Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My key is getting really weak and sometimes doesnt even unlock the doors from two feet and i want to know how to take it apart to change the battery i found this thread
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81685
but thats not the style of key i have i have the

So is there a thread or video on how to change them. By the way recently my car was not flashing the rear lights when i unlocked it does that have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Since I can't see the back of your key, I don't know if you have the same kind as me. On mine, on the back, the plastic part that has the 'dodge' text on it is a panel, you can see a little rectangular indent on it (towards the business end of the key), you can insert a small flathead screwdriver or something similar in here and pry it open, then just take out the battery and replace it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I can't see the back of your key, I don't know if you have the same kind as me. On mine, on the back, the plastic part that has the 'dodge' text on it is a panel, you can see a little rectangular indent on it (towards the business end of the key), you can insert a small flathead screwdriver or something similar in here and pry it open, then just take out the battery and replace it.
thanks but i ended up figuring it out and made a write up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts