Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Charger RT on 7/31/2007, so I got the lifetime warranty on the engine and transmission. The dealer told me that as long as the dealer does the oil changes and I keep the receipts, it will remain under warranty. if i were to do the oil changes myself, the warranty is voided. Has anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I purchased my Charger RT on 7/31/2007, so I got the lifetime warranty on the engine and transmission. The dealer told me that as long as the dealer does the oil changes and I keep the receipts, it will remain under warranty. if i were to do the oil changes myself, the warranty is voided. Has anyone else run into this?

THAT's BULL****! Theres some Warren act or something like that.. that prevents dealers from gouging you like this. You should however save your receipts proving that you've only put in the proper oil and filters as stated in your owners manual.
They offered that lifetime deal to us early buyers for $750...with a $100 deductible...which means the broken down part must cost at least $850 to get any thing back on this...and it doesnt cover labor, as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
You should only have to take the car in every 5 years on/around your anniversary date to have them check it out. That was the only stipulation I got.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was told that no maintenance had to be done explicitly at a Dodge dealer, though it was suggested to keep any and all receipts for PM work. I also recall reading the about 5 year check-up...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts