Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2009 charger srt.On the list off components it says limited slip rear end.Did it just start on the 09 models.I tried to look it up on the internet with no luck.Does anybody know ,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I just purchased a 2009 charger srt.On the list off components it says limited slip rear end.Did it just start on the 09 models.I tried to look it up on the internet with no luck.Does anybody know ,,,,,,
Yes, new for '09. I bought one for my '07. The '09 SRTs also have stronger halfshafts. Lucky you!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it the getrag 226 lsd.,sweet. I wonder if it will improve the launch .Can't hurt for sure.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Is it the getrag 226 lsd.,sweet. I wonder if it will improve the launch .Can't hurt for sure.
Well, I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but I hope you can launch better than I. I've had nothing but troubles trying to get the car moving. Give it a shot, and report back, I'm eager to hear your experience.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but I hope you can launch better than I. I've had nothing but troubles trying to get the car moving. Give it a shot, and report back, I'm eager to hear your experience.
What are your 0 to 60 times.I'm in edmonton so same conditions and elevation.I got a 5.68 with 550 km ,26c outside stock no predator no 180 thermo.Loaded the torque to 1500,no wheelspin?????I will put more km on then load the 91 tune and get a 180 stat..

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It is the Getrag 226. You'll do better than a 5.68 in the right conditions. When stock with open diff I got a 4.44 in very cold weather with no wheel spin (I'm near sea level).

With heads and cam, LSD, etc. I've gotten 4.22 on a warm day. From what I understand the LSD is most handy when accelerating out of corners and in my experience it is nice because you uniformly heat both tires in a burnout at the drag strip.

I like the black headlight covers. Car looks bad ass!!:rocker:

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
What are your 0 to 60 times.I'm in edmonton so same conditions and elevation.I got a 5.68 with 550 km ,26c outside stock no predator no 180 thermo.Loaded the torque to 1500,no wheelspin?????I will put more km on then load the 91 tune and get a 180 stat..
Consider when you are ready the QuantumBlue 12.5w40 High Performance Competition Formula. Also the ACES IV Gasoline Formula Fuel Catalyst.

Both will protect the inside of the engine and give you better throttle response, quiet the ticking and give you more power and fuel economy. They are great companions to the Predator as far as performance.:driving:

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:bigthumb:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
No clue what fuel addatives have to do with LSD....

But, yes the LSD will give you the greatest advantage accelerating out of corners. The best way to feel to work is to exit a parking lot or road and turn left on a road with 4 lanes (2 each way). If you did this accelerating brisky in a non-LSD car you would light up the one tire and have traction control kick in, and this was *SUPER* annoying to me. Thats why I bought a Quaife, and it cured it 100%.

I doubt that LSD will help your 0-60 times, other than runs on gravel roads. The stronger rear end might help in the long run though!

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts

But, yes the LSD will give you the greatest advantage accelerating out of corners. The best way to feel to work is to exit a parking lot or road and turn left on a road with 4 lanes (2 each way). If you did this accelerating brisky in a non-LSD car you would light up the one tire and have traction control kick in, and this was *SUPER* annoying to me. Thats why I bought a Quaife, and it cured it 100%.

I doubt that LSD will help your 0-60 times, other than runs on gravel roads. The stronger rear end might help in the long run though!
Grimlock,

You misunderstood about my post. I was talking about the CAI and the 91 tune using the ACES IV and the QB oils for power in the engine with that tune.

However, my next statement was going to be that the limited slip differential is valuable because....as you stated.....it will help in places where one wheel would start to spin in an open differential and help push the car through a curve or a slippery spot. If the car is launched correctly without any wheel spin there is no difference between the LSD and the open. However easier to spin the open off the line.

Brian
BND Automotive LLC:bigthumb:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
449 Posts
So these cars used to have a brake-lock diff?

I thought the SRT engineers were all about the BLD's, saying they were better than an LSD (at least that was what they said about the Caliber)

Are 2009 SuperBees included in this 'lucky' bunch of cars with LSD's and tougher half shafts?

How can you confirm if you have this stuff or not?

·
Registered
990 Posts

I thought the SRT engineers were all about the BLD's, saying they were better than an LSD (at least that was what they said about the Caliber)

Are 2009 SuperBees included in this 'lucky' bunch of cars with LSD's and tougher half shafts?

We have limited slip diff's and beefier half shafts on the 09's

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts

did you install your LSD or have a shop do it?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Elevation is actually quite different (2200 vs. 3400), especially considering DA. Last Friday at the track DA was close to 5500 ft. I haven't done any 0-60 times (maybe I'll try some tomorrow), but my 1/4 (EVIC) times are about as poor as my times at the track, along with my trap speeds being 5-7 mph slow.

If you have ESP on, you won't get much wheelspin. Maybe a chirp, but very little spin as the system pulls timing (amongst other things) to protect you from yourself.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
did you install your LSD or have a shop do it?
I had a shop do it. This is NOT a do it yourself job. It takes special tools and experience to get it right. I drover 2.5 hours to go to a shop that had done it before in a SRT8.

The good news is the Quaife has a lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I had a shop do it. This is NOT a do it yourself job. It takes special tools and experience to get it right. I drover 2.5 hours to go to a shop that had done it before in a SRT8.

The good news is the Quaife has a lifetime warranty.
thanks for the info...:beerchug:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts

Yes, they used to. They said it was better probably because.....it was cheaper.

SuperBees are just appearance packages, otherwise mechanically identical to the same model year car.

The LSD IS helpful in a straightline if you have uneven surface or compromised traction on one side vs. the other. Sometimes at the dragstrip that can be handy.

The SRT Engineers DID say it could slow you down a little overall as the torque keeps transferring back and forth between the wheels, FWIW.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Consider when you are ready the QuantumBlue 12.5w40 High Performance Competition Formula. Also the ACES IV Gasoline Formula Fuel Catalyst.

Both will protect the inside of the engine and give you better throttle response, quiet the ticking and give you more power and fuel economy. They are great companions to the Predator as far as performance.:driving:
Is there a thread on this forum that does not get hijacked by a sales pitch???

·
Registered
6,061 Posts

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

BINGO!

It doesn't help much in a straight line but pulling out of parking lot or 90 degree turn it is God send for sure.

These cars suck at those conditions.

ESP - power of a Ford Pinto

ESP off - end of a tire and still no forward movement!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts