Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had some coated Kooks attached to my Corsa Xtreme, with a tune to smooth everything out and churn out some more power.

The car is noticeably louder now, and for the first couple days I though "OMFG what have I done?!" At cruise and idle, she sounds mostly like the Corsa, very tame and civil, but once you get her above 2000 rpm she starts to make noise. It gets louder and louder, with a brrrrrrrr (roll your r's with your tongue noise) up til over 4k rpm, then a much amplified Corsa scream til redline, if TC doesn't cut you off for breaking your tires loose. You can hear it echo off of everything around you, and any pedestrians will stop and stare if you get on it that hard. It startled me the first few times, and made me more conscious of where I romp on her, because now it's a freakin' spectacle.

The long pipes also seem to amplify the hemi tick and any valve train noise. I was worried that it was an exhaust leak, but I can't find one. Just not used to having a loud front end I guess.

She's a bit louder on startup, and revving it to the 4k limit is freakin loud, whereas the Corsa alone would just begin to wake up at that point.

I haven't gotten a chance to run her and check any improvements in time, but it feels like she pulls harder getting up to speed in traffic. Part of that may be the sound bouncing off of cars though. Her worst run right after tuning was 427 hp and 434tq, versus a baseline of 400 and 418, but without all the heatsoak she could've pulled a fair bit harder.

In a nutshell, get yourself a set of headers. They really are awesome

·
Registered
365 Posts
Got American Racing LT Headers on my '13 SRT8 coupled with Zoomers exhaust. I can't drive down the street without setting off an alarm or two... Yea I love them too lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
That LT header tick takes some getting used to...gets even more klackety if you have a gnarly cam..LS motors are real bad for it too

It's funny because I only noticed the tick a few weeks ago, my girlfriend said she noticed that as soon as I put them on lol I don't have the best hearing though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts