Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres an idea for those of you who live in a state that requires a front license plate.... i live in virginia and they are pretty strict. i had mine in the window and got pulled over today so i had an idea and went out and got some stuff to mount it. havent put it on yet but it will be on tomorrow but i did mod it so heres what i did. I like those clear plate protectors so i decided to try and get one to fit nicely on the front. Bought 2 of them and scored the top edges then took some foil, found the middle and made a little channel that i could heat up while protecting the rest of the plastic. used a propane torch on super low to heat it up then bent it over my previously bent license plate.

Came out pretty good, cant wait to see it on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
That looks pretty cool! Hell of an idea. New York is the same way, but my car didn't come with a front bracket or have the holes drilled for one. Supposedly it was from Florida. I don't know. I've had it for almost a year and a half now and, luckily, have yet to be hassled about it. I never liked the way the stock bracket looked and I think the car looks a lot better without the front plate, but, if I was forced to put one on, I would prefer it to be like yours. It has a really smooth look to it. I like how you got it bent to shape. I would love something like this. Any chance you'd take a request? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@De la nooch, yea man no problem, and you are pretty lucky to not have been pulled yet... but its bound to happen sooner or later.

@Hskr yea but i dont plan on moving out of va so its gonna have to be there holes drilled or not.. and once its there the holes are covered so im not worried about it. that one sticks out way to far for me man.

@vito99 thanks man!

@R/T Beast im in lynchburg right now, but ill be in norfolk pretty soon. you?

here it is on the car... came out pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
@R/T Beast im in lynchburg right now, but ill be in norfolk pretty soon. you?

here it is on the car... came out pretty good.
We're in Christiansburg...about 2 hours from you.

We may have to get rid of our bracket...looks REAL good! REAL sharp! Good job!

ps. It's snowing like a... lol It's coming your way if it isn't there already!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts