Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I took of my front plate bracket and mounted the plate in the windshield. The problem is the 4 holes that the dealer put in my front facia. I need sugestions on how to cover these up and not be so noticable.

Here are some Pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Put the plate back? :D

Bondo and repaint is all I can think of, unfortunately.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well mine didn't stick out that much, but my car is black and I just took a black sharpie and colored in the white lol!!! Since it's black it isn't as noticeable BUT down the line I was thinking of getting these:

http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put the plate back? :D

Bondo and repaint is all I can think of, unfortunately.
If i dont get any suggestions i just might put that ugly thing back on. If i had a Carbon fiber one. HINT for Carbon By design. I would't mind it as much.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well mine didn't stick out that much, but my car is black and I just took a black sharpie and colored in the white lol!!! Since it's black it isn't as noticeable BUT down the line I was thinking of getting these:

http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html
Dude, Thats perfect. But man 50 bucks for 4, lol. What to do?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If the plate isn't on the bumper, make sure it is not otherwise obscured either by the wipers, or by a sharp angle as it sits on the dash. It must be legible from the front.

Why not paint the bracket yellow to match the car? I painted mine white to match mine and it looks a lot better.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its is very visible where it is at. I drove by it in my wifes car and I could read it with no problems. What steps did you take to paint it. As far as prep work

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NO bumber stickers please, lol.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Dude, Thats perfect. But man 50 bucks for 4, lol. What to do?
I know, that's why I haven't gotten them yet lol maybe you could do a google search or look on eBay for cheaper versions?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Crap...I didn't realize there were 4 holes...I just bought two Bumper Plugs for mine, thinking it was only two holes. I'll have to check tonight. That's gonna piss me off if it requires 4. Ugh.

It may be $50, but they're painted body color, and will look the best out of all of those options.

I hate that my car came with the bracket already on. :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going to ask CBD if they can make this in Carbon Fiber. Never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that's just asking for someone to rip it right off in a parking lot somewhere... :(
That is very true but if i lived my life that way I wouldn't own anything. When my car is out I am usually 50 feet away from it. But anything can happen.

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
I have a decently cheap solution possibly. I MAY let you know how it looks this weekend. Go to the parts store. Buy 4 christmas tree body trim retainers. Paint them with touch up spray from the dealer. Make sure you clear them! Push them into the bumper.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have a decently cheap solution possibly. I MAY let you know how it looks this weekend. Go to the parts store. Buy 4 christmas tree body trim retainers. Paint them with touch up spray from the dealer. Make sure you clear them! Push them into the bumper.
X2, this is what I did, cheap fix. TIP: sand the front as flat as possible before you paint them, they'll sit flatter against the bumper.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Woohoo! Only two holes in mine. I still need to drill the holes out to 1/4" so the bumper plugs will fit. I'll snap pics when I've got 'er all done.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Forgive the camera phone pics. I'll need to buff out the small scratches left by the bracket, but overall, I'm really happy with the look. Looking forward to seeing it in the sunlight, too (these were taken in the parking garage at my office).

·
Registered
869 Posts
Awesome!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts