Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for anyone who intends to buy the blue limited edition dodge charger #522 at Tomball Ford in TEXAS, the paint was damaged by the dealership after delivery and the car spent a month in the body shop.
They offered me a year of oil changes and tire rotation as compensation and actually tried to charge me more money than originally quoted. The rebate went from $5000 to $3500. There is no record of this since they did not report the damage so whoever buys this car will have a car that was damaged. I was told by the dealership that this sort of thing happens to cars on the lot all of the time and I shouldn't care now that it was fixed.

BUYER BEWARE!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
DodgeCares or DodgeCACares can you chime in?

Sent from my KFTT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
....I was told by the dealership that this sort of thing happens to cars on the lot all of the time and I shouldn't care now that it was fixed.....
It does happen quite frequently, and it is not uncommon for minor scrapes, dings, etc to occur during transport, (whether while on the train or the auto transport). That alone wouldn't bother me. What is curious is that it had enough damage to be in their shop for a month. What exactly happened to it?

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
It usually happens in transport.

My car has had some work done on the front fender. Most people would never notice.

No big deal, it isn't just Dodge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This did not happen in transport. It got to the dealership in mint condition.
They decided to display my limited edition car in front of the dealership all day before I could get there and it was scratched by someone. The reason it took a month was because it is a custom paint on the blue limited edition cars and it is a combination of 3 colors and can't be painted by the local body shop.
They ended up sending it out to a specialty shop and the complete rear panel had to be repainted. Then to add insult to injury, they tried to charge me $1500 dollars more.

I think that if a vehicle is represented as brand new and the paint has been touched up, it needs to be disclosed. That is shady business in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.