Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so ...I am ordering a custom charger...
22" chrome pistola rims, mesh grill, wood grain, etc...
my original car color choice was vanilla. the car looked amazing from pictures i saw. sadly, a few days later i was informed they couldnt locate a vanilla one for me (due to halt in manufacturing of that color).

so my question for everyone was...if i DIDNT want to get a dark color, and with the chrome/mesh wheels/grill...what would be a nice looking color?
would stone white look good? i havent seen this personally?

everytime i see pictures of a white one, its always so vague. some people have creamy colored ones and call it white. i saw one that was pure white like paper, that was called white too. what the hell is the correct white? and what is the official name from dodge for this color?

but anyway, back to the original question...im lookin for suggestions for a light color that would look real nice. (preferably as close to vanilla as possible, but not necessary).

thanks for your guys' input.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got real lucky and my dealership had a Vanilla R/T with all the stuff I wanted, its a great color. Its really great when you see it parked next to a Stone White (I think thats the official name), the color is just so much deeper. Having said that, I would not in any way take the Stone White version, anything but that.

The Steel Silver looks ok I guess, but the Magnesium is a more interesting color IMHO. They dont really make a light color other than the White, but I would try and see what they look like next to each other before you buy one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only other "light" color is the bright silver metallic (which happens to be the color of my ride :cool: ). Works well with chrome wheels, black grills, dark grey smoke tint windows.....if I had to choose over again I would be torn between bright silver and the silver steel but, then again, bright silver got my Charger delivered Memorial Day weekend :santa:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think chrome and black or red look sweet.

Personally, i would never buy the vanilla. I'm more of a dark color guy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wanted the cool vanilla until I saw the stone white. The white shows off the body lines more. Until I saw the charger in white I didn't notice the
the line and curves of the rocker panel. You can see the difference in the
charger book from dodge. The color white in the book is not the color
of the car, so beware. Nor is it the same when you build it at dodge.
To see the color go to the dodge site-charger details-color choices(on the left side menu) and chose white. The car pops up and is the right color.

I ended up getting a white rt. I'd love to get some red rt badges to put under the hemi badges and red line tires on some older crager style wheels.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really wanted black...but I knew I would have to wash it everyday,so I went with Bright Silver. I only have to wash it every other day :)...but It looks really great in silver.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Black Pearl is really the meanest looking color and toughest looking. It's really
not that hard to keep clean since it has so much pearl in it. I can tell you it looks
awesome with some dark tint and 22's. The white colors are nice looking but not
at all a muscle car color. Really if you're looking for an elegant kind of look then
go with white. And cool vanilla is really played out already on the 300's.
Just an opinion.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Have you tried configuring your setup on the Dodge web site and then searching dealer inventory close to you? That's how I found mine. You might not find it, but it'd be worth a shot to get the color you really want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the vanilla.....Love it. It's easy to keep Clean and shows the lines well.I was looking at a Black one at first untill I saw the White. But of course to each his own !

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea...i was gonna get black with black 22's but then my friend got that...so thatd be sort of odd since i live a block away...so i want to get something light. i fell in love with the vanilla. i only saw one "white" at the lot from a distance...it was like pure "paper" white. so im assuming thats what stone white is. the one on the dodge site under charger details, that says stone white but still has a yellowish hue to it. so im gonna rely on my eyesight and assume that the pure white is in fact stone white.

ive been gettin mixed reviews as far as vanilla vs. white. with chrome 22's and a mesh grill, ive been told that stone white would be amazing- paired with the comment of the person above who said the lines are much more defined. so im thinkin stone white i guess.

does anyone have any PERSONAL pictures of the stone white? with or without rims, doesnt matter...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, i was going for a bit of an elegant look.
im getting wood grain on the dash/door trim. so im trying to compliment that with an elegant external color.

some may say the rims ruin the elegance, but i think they could work. flashy but classy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts