Charger Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Never on anything but my truck but I could see doing on the car. Obviously you've got to roll to where it's in the right spot then lay down to get some leverage. A good quality plugger with a handle is mandatory, can't see doing it with a cheap screwdriver type.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
884 Posts
Never on anything but my truck but I could see doing on the car. Obviously you've got to roll to where it's in the right spot then lay down to get some leverage. A good quality plugger with a handle is mandatory, can't see doing it with a cheap screwdriver type.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That kit looks to have a pretty good handle on it.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Most likely would need to use the emergency inflator to try and air it up to plug it. Because if its totally flat it makes the access even more difficult.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Whatever you do, don't put fix-a-flat or that crap that comes with the mini compressor in the cars with no spares!

Not only will you have to replace your TPMS sensor but most tire places won't repair (even if the puncture is repairable) if that mess is in the tire.

I can't tell you how many sensors I've replaced on customer care and how many times I've been cussed out because I couldn't repair a nail hole over it.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
884 Posts
After re reading the original Thread I feel Like I need a bay window with a window seat , watch the snow or rain and re think my life.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When I bought my 2019 about a year ago one of the first things I asked was about the spare..... didn't have one. just the pump and fix a flat. told them I wouldn't buy the car unless I had the space saver, they gave me the space saver kit but had to order it. took awhile for it to come in. About two months ago got a flat in town.. It's funny I told the salesman I wanted a spare instead of the pump and fix a flat he said I had the cell phone and the SOS button on the mirror I said I wasn't going to wait 1-2 hours for someone to come change my tire.

·
Registered
500 Posts
When I bought my 2019 about a year ago one of the first things I asked was about the spare..... didn't have one. just the pump and fix a flat. told them I wouldn't buy the car unless I had the space saver, they gave me the space saver kit but had to order it. took awhile for it to come in. About two months ago got a flat in town.. It's funny I told the salesman I wanted a spare instead of the pump and fix a flat he said I had the cell phone and the SOS button on the mirror I said I wasn't going to wait 1-2 hours for someone to come change my tire.
I saw that button on my mirror, but was under the assumption that one had to subscribe to, and pay for that "service". (Kinda like "OnStar")
Does anyone know for sure, and has anyone here actually used that button?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
One way to find out is 👆 it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
One way to find out is 👆 it.
I thought about it but chickened out because I didn't want a surprise bill showing up in my mailbox.

Besides, I couldn't think of any "emergency" I could tell them I was having... besides being out of tater chips

·
Registered
136 Posts
In 33 years of driving, over countless cars and motorcycles, I have never needed a spare tire.
Then I bought a car without a spare. You can probably figure out the rest.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I thought about it but chickened out because I didn't want a surprise bill showing up in my mailbox.

Besides, I couldn't think of any "emergency" I could tell them I was having... besides being out of tater chips
Smart move. I heard pushing it in a non emergency deploys the air bags and retracts the seat belts causing an extreme headache, a bloody nose, and chest discomfort to where you really do have an emergency. And it emobilizes the car by permanently activating the brake line lock.

Still, it might be worth testing it. 😄

·
Registered
907 Posts
Is there more than one size of factory mini-spares depending on which tires are on the car? Any idea how their diameter compares to something like a Modern Spare?

·
Registered
17 Posts
In 33 years of driving, over countless cars and motorcycles, I have never needed a spare tire.
Then I bought a car without a spare. You can probably figure out the rest.
View attachment 297109
That's exactly why I bought a spare from Modern Spare as one of my first purchases for this car. I don't want some tow truck driver dinging up my front bumper with a chain to get it up on the flatbed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've had vehicles that the space was never used, and ones where it seemed like it was always a need. I've had nails, and damage from potholes where no slime would fix it. I also keep a plug kit along with the modern spare and the pump. I've called roadside and was back on the road several hours later. Would much better take 30 mins and just put the spare on. If never needed, I wasted $. If ever used, I saved time. I'm also not at the mercy of where roadside or any other towing service takes me. I just take it as extra insurance.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts