Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP My lifters are noisey in my 2007 Charger Hemi. I was thinking about going to the Mobil Synthetic oil. I heard to add Reslone, but adding stuff to a new car scares me.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
HELP My lifters are noisey in my 2007 Charger Hemi. I was thinking about going to the Mobil Synthetic oil. I heard to add Reslone, but adding stuff to a new car scares me.
Go up to the search tab and type, "Hemi Tick."

Goodluck! and welcome!

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Yeah, lots of people have some lifter noise in their Hemi. Mine is pretty quiet, though. Unless it's REALLY loud, don't worry too much about it! And don't go adding carp into your oil! It may gum up the workings of the MDS solenoids, which require 5W20 oil to work properly.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Definitely don't add any additives to the oil. Upgrading to synthetic will lessen the noise on startup since it will pump up to the valvetrain more quickly.

Best,

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
it's not the lifter's you hear/its the fuel injectors clicking. in the morning when they are at full duty cycle you will hear them more and the hemi motor cover amp's the sound.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
it's not the lifter's you hear/its the fuel injectors clicking. in the morning when they are at full duty cycle you will hear them more and the hemi motor cover amp's the sound.
The injectors definitely make noise, but I also noticed a bit of lifter noise on cold starts before I switched to synthetic.

Best,

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the noisey lifters sound advice. How about driving in snow/ice? I haven't had a rear wheel drive car for about 25 years and I'm a little nervous about icey conditions and my 2007 Charger w/Hemi. I live in Colorado and winter is coming. I do like that I can downshift which really helps avoiding the use of brakes on ice.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Thanks for the noisey lifters sound advice. How about driving in snow/ice? I haven't had a rear wheel drive car for about 25 years and I'm a little nervous about icey conditions and my 2007 Charger w/Hemi. I live in Colorado and winter is coming. I do like that I can downshift which really helps avoiding the use of brakes on ice.
Laurie, I live in MI and have gotten by for two winters on my stock Michelins. But we don't get much snow here. If I lived in CO, I'd invest in Bridgestone Blizzaks, which many find to be an excellent snow tire available in our size.

Don't forget, we have ABS, and Stability Control, and Traction Control, which all help in slippery conditions. But they don't count as much as caution, and thinking ahead... :nervous s

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice. I think once I get a couple snowy days under my belt I'll be OK. Those Bridgestone tires sound good though.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I think once I get a couple snowy days under my belt I'll be OK. Those Bridgestone tires sound good though.
:)

Some like Pirelli Scorpions, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts