1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
629 Posts
that came out awesome :). my dad used the liquid glass on his muscle cars "back in the day" and has been telling me to use it on the charger, but i spent the money on zaino so im using that up right now :). that car might cause someone to get into an accident bc its so shiny

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that came out awesome :). my dad used the liquid glass on his muscle cars "back in the day" and has been telling me to use it on the charger, but i spent the money on zaino so im using that up right now :). that car might cause someone to get into an accident bc its so shiny
Thanks, the shine is crazy and it does really deepen the color! Down side is the removal process....Mineral spirits and steel wool. I was so leary of trying this stuff after reading the removal process and all the warnings the put on it, but once I got going I was thrilled. Currently this is only three coats I will try a couple more for added protection.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Have used Liquid Glass for years. Have tried numerous other waxes and keep coming back to Liquid Glass. In the early days they provided a small yellow booklet with the product on how to apply and remove it. They made a statement that with seven (7) coats of glass on the car you could lay a lighted cigarette on your car and it would not burn through. I like the product but did not have the guts to try it. The more you use the smoother the finish feels.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will go for seven coats, cant hurt

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks, the shine is crazy and it does really deepen the color! Down side is the removal process....Mineral spirits and steel wool. I was so leary of trying this stuff after reading the removal process and all the warnings the put on it, but once I got going I was thrilled. Currently this is only three coats I will try a couple more for added protection.
Man, that's some shine! I use Meguiars too. Might have to give this a try. Just wondering though, on the Liquidglass web site it says for repainting, you use varsol or mineral spirits and steel wool, not just to remove it. Right?? Removal for another wax, you just use the prewash/cleaner?? This would really make the wife's Midnight Blue look sweet. Not sure about my Silver.

Looking good there PlumCrazy!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts