Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,
With Winter here no real snow yet I was thinking well have been thinking about getting a set of winter Mats.

We have a set of WeatherTech in the Audi and stockers in both Chargers. I like the Weather Tech's they are very nice but can get a slightly slippery when wet.

So I have been checking out all the other offerings I think are worthy unless you guys have other opinions to share.

3D Maxpider mats seem very nice and well constructed but I question their ability to be cleaned up and still retain a new look. Anyone have them and have any issues cleaning them up?
Reason I say the Weathertech can be cleaned back up to new condition.

Husky Liners these also seems like a very nice mat and since they are basically rubber , I assume they also clean up well.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
136 Posts
I’m using OEM Dodge Charger winter floor mats. They fit nice, they’re easy to clean, and they cost a lot less than WeatherTech mats.

Reactions: Mantis

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm running the 3D Maxpider.
They are just as easy to clean as the weathertech liners in my other car.
The spot where your heel goes on the driver's liner is a little lighter or a little faded compared to the surrounding material. Not enough to annoy me though.
The only negative I have for them is the sides have seemed to pull away from the carpet a little. I will try and take a pic when I get off work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had Weathertechs in my Cadillac, and I bought Maxliner mats for my wifes Acura RDX.
The Maxliners were about $100 cheaper than the weathertechs, and had better coverage and protection.
For the Charger, I got the 3D mats, and they seem to be pretty good. We haven't had a lot of snow this year, so far, but they have good coverage and seem to work well.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Darn mantis; Seriously, Winter mats? You often describe your car in a way like it never sees rain or snow.

Weathertech is the way to go if you can't get OEM mud pans.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Had weather techs. 3dmaxpiders and just got the TuxMat. They’re pricey but super awesome. Fits amazing and covers everything!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I've always used Weathertech myself. Like you, I started using them in my Audi's and then just automatically bought them for every car since then. No regrets. I have a buddy that bought the cheap Husky liners for his truck. He thought they were slippery under the pedals when wet so he shot that area with some some epoxy (it reminded me of plastidip) and then sprinkled some sand on it while it was drying...very grippy and still easy to hose off for cleaning. I thought that was pretty clever and that's his "go to" mod for rubber mats in his cars now.

Best,

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Darn mantis; Seriously, Winter mats? You often describe your car in a way like it never sees rain or snow.

Weathertech is the way to go if you can't get OEM mud pans.
LOL, this will assure the floor will not see it

·
Super Moderator
11,565 Posts
Stock floor mats still...winter #5.

Reactions: FlyersHockey

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I hate WeatherTech. Overpriced crap. I can see using a tray type liner in maybe a truck, but in cars they're (in my opinion) hideous looking, and I hate how they're slippy, and debris just rolls around or little puddles of water sit there. I bought one pair of WeatherTech liners in my R/T and hated them. Stock mats without tears or stains and Northeast winters in my 2013 Bee with 8 years and 135,289 miles.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hate WeatherTech. Overpriced crap. I can see using a tray type liner in maybe a truck, but in cars they're (in my opinion) hideous looking, and I hate how they're slippy, and debris just rolls around or little puddles of water sit there. I bought one pair of WeatherTech liners in my R/T and hated them. Stock mats without tears or stains and Northeast winters in my 2013 Bee with 8 years and 135,289 miles.
yes it can be done , after a good winter if we have one this year , you can do things to keep your feet cleaner , and clean the stock mats and carpet etc. I use to keep a box of Booties in my truck and slip them on to protect my mats and didn't buy weather techs.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
976 Posts
OEDRO, $135 full set Amazon, better than all the others mentioned! Love them to death, and so did my UBER customers.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have the full set of Husky Liners and I really like them. Keep an eye on Amazon I got the full set for only $86 (I think they normally go for $124). One thing I really like on them is that the dead pedal goes up a couple more inches vs. Weathertech.

Some complain about the sides but so far mine fit really well. If they do get warped you can reshape with a heat gun. I had the cheap only husky liners in my 2006 and they held up well.

·
Registered
950 Posts
allmoparparts.com
The problem with the Mopar mats is they don't cover the dead pedal at all and don't really contain the snow/salt mess. I don't need an all weather mat/winter mat that can't keep the salty water off the factory carpet that's the whole point. No mats do it perfectly but some are better than others.

Reactions: Mantis and POWERMAN
1 - 20 of 21 Posts