Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have countless hours of searching I'd like to do regarding information on BND products... but there is one concern I need to address first that I have not seen pop up.

I understand this stuff is custom blended. So that leads me to believe that it is not certified by Chrysler for use, and could be a potential ass biter later on if, god forbid, some insane warranty issue arises. Sure, it may be better than what Chrysler recommends or certifies, but that doesn't mean jack if I get stuck with a destroyed component that they want to blame on QB.

I am probably purchasing an extended factory warranty as well, so waiting for the warranty to expire isn't in the cards.

What am I looking at in terms of this?

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
I still have countless hours of searching I'd like to do regarding information on BND products... but there is one concern I need to address first that I have not seen pop up.

I understand this stuff is custom blended. So that leads me to believe that it is not certified by Chrysler for use, and could be a potential ass biter later on if, god forbid, some insane warranty issue arises. Sure, it may be better than what Chrysler recommends or certifies, but that doesn't mean jack if I get stuck with a destroyed component that they want to blame on QB.

I am probably purchasing an extended factory warranty as well, so waiting for the warranty to expire isn't in the cards.

What am I looking at in terms of this?
That is a really good question and I am frankly glad that you asked it!!

Ok, yes, we do custom blend the lubricants for each and every application so that you get the best blend of materials that are possible for your car's use.

With that being said, we do what our customers want us to do. While we recommend more zinc, phosphorous, magnesium, calcium and different other compounds, we do make QuantumBlue Custom Blends that are API spec'd IF the customer wants them. It is extremely rare that someone wants that, but we do make them. The drain intervals will be shortened to the manufacturer's recommendations compared to what we normally recommend (10k to 12k miles), but they do meet and exceed every spec Chrysler has for use in their cars. Our regular blends exceed everything from EVERY manufacturer import or domestic.

The real question is whether anyone has ever used our QuantumBlue Custom Blends and had a warranty issue arising from it's use. The answer is NO. We have over 50 million customer driven miles and not had one issue ever.

Most dealerships look to see if the oil comes out like tar and also if the levels are correct. If the mileage and time are within the warranty period and the car isn't trashed, they assume that the warranty is in effect and fix the car. It is only when there is suspicion that the car is abused that you run into problems. I deal with many dealerships all the time and that is the main criteria. If the car is trashed on the inside and outside, the oil looks like tar and it is 2 quarts low......you come in and complain of an engine knock they are then wanting to deny the coverage.......just that simple.

I believe these two oil analysis reports show the experience of QuantumBlue Custom Blends:

Pete's 2013 5.7L MDS VVT Hemi V8 with 14,000 miles on one QuantumBlue 7.5w23 Custom Blend with QuantumBlue Ultra HP White filter. January 30th 2014.

30 ppm iron div by 14(k) = 2.14 ppm every 1000 miles. Nothing!
0 Chromium - no ring wear
0 Lead - no bearing wear
2 Aluminum - 1 ppm every 7,000 miles from the piston - Nothing!
0 Nickel - no valve wear!

These are facts on a new engine....not opinion.

Jed's 11th oil change at 13,998 miles. Total of 139,669 miles on 11 oil changes. That is on average 12,697 miles per oil change.

25 iron - 1.78 ppm per 1000 miles - nothing
0 Chromium - no ring wear
0 Lead - no bearing wear
5 Aluminum - .35/100ths of 1 ppm per 1000 miles
0 Nickel - no valve wear.

This is the proof that what we make will not harm anything and won't create any issues. So if you protect your factory packed engine, transmission, and differential by using the best you can get, warranty would be the least of your concern.

Also you have the Magnuson-Moss act that states that..."a manufacturer of a parts, materials, and workmanship warranty cannot deny warranty coverage just because a customer using an aftermarket part or product UNLESS...burden of proof of the manufacturer....they can prove that it caused the failure or damage."

Preventing a problem is far more important than fixing one!

Hope this helps!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
345 Posts
For what its worth, I was a skeptic for the longest time about QB, I racked up 80,000 miles on my 2006 SRT8 before trading it in for a 2012 SRT8, First oil change I did with my NEW SRT8 I tried out Quantum Blue, my sceptical room-mate who also runs a hemi bought a car the same year, stuck with standard oil for the first year, just HEARING the differences in how the two cars run with nothing more than a fluid change he was convinced enough to try QB. Now we are hooked, so thats two relatively new cars running QB and not the least bit worried about our warranties while running BND products. Did other fluid swaps this spring and I could not be happier with the products.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Using BND products may not be "recommended" according to the owner's manual lawyer speak, but it will ABSOLUTELY never void your warranty. It simply can't. "Recommending use" and "Forbidding use" are two very different things.

The warranty law is written is such a way that the factory would have to prove the products caused damage to your vehicle (they never will) and then they would only be able to deny coverage on the parts it damaged (not the rest of your vehicle).

It just won't ever happen.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
ACES IV and ALL QUANTUM BLUE FLUIDS are simply the BEST things you can do for your CHARGER, if you really care about making sure the Beast lasts for a long time!

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
For what its worth, I was a skeptic for the longest time about QB, I racked up 80,000 miles on my 2006 SRT8 before trading it in for a 2012 SRT8, First oil change I did with my NEW SRT8 I tried out Quantum Blue, my sceptical room-mate who also runs a hemi bought a car the same year, stuck with standard oil for the first year, just HEARING the differences in how the two cars run with nothing more than a fluid change he was convinced enough to try QB. Now we are hooked, so thats two relatively new cars running QB and not the least bit worried about our warranties while running BND products. Did other fluid swaps this spring and I could not be happier with the products.
Thank you for the kind words! We work hard in trying to differentiate between store/off the shelf materials and our custom blends and have tried to do this for 5 years on this forum.

However, when you say it, it holds much more substantiation because you did it for yourself and compared it to what your roommate had done with typical lubricants.

Appreciate your honest comparison and the subsequent orders from your roomate as well!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts