Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less Drone - Blastin' Bobs vs. Brylcream...that is the question

I'm debating on getting a very low DB kit from blastin bob for my R/T - possibly even the magnaflow version for the daytona/R&T.

I've read very conflicting opinions on whether or not this would give me a drone as opposed to cutting out the suitcase and leaving the stock resonators.

The plus side to the BB kit is that you get nice tips too, so it would look a little better. But I dont want it to be loud or drone.

Thanks for the input in advance

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Get the resonator kit from BB

There is a chance that your resonators will sound like poop a little while after the 'creem

·
Registered
619 Posts
here are some sound clips of the loudest resonated daytona kit with a stock daytona muffler. no drone, quiet when you want it to be, but put your foot down and you will definitely turn heads.

start up:

floor it:

yours will probably be a little quieter b/c you don't have the daytona muffler, but you could always pick one up for cheap in the for sale section if you really wanted.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
there is NO DRONE with brylcreem.
NONE
NO DRONE
NO DRONE
as far as the BB resonated kits. those are sposed to be a damn fine piece of tail pipe ;) that are sposed to have like no drone either ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
here are some sound clips of the loudest resonated daytona kit with a stock daytona muffler. no drone, quiet when you want it to be, but put your foot down and you will definitely turn heads.

start up:

floor it:

yours will probably be a little quieter b/c you don't have the daytona muffler, but you could always pick one up for cheap in the for sale section if you really wanted.
is this the set up with the glasspacks??

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
there is NO DRONE with brylcreem.
NONE
NO DRONE
NO DRONE
as far as the BB resonated kits. those are sposed to be a damn fine piece of tail pipe ;) that are sposed to have like no drone either ;)
EDIT: Sorry I misread and misunderstood your post and responded. My humble apologies :)

actually boss, you are wrong... there are two different kinds of BB kits.

there are the resonator eliminator kits (i have the 9dB kit, which I am totally happy with btw. It took a month or so to completely settle but I'm totally happy with it. This kit is loud, and can be droney at specific engine loads and rpms, but usually isn't due to the way I normally drive)

He has another kit designed for the 350hp Hemi's that have a different resonator with a nice tip. This is the kit I recommended to Josh34.

The reason i say the 'creem mod will eventually sound like poop due to a lot of members stating that the extra heat from that used to be dissapated from their suitcase muffler "burns out" their resonators which causes them to rattle.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
EDIT: Sorry I misread and misunderstood your post and responded. My humble apologies
well i guess you lucky cuz i didnt even see what u had written :) grr!

oh i know bout the resos burnin out.
i said the BB resonated kit so i assumed that meant the ones that were designed for the MDS cars. mah bad. i think were both saying the same thing but were both bad at putiing **** on paper.... or... on the keybaord.. screen...

if you creem you will love it. the BB's are even better. til the snake bites you and you need more. then youll go big or go home!

i creemed my car. almost went with the BB kit first. but figured id try the crem and put on teh reso'd BB's if mine burned. now im sayin fork it cuz im savin for LT's and a cat back anyhow.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Get the resonator kit from BB

There is a chance that your resonators will sound like poop a little while after the 'creem
can anyone attest to this? perhaps someone with an SRT with the brylcreem mod? ...everyone seems to love this mod and this is the first I hear that it will sound like poop a little while after ...hmmm.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
ive got 5k miles on my creem. i have heard stories of them burning out over time tho. i dono how true it is. they say it sounds too raspy like you have metal inside your reso floating around or something wierd. it is supposedly caused by too much heat from the exhaust going thru your resos since u dont have the suticase now. i think its bull**** personally.

i was also told that this was false and it is actually when your pipes hit your cross member or something like that... some pipe to body contact that makes a rattling noise that people were mistaking for their resos burning out, since it sometiems wasnt put back to gether right and rattled.

i dono. ive heard of people with double my miles still enjoying the creem. shrug

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
can anyone attest to this? perhaps someone with an SRT with the brylcreem mod? ...everyone seems to love this mod and this is the first I hear that it will sound like poop a little while after ...hmmm.
at one point there was a lot of talk from people on the forums talking about how brylcreem "burned out" their resonators. Spot or tack welds supposedly broke off and were causing a rattling sound on acceleration.

I might try to find the threads for ya when i'm at home tonight

·
Registered
488 Posts
well, I pulled the trigger and got the brycleem mod done ...at first, I went to the muffler shop, and told them I wanted to get rid of the middle suitcase, they said that they think it would be better to remove the reso's or mufflers just behind the tip, I said, well ...everyone has done the suitcase delete mod and people have been happy with it ...so I end up doing it on my SRT, it is a little raspy, only at a certain RPM about 4500-5500, a bit louder and not sure if I'm completely happy with it, but for 60 bucks, I'm not complaining ...and if I do decide that I don't like it after a while then I have more reason to go with the Corsa exhaust, which I think I will end up doing soon. No drone and sounds quiet from inside but from behind it sounds pretty mean and loud, can't tell at idle and below say 2500 RPM's ...I think I would be happy with the Corsa.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yep. the brylcreem is by no means super agressive. but its a definate improvement over stock if you ask me. enjoy. and once those new pipers get some exhaust coating on em the raspyness will subside quite a bit. give it a week or 2

·
Registered
271 Posts
if you want to eliminate the drone you need to get the BB kits that come with the glasspacks. I believe anything above the 6db kit has only resonated tips which will still give you some drone at certain rpms. The db ratings are based on if you have a stock muffler still on your ride. If you have a performance muffler on, then your going to have a much louder set of pipe than the ratings would indicate. The magnaflow BB kit is supposed to be by far the quietest kit he sells.

BTW: Bob is a great guy and will answer all your questions if you call!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I've got these. Super easy to install and sounds great. There is obviously a little drone in the cabin around 1,500 - 2,000 rpm, but as you put some miles on them, the wee-little-bit of drone gets better. I love them and my wife hasn't complained. The 3 1/2 inch rolled stainless tips look great and I like that they are painted black so all you see are those shiny tips.

·
Registered
250 Posts
WE have the magnaflow kit from bb and theres no drone at all. Its not as loud as I would like but, its the wifes car. Had the 4 inch kit on and it had alot of drone from 2000 to 2500 rpms. Other than that it was great, sounded good to me, but to loud for her to drive to work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got these. Super easy to install and sounds great. There is obviously a little drone in the cabin around 1,500 - 2,000 rpm, but as you put some miles on them, the wee-little-bit of drone gets better. I love them and my wife hasn't complained. The 3 1/2 inch rolled stainless tips look great and I like that they are painted black so all you see are those shiny tips.

Is that with the suitcase removed or not on yours?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts