Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original purchaser or retail lessee of a 2006 or 2007 Charger, with the exception of the SRT vehicles, purchased before 26 July can buy a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty for $900, which is a 50% discount good until 30 Sep.

Also, DC is offering, at least at my dealership, a Lifetime Maximum Care Bumper to Bumper Service contract, also known as the Wraparound, for $5100 for a Zero deductable policy. $50 and $100 deductable policies are less.

I have sent 2 e-mails to DC for verification on the latter, 3 days-no answer.

Anyone have any info to share?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I got my max care Chrysler warrenty for 1500 bucks. :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My dealer told me $750 to add the lifetime. Also since I already had the
6yr/72,000 maxi care it was hardly worth it for me since I've already paid
for 3 additional years. The lifetime warranty is not transferable but my maxi
care is.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
So has anyone actually bought the lifetime. Question I have is if your tranny has problems at 200K, is that a warranty issue, or normal wear and tear

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
So has anyone actually bought the lifetime. Question I have is if your tranny has problems at 200K, is that a warranty issue, or normal wear and tear
Depends on the mode of failure. If your friction bands, or clutches have just plain worn out - then no - it's not a warranty issue IMHO. However, should the gearbox casing crack (non-impact damage) or the main input shaft shear, then that could be a warranty claim. However, you will be told that they will strip the box out and pull it apart, but if they find that the gearbox failure could be attributed to fair wear and tear, you would then be footing the bill for all the work, as it would then become non-warranty.

Now - unless the warranty states that wear and tear is covered - it won't be.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Depends on the mode of failure. If your friction bands, or clutches have just plain worn out - then no - it's not a warranty issue IMHO. However, should the gearbox casing crack (non-impact damage) or the main input shaft shear, then that could be a warranty claim. However, you will be told that they will strip the box out and pull it apart, but if they find that the gearbox failure could be attributed to fair wear and tear, you would then be footing the bill for all the work, as it would then become non-warranty.

Now - unless the warranty states that wear and tear is covered - it won't be.

I actually talked to the Service Contract Customer Service Center this morning. They stated that the parts in the drivetrain are not considered to have normal wear and tear, except for the primary moving components, i.e. clutchs, friction bands, etc. The case being is that the dealership will be doing the inspection to see if it is a warranty issue. They will perform the inspection and factor in age of the vehicle with the issue. So, if you come in for a repair service on an 06 charger in 2026, they might look at you as if you were crazy, if you said it was a factory defect that caused it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I actually talked to the Service Contract Customer Service Center this morning. They stated that the parts in the drivetrain are not considered to have normal wear and tear, except for the primary moving components, i.e. clutchs, friction bands, etc. The case being is that the dealership will be doing the inspection to see if it is a warranty issue. They will perform the inspection and factor in age of the vehicle with the issue. So, if you come in for a repair service on an 06 charger in 2026, they might look at you as if you were crazy.
So, if I get this warrenty, and say after 250,000 miles the oil pressure is so low that it causes an engine failure. Now if the tech at Chrysler states that the rings and berrings were worn out causing the low pressure, is it covered?????

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Lifetime warranty is just that.. life of the vehicle. No such thing as wear and tear. If it fails, its covered.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
So, if I get this warrenty, and say after 250,000 miles the oil pressure is so low that it causes an engine failure. Now if the tech at Chrysler states that the rings and berrings were worn out causing the low pressure, is it covered?????

That's the kind of question that I want to get an straight answer about? It seems that it is kind of subjective. If the dealership likes you (meaning you spend a good bit of money in preventative maintenence), then it will be. If they only have seen your car once in the last 5 years.....good luck

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mechanical failure for the life of the Powertrain or Vehicle, depending on what contract is purchased, for the original owner and it is not transferable.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not to really poo-poo on DC here, but the warranty service I've recieved so far has been poor. Poor enough that I can't wait for the warranty to end so I can guilt-free pay my trusted mechanic to do what I can't do myself.

And, I don't understand why we have to pay for it at all. Its not like all cars on the lot on July 26th magically are more healthy than the ones before July 26th; just apply it to all current generation vehicles. My .02$

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
After talking with the my dealership guy with both came to the same
conclusion. it's a bulls**t marketing ploy, nothing more, this from the
dealer.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
okay!!!!

so what is the best price that people have found to add the lifetime warranty on a previously purchased charger. alot of times dealers will match any price you find advertised somewhere.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Boooo to the exclusion of SRTs and Diesels!!!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I have an idea that came out of the fact that my dealer just told me $1500. How about everyone that gets a good (sub $1000) price, posts the name and town of the dealership so we can have some ammo when talking to these guys.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts