring IAT's or popping the hood after driving and putting your hand on it??? i am curious as to how you are determining that is "hot".

as for a heat shield, i have found that unless you can 100% seal it, the "shields" do not accomplish anything. to date, i have never seen anyone try and build one..... at least to my knowledge. you would be surprised how much air is getting into the filter area when the car is moving. to see what i am talking about, monitor your IAT temps if you have the ability to. you will see them climb when you are sitting still (common with any intake), but they drop quickly as you get to cruising speed.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I'm guessing he means the intake tube itself is hot to the touch, no matter what intake you have the tubing will be very hot after running the car...but here's the good part, your intake uses carbon fiber tubing so it stays much cooler than the vast majority of all the other intakes out there, it cuts down on heat soak big time. The man that commented above me designed and created the intake you're using. If you have any questions, I'd say he's the guy to ask.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing he means the intake tube itself is hot to the touch, no matter what intake you have the tubing will be very hot after running the car...but here's the good part, your intake uses carbon fiber tubing so it stays much cooler than the vast majority of all the other intakes out there, it cuts down on heat soak big time. The man that commented above me designed and created the intake you're using. If you have any questions, I'd say he's the guy to ask.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Ya I know who he is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts