Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as we know our vehicles have a vdr. For people that dont know it captures a picture of what was happening 2 seconds before and 10 seconds after airbag deployment. Some states have the ability to upload this info at the scene to tell what speed you were going, brake application or not, seat belts on or off. Etc. etc.
What i wonder is one of two things. Now i have been working on dodges for nearly 10 years now and have never come across a vdr module in any car. If there is one we could just unplug it and it would lose communication to the pcm and they would try to upload info and get jack.
But since i've never seen one, and spent hours looking through service manuals and dealerconnect to no avail, i'm wondering if it is the pcm. I don't know if this is even possible with the pcm to capture data like a data recoder though and i'm assuming its not but i dunno. Ten years of working on these things and never seen one, worked on one, had a complaint about one or ever even known of one being used in a accident.

So this is your challenge, to find the module. Wonder if they hide it to keep people from tampering with it like they do crash sensors or if they did incorporate it into the pcm in which case we are screwed but i really cant see them doing that.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
It's the PCM

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, i cant beleive it doesnt get screwed with bg flashes and the sort. damn the luck

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hmmm.....I thought it was the wee lil black box under the Drivers seat????

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drivers seat has an ocm (occupant control module), hsm (heated seat module), psm (power seat module). So which one little black box???

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
There's only one under my seat that I can see.....well actually 2- different sized ones on a common base plate with cabling. The one looks pretty "stout" though....like it was built to be shock proof'd.....

·
Registered
686 Posts
The airbag module mounted under the center ip stack just forward of the shifter is what records the info from what I have been told .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts