Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2008 Charger RT with 6,800 miles on it. I have provided VIN to numerous Chrysler/Dodge dealers on getting an extended warranty. Many of them have stated when the enter the VIN into the system it shows I am eligible to purchase a MaxCare Lifetime Warranty. The Dodge system has already been updated to reflect me as the new owner.

I am really wanting to buy the Lifetime MaxCare warranty as I plan on keeping the car for quite awhile and I put a lot of miles on each year. I am scared because it seems everything on the Chrysler/Dodge site seems to indicate only the original owner can purchase the Lifetime MaxCare warranty. Many of the Dodge dealers claim to have spoken to there service department and have been told that is the Dodge computer system allows them to sell me the Lifetime MaxCare warranty, they have to honor it.

Has anyone being a 2nd owner out there bought the Lifetime MaxCare Warranty? Thanks in advance for any input you may have to offer.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 Charger RT with 6,800 miles on it. I have provided VIN to numerous Chrysler/Dodge dealers on getting an extended warranty. Many of them have stated when the enter the VIN into the system it shows I am eligible to purchase a MaxCare Lifetime Warranty. The Dodge system has already been updated to reflect me as the new owner.

I am really wanting to buy the Lifetime MaxCare warranty as I plan on keeping the car for quite awhile and I put a lot of miles on each year. I am scared because it seems everything on the Chrysler/Dodge site seems to indicate only the original owner can purchase the Lifetime MaxCare warranty. Many of the Dodge dealers claim to have spoken to there service department and have been told that is the Dodge computer system allows them to sell me the Lifetime MaxCare warranty, they have to honor it.

Has anyone being a 2nd owner out there bought the Lifetime MaxCare Warranty? Thanks in advance for any input you may have to offer.
I purchased my car used with 4000 miles and was able to purchase a Max Care warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lifetime MaxCare Extended Warranty for 2nd Owner

Over the past 1-2 weeks I have spoke to several different dealerships and also Dodge directly on the Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty for 2nd owners.

Jeremy Addis at Tom Ahl Chrysler/Dodge in Ohio was kind enough to initiate the transfer of my vehicle from previous owner to me. He offered me the Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty for $1,809.44 including sales tax. He called me once the transfer was through the Chrysler/Dodge computer as then it would show him the extended warranty options that were available to me as the 2nd owner.

I also called Dodge directly and confirmed the transfer from previous owner to myself and spoke to them about an extended service contract. They also offered me the Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty, but there price was over $3,000. I asked more questions about being the second owner and Dodge told me that if the system allows them to sell me the warranty with the updated info as me being the second owner, they will honor it as the computer contains the available options for a warranty based on VIN, Mileage, In-Service Date, and number of owners.

Jeremey was a great help as I am in Arizona and he is located in Ohio. If you would like to get a quote he can be reached at 419-227-0202.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How much did you guys pay for the lifetime Maxcare extended warranties? I am thinking about upgrading....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
How much did you guys pay for the lifetime Maxcare extended warranties? I am thinking about upgrading....
I bought my warranty when the car had 14,000 miles for $2800 (probably some odd dollars in there as well) The car was purchased new. I have never had to use it so not sure how it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts