Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I called my dealer today and they told me that I have till the end of the month to extend the Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on my 2007 Charger R/T for $750 with a $100 deductible. Do you guys thing this is worth it? This is assuming I keep the car until the body falls off (IE run it into the ground). Did any of you extend the warranty on your 2006/2007s?

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Hey guys,
I called my dealer today and they told me that I have till the end of the month to extend the Chrysler Lifetime Warranty on my 2007 Charger R/T for $750 with a $100 deductible. Do you guys thing this is worth it? This is assuming I keep the car until the body falls off (IE run it into the ground). Did any of you extend the warranty on your 2006/2007s?
Yes - if you are going to keep the vehicle for years and years.

Yes - if you have a sudden and catastrophic failure of a major engine/gearbox component (crank, con-rod, input shaft, torque converter etc)

Mebbe - any other failure of a system that could be considered 'premature' (such as electrical wiring, chassis mounting points, caliper leaks etc)

No - Any system that fails in service and can be considered to be worn out (any and all friction components (brakes and gearbox), shocks, wheel-bearings (unless stated as being covered in the warranty doc), suspension bushing, sub-frame bushing, engine mounts, wipers, all bulbs etc etc).

It really depends on what is listed in the 'General Exclusions' part of the warranty document. You should NEVER agree to a warranty until you have got it in your hands and have read it thoroughly - to make sure that in reality, you are only putting an actual life-time warranty on 20% of the car. If you have the money laying around and won't miss it - then it could be worth it for the peace of mind.

You need to know EXACTLY what it is you are buying before you can decide. I would ask the dealer to let you have a copy of the warranty document and have a good read. Mark areas where you are unsure and get the dealer to check. If necessary (and you are not convinced) it might be beneficial to get the dealer to put in writing, the answers to your concerns.

HTH's

Arf

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
And if you're Really gonna keep it forever, search 'lifetime warranty' and ' wraparound' for more info. A lifetime bumper-to-bumper is also available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts