Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if i should get it they are chargin me $2000 for it after 36,000 miles on it soposed to cover everything like radio,power window ect.......... did u guys get it and have anyone one had problem wth the chargers after 36,000 miles

p.s. is the lowjak worth $1,500 does it really work anyone has them thnx.........

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Is This a Bumper to Bumper for $2000?

Is this a bumper to bumper for $2000 or is it just the power train?

was wondering if i should get it they are chargin me $2000 for it after 36,000 miles on it soposed to cover everything like radio,power window ect.......... did u guys get it and have anyone one had problem wth the chargers after 36,000 miles

p.s. is the lowjak worth $1,500 does it really work anyone has them thnx.........

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lifetime refers to as long as you own the car. You have to be honest with your self and determine how long will that be? 5 yrs, 10 yrs, or more.
I almost never take extended warranties, I feel that they are a great way for these companies to make lots of money. They are betting you will never need to use nearly what you have paid for it.
In my opinion if you took that 2k and put it in a savings acct. in ten years you would still have a good chunk of it left.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Unless you keep your car until the wheels fall off, I wouldn't get it. Then again, I only keep my car for a few years myself and I ALWAYS get'em. It's a great way to get a new engine and tranny every few years. Good times. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD times.

·
Registered
131 Posts
IMHO, if you are going to keep the car 5+ years then it is probably worth it. Might never need it, but it could more than pay for its self depending on how the cards fall.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The marketing study on new car purchases say that most people on keep their cars 2-3 years and then get rid of it. If you are planning to keep it for a long time I would buy the warranty. I don't get rid of cars so the warranty was a deal for me. I was not so worried about the mechanicals as I can fix those, but the electronics scare the hell out of me.

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts