Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tags should be coming sometime in the next week or so and being that I have the Pear Black R/T and some nice tints, the plate by itself would like crappy. I've seen other charger pics on here with a tinted type security license plate holder on the back of their car. Just curious where the best place or places would be to look for one for the Charger R/T? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,766 Posts
My tags should be coming sometime in the next week or so and being that I have the Pear Black R/T and some nice tints, the plate by itself would like crappy. I've seen other charger pics on here with a tinted type security license plate holder on the back of their car. Just curious where the best place or places would be to look for one for the Charger R/T? Thanks in advance.
For sure you need tinted license plate covers. I got mine at Canadian Tire, but I'm sure they were made in the US, because the instructions said to "check your state laws" and we don't have states up here. You should have no probs finding them. I couldn't find the brand name online, and I threw away the packaging.

Sorry, I guess that wasn't helpful. LOL.

But I can tell you that the smoked looked is perfect on the Black Charger.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not worried about laws..the police can kiss my ass. After i'm doing all my mods to my baby, they won't be able to catch me anyway. --- ok...let me not get too carried away..but the police can kiss my ass...laws...they need to worry about rapes, murders and assaults...I've already put a thick strip of ILLEGAL tint on my front windshield and ILLEGALLY tinted my front two windows.....so the license plate holder will be the trifecta....in the words of Jim Mora but amended from Playoffs to.... "LAWS..LL.A..A..W...LL...LLLLAWW...LLLAWWWSSSS....."

lol....

Thanks for the info Flex. I'm in the US so I'll do some searching. I don't know exactly what they are called...but i'll do google searches for all kinds of key words and see what I can find. I just thought people here may use a specific place or two as they do with many other things.....i'll check around.....thanks.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Just go to the pepboys, discout auto parts, autozone, places like that.....pepboys usually has the better selection......if your just looking for a smoked plastic license plate cover, they can be found at all the places named above for like $5-8

·
Registered
708 Posts
You and DudeIwin (and me) are gonna get along great! Careful on the cop bashin on these here forums - there are quite a few boys in blue and a couple of LEO cheerleaders on here as well- I can't believe you haven't been slammed - YET!!! It's mostly friendly barbs - smokey & the bandit type stuff - but some get a little hot!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
what are you talkin about? i love cops!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Walmart Has Them!!!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
You and DudeIwin (and me) are gonna get along great! Careful on the cop bashin on these here forums - there are quite a few boys in blue and a couple of LEO cheerleaders on here as well- I can't believe you haven't been slammed - YET!!! It's mostly friendly barbs - smokey & the bandit type stuff - but some get a little hot!
LEO Cheerleaders.... Thats funny. I wouldnt mind having a tinted cover myself but I am sure PoPo would pull me over.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not worried about laws..the police can kiss my ass. After i'm doing all my mods to my baby, they won't be able to catch me anyway. --- ok...let me not get too carried away..but the police can kiss my ass...laws...they need to worry about rapes, murders and assaults...
We won't have to catch you, you'll smear yourself all over the road. :dead:

Oh, and we could spend more time worrying about rapes, murders and assaults if we didn't have to scrape up guys like you. "Sniff, sniff, what's that I just stepped in?" :confused:

As for me, I'm goin' after the flu. It's about time somebody busted that ass! :lol:

I've already put a thick strip of ILLEGAL tint on my front windshield and ILLEGALLY tinted my front two windows.....so the license plate holder will be the trifecta
Just look at you and your bad self! You are some rebel! Livin' on the edge!

Just out of curiosity, who do you call when your house or car gets broken into? The guy who sold you your tint?

Yearly Average Totals

Killed in car accidents 42,116*
Killed by the common flu 20,000*
Killed by murders 15,517*
Killed in airline crashes
(of 477m passenger trips) 120 (1)
Killed by lightning strikes 90*

(1) Annual average over 19 year period.
*Average annual totals in United States.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just look at you and your bad self! You are some rebel! Livin' on the edge!

Just out of curiosity, who do you call when your house or car gets broken into? The guy who sold you your tint?

:knockout: X2222222222

lol...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i really didnt wanna see this arguement start. and im trying SO hard to resist my argumentative nature.

but in sheer curiousity.. i have to ask..
how many liscensed airline pilots are flying(passenger planes)?
how many liscensed drivers are driving?
how many unliscensed drivers are driver on top of that?

to become a pilot is no simle feat, nor is it to fly a boeing, a machine that costs hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars, or be trusted with the lives of over 100 people.

to be trusted with a car is as easy as making a 100 dollar down payment on a 50,000 dollar car you cant afford, or a 100 cash payment on a junker.

its kinda like saying.... more non-smokers die every day than smokers. therefore not smoking must not be healthy, and smoking is.
except that there are like tons and tons more non smokers.
Ratios are VERY important ;)

how many cases of the flu versus deaths from it?
how many car accidents vs deaths from accident? (to be technical that would be counted as 1 "accident" per person involved in accident, driver or not... so car of 4 people crushes bumper of car of 2 people... 6 potential deaths... 0 deaths...)

the number of people who spend X ammount of time in a car has got to be so far greater than the number of people who spend X ammount of time in a plane, or spend X ammount of time with the flu, per year.... that it is an absolutely ridiculous comparison. especially when you consider the credentials required to drive (be 18 years old basically.... with a bit of cash... or just buy a scrap junker without a liscense...) compared to the ones to fly a passenger plane.

there are more idiots on the road on a daily basis than there are idiots in the rest of the US combinedas far as i can tell.

i was once told by a very non-aggressive drive(he drives... i think its an Acura MDX? lil SUV around the size of an Explorer) that "its not the people who speed down the highways that scare me... theyre usually paying attentioned and looking at every lane change they make and watching the road a mile down and aware of their surroundings..... its the people who dont have a clue what it is to drive and come into your lane on the frwy, or turn onto a road in front of you and are just clueless about driving"

or something to that effect.

im not saying that "its safe to race or speed because all people who do pay attention" its the dumbasses who are gonna blow thru a red light and t-bone another person they could never have seen. so they fall into the "not paying attention to surroundings" category..

whether they going 35 mph when they run it, or 90. if you hit a car, it can be fatal. racing is not the real problem.

im not trying to say that street racing is 100% OK and correct and safe, by any means....
im just playing devils advocate. and attempting to bring other thought processes out and ways of seeing it to life.

and if your really worried about cleaning up bodies on the highways... you should be stopping people on them crotch rockets. if anyone enjoys turning their body into paste and spreading it across roads, its those guys. and down here in houston... your lucky if cops show up at your house after 3 hours if you call em... if at all. thats why we have 12gauges in our house ;) but thats houston. some smaller towns get cops at your door in minutes.

weve been thru the good cop bad cop routine. no need to get it goin here. while im sure most of the cops on here are pretty just and fair officers.... the large majority are out to make a quota and trip over having their lunch money stolen as a kid. again this might apply to the fact taht i live in a city of 7+ million... ok it definately does...

i <3 the few good cops left in the world. i just wish i could run in to one in person once in a while.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow. Quite a response. Didn't mean to light a fire but since it's lit, I'll fan the flames a little more... :)

Don't get me wrong. I love driving fast. But the difference in speed times your reaction time means more distance traveled. Sometimes you simply run out of road.

I know all about the idiot drivers out there. I deal with them everyday. The problem isn't the speeding driver, per se, it IS the idiot on the side road that pulls out in front of you. Now, being an idiot driver is bad, but it doesn't warrant a death sentence.

I can be driving with lights and siren and I still have people pulling out in front of me...even at 3:00 in the morning. Speed kills and sometimes it kills innocent people.

I've seen young people torn to pieces in accidents. I've knocked on doors bearing the news that someone's child is dead. I've seen bicyclists and pedestrians crushed horribly.

There is a place for racing, but it's not on our city's streets.

Also, I have to take exception with your evaluation of cops. True, there are those who were probably bullied as kids and now have a badge and a gun to reek vengeance. But the VAST MAJORITY are decent people.

What you've got to remember is that cops are human, too. For 8 or more hours a day we see people at their worst. No one ever calls 911 to say how great they are doing. And it's not always the "hot", fun calls. Many times it's "my 11 year old won't go to school" or "my neighbor cut my grass 24" over the property line"...stupid stuff. Other times it's "daddy is beating mommy again" or "my friend just blew his head off with a shotgun."

My point is, with all the negatives we face as LEOs, it's no wonder that our profession has the highest rates of suicide, alcoholism and divorce. Yes, we are supposed to be professionals all the time, but sometimes, as humans we screw up.

And what does the press cover about cops. Rarely the good we do, but more likely the few "bad apples" who stink up the whole barrel.

the large majority are out to make a quota and trip over having their lunch money stolen as a kid. again this might apply to the fact taht i live in a city of 7+ million... ok it definately does...
That is a generalization that CANNOT be true. I don't know of any department that has quotas. We do have separate divisions to handle different tasks such as patrol, homicide, traffic, juvenile, etc. As such, you are expected to do that job (just like any other profession) and if your job is writing tickets....

The large majority of officers are good, decent people. We don't "trip over having (our) lunch money stolen." But we may react in an unprofessional manner which is inexcusable. For that, I apologize on behalf of all LEOs.

Okay, my soapbox is begin to creak from the weight of my donut-bloated body so I guess I'll go and try to find that bastard who took my lunch money 40 years ago... ;)

Love, peace and all that lovely hippie sh*t!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Wow. Quite a response. Didn't mean to light a fire but since it's lit, I'll fan the flames a little more... :)

Don't get me wrong. I love driving fast. But the difference in speed times your reaction time means more distance traveled. Sometimes you simply run out of road.

I know all about the idiot drivers out there. I deal with them everyday. The problem isn't the speeding driver, per se, it IS the idiot on the side road that pulls out in front of you. Now, being an idiot driver is bad, but it doesn't warrant a death sentence.

I can be driving with lights and siren and I still have people pulling out in front of me...even at 3:00 in the morning. Speed kills and sometimes it kills innocent people.

I've seen young people torn to pieces in accidents. I've knocked on doors bearing the news that someone's child is dead. I've seen bicyclists and pedestrians crushed horribly.

There is a place for racing, but it's not on our city's streets.

Also, I have to take exception with your evaluation of cops. True, there are those who were probably bullied as kids and now have a badge and a gun to reek vengeance. But the VAST MAJORITY are decent people.

What you've got to remember is that cops are human, too. For 8 or more hours a day we see people at their worst. No one ever calls 911 to say how great they are doing. And it's not always the "hot", fun calls. Many times it's "my 11 year old won't go to school" or "my neighbor cut my grass 24" over the property line"...stupid stuff. Other times it's "daddy is beating mommy again" or "my friend just blew his head off with a shotgun."

My point is, with all the negatives we face as LEOs, it's no wonder that our profession has the highest rates of suicide, alcoholism and divorce. Yes, we are supposed to be professionals all the time, but sometimes, as humans we screw up.

And what does the press cover about cops. Rarely the good we do, but more likely the few "bad apples" who stink up the whole barrel.

That is a generalization that CANNOT be true. I don't know of any department that has quotas. We do have separate divisions to handle different tasks such as patrol, homicide, traffic, juvenile, etc. As such, you are expected to do that job (just like any other profession) and if your job is writing tickets....

The large majority of officers are good, decent people. We don't "trip over having (our) lunch money stolen." But we may react in an unprofessional manner which is inexcusable. For that, I apologize on behalf of all LEOs.

Okay, my soapbox is begin to creak from the weight of my donut-bloated body so I guess I'll go and try to find that bastard who took my lunch money 40 years ago... ;)

Love, peace and all that lovely hippie sh*t!
Have you ever seen anyone killed by a tinted license plate cover? Thats what this thread is about.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's what the thread was about until folks start bashing the police...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
first and foremost. if you didnt already know for some reason.... this is what happens when you bring up cops. in any post. some one like me and some one like rfourt are gonna come across it and start this whole thing.

secondly. this one time, i took a tinted liscense plate cover and threw it like a ninja star and beheaded a person. it was badass

haha. you mike quite a few good points rfourt. reaction time is a huge issue with those speeds, and even with a good reaction, stopping distance is easily over 50 ft, and thats being really cheap. probably around 100.

but as far as quotas... my dad has a client that is a city judge.
she specifically said that the cop who wrote me that ticket for failing to signal and following too closely was more than likely trying to meet her quota, especially based on the time of the month i got it.

everyone does have a job to do. i guess sometimes i wish theyd apply some common sense to their job. failing to signal vs speeding 20 over? (lol some how it always come back to that one, looks like i have some built up angst)

all that said...
i have no clue where to find a tinted plate cover.
now does anyone wanna go stand out in a field during a storm and see if we cant skew these quotas some? i wanna be a lightning strike survivor

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
first and foremost. if you didnt already know for some reason.... this is what happens when you bring up cops. in any post. some one like me and some one like rfourt are gonna come across it and start this whole thing.

secondly. this one time, i took a tinted liscense plate cover and threw it like a ninja star and beheaded a person. it was badass

haha. you mike quite a few good points rfourt. reaction time is a huge issue with those speeds, and even with a good reaction, stopping distance is easily over 50 ft, and thats being really cheap. probably around 100.

but as far as quotas... my dad has a client that is a city judge.
she specifically said that the cop who wrote me that ticket for failing to signal and following too closely was more than likely trying to meet her quota, especially based on the time of the month i got it.

everyone does have a job to do. i guess sometimes i wish theyd apply some common sense to their job. failing to signal vs speeding 20 over? (lol some how it always come back to that one, looks like i have some built up angst)

all that said...
i have no clue where to find a tinted plate cover.
now does anyone wanna go stand out in a field during a storm and see if we cant skew these quotas some? i wanna be a lightning strike survivor
I have a set of golf clubs we can take but that might taint the results.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You made them sound like they were the next coming of Christ so I guess yall are even.
I didn't say ANYTHING about tinted license plate covers. I could give a sh_t whether people have a tinted license plate cover. License plate covers do not kill people. Windows that are over tinted are an officer safety issue. We can't see inside and don't know whether your Grandma Moses or Charles Manson.

The sole purpose of my post was to defend the honor of my profession. I mean if you're a civil engineer or a beautician or whatever, rarely do people bash your profession and make sweeping generalizations (well beauticians, maybe :). Now granted, I knew this job was tough when I took it, but we (LEOs) are not your enemy.

Yes, sometimes you get tickets for stupid stuff. But hey, sometimes I pull a car over for one of those "stupid" type violations, the driver is in full as_hole-mode when I greet them and my desire to write a ticket increases exponentially. And true, there are pr_cks in our profession. Believe it or not, I'm not one of them.

So I'll extend the olive branch of peace and apologize for ruffling anyone's feathers.

God bless freedom of speech.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.