Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
from what i hear its supercharged alright, and has a manual gearbox

·
Registered
473 Posts
The Mopar sponsored one in this video is SC'd with a manual tranny. But his personal one sounds almost exactly the same. It's SC'D with a auto stick. SRT-8 by the way. Good stuff.

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
that does sounds really great, but THIS is how I think every charger should sound like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqByFq0OcdA
I like the Drift car but I like the '68 sound better! I was leaving a car show a few weeks ago, slowly idling across the grass show ground. Some classic car guy said from his folding chair, "Hey, is that thing even running?"

I would love it to have a loud, off-beat chug, as if it's hardly running, and the slightest blip of the throttle would scare children away. :grin:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I like the Drift car but I like the '68 sound better! I was leaving a car show a few weeks ago, slowly idling across the grass show ground. Some classic car guy said from his folding chair, "Hey, is that thing even running?"

I would love it to have a loud, off-beat chug, as if it's hardly running, and the slightest blip of the throttle would scare children away. :grin:
some ppl think it sounds like it's about to sputter out, the REAL car guys know that is the sound of happiness :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We all know that Old is Gold...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Those all sound sweet. I used to have a 69 Olds Cutlas with a 455cid. That thing had more torqe that a dump truck. I cut off the exhaust one time. The drive to the muffler shop was a moment i will remember for a long time. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of events in my life that are more important but there is nothing quiet like going WOT with nothing but headders.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
some ppl think it sounds like it's about to sputter out, the REAL car guys know that is the sound of happiness :)
Now mix with that sound the smell of a rich running engine... You know what I mean.... Mmmmmmmm so sweet... I think I have a tear in my eye....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts