Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have seen on several posts folks turning off their Torque Management with programming or resistors. Just want some first hand information to decrease the management even further than what SC's allows.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I pull fuse 17 at the racetrack....works on most early model LX's.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The esp/bas disable with the turn of the key thread

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ah yes, turn the key to Start while you're rolling... 3-4 seconds later, ding! ESP error. Free reign at that point to swing the hindquarters of your Charger sideways or smoke em bald.

Car seems much more alive like that... a bit more dangerous, too, so I don't do it -all- the time.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
key trick doesnt work on mine. it was one of the first cars produced i beleive, ill have to go get the date(any one give a brief explanation wehre to find it?)

hemi~c~ what is this fuse 17 you speak of?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not talking about ESP / Traction control here, rather Torque Management and how the computer controls the power.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
torq management is a feature of the super chips prgrammer and soon to be diablo i beleive that retards HAL a bit so that he will give you more power off the line and throughout your rpm range. i think?

i dono how this corresponds to esp disable. same thing? not.. im not sure. havnt read into it much, just trying to clear up for others i guess

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Shouldn't be much of a relationship between ESP and torque management, unless the ESP motion module detects hard acceleration from a complete stop and is "proactive" in informing HAL to back off on the power (as appeared to be proved in that other thread where people were using the Dashhawk to monitor timing and throttle opening, etc.).

I'm interested in how people were able to defeat or modify torque management using resistors? I'm wondering what sensor they were fooling to get HAL to think he shouldn't be applying torque management... as far as I know, it's all programming, meant to keep the drivetrain from hurting itself. Most automatics benefit from this nowadays anyway... removing it really puts one right in the hands of exactly how over-engineered the tranny was. (or under-engineered, as is the case with some manufacturers...)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
im gonna go with no on that one

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Shouldn't be much of a relationship between ESP and torque management, unless the ESP motion module detects hard acceleration from a complete stop and is "proactive" in informing HAL to back off on the power (as appeared to be proved in that other thread where people were using the Dashhawk to monitor timing and throttle opening, etc.).

I'm interested in how people were able to defeat or modify torque management using resistors? I'm wondering what sensor they were fooling to get HAL to think he shouldn't be applying torque management... as far as I know, it's all programming, meant to keep the drivetrain from hurting itself. Most automatics benefit from this nowadays anyway... removing it really puts one right in the hands of exactly how over-engineered the tranny was. (or under-engineered, as is the case with some manufacturers...)
The ESP and toque management go hand in hand.. Reducing torque to individual wheels is what HAL uses to stabilize the vehicle.

I believe he's referring to the NoESP.com mod when he says resistor. I love this mod, but I also added a switch under the hood for the track. NoESP is like $50 and a switch is less than $5. If using this mod at the track is your goal, don't mess around with the key trick whether it works for your car or not. Get yourself a more dependable ESP trick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.