Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... Long time / first time (reader/poster)

I looked through the How to do ... everything and didn't see a topic on how to replace the license plate lamp.

I just got pulled over last night and need to get this done.
Am I missing something with this? I can't seem to figure out how to get the lamp out and replaced.

Also, some of the writeups on here are done really well, I did my own rear spoiler and brakes/rotors with your help.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hi everyone... Long time / first time (reader/poster)

I looked through the How to do ... everything and didn't see a topic on how to replace the license plate lamp.

I just got pulled over last night and need to get this done.
Am I missing something with this? I can't seem to figure out how to get the lamp out and replaced.

Also, some of the writeups on here are done really well, I did my own rear spoiler and brakes/rotors with your help.

Thanks in advance.
To remove and change the bulb on your license plate light. There are 2 screws that you need to remove. Then the license plate light can be removed from the rear fascia. Twist the wire on the back of the license plate light and remove the bad bulb. Install the new bulb, twist lock the wire back into the license plate light. Test it to make sure it works. Then install the license plate light securing it to the rear fascia with the 2 screws.

You will need to get a 194 style bulb to replace your stock license plate bulb. I use a white LED light for my license plate light. I got mine at Auto Lumination. You need to get the 4 Star SMT bulb with constant on application.

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Scroll down to the 10th listing (4-Star SMT)

·
Registered
486 Posts
hey i am on holidays in florida next week to visit my brother.
I have already ordered some parts and now i also want to buy a new led bulb for the license plate.
I am not sure. do i need one or two bulbs for the license plate?

and what do you think, which one i should take

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Do i need to use a small one or does the size not matter
because this one

is much bigger then this one

Thanks very much for your help

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
The longer one won't fit in the housing, you need to go with the shorter one that Freebird listed.

·
Registered
486 Posts
and do i need one or two?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
It's only a single bulb

·
Registered
486 Posts
thx.
what do you think.
will the
8- Star SMT or the 5- Star SMT also fit?
Because they dont seem to be bigger then the 4- Star SMT.
THX

·
Registered
47 Posts
thx.
What do you think.
Will the
8- star smt or the 5- star smt also fit?
Because they dont seem to be bigger then the 4- star smt.
Thx
x2!! will 8 star be too bright?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Subscribed...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts