Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they showed up today (thanks FedEx!), it was wet and rainy but I could not wait so here are some photos and vids ( I had an hour before my wife got home and asked WTF I was doing - again!).

I'm liking them a lot, I know not all will feel the same. I bought this style as they are similar in appearance to the headlights, clear lens and black backing. The photos do not truly show how they look - they have less "glare" in person, not so shiny round the edges. No DOT number, so not sure if they are legal, but they work well, really bright (more so than stocks). I'll keep the OEM's just in case - also may want to try a Halo mod on those later.

Pretty easy installation. Found I had some chipped paint under the OEM units, touched that up. Also had a burnt LED reversing light in my OEM's, no spare, so had to use regular lights (boo). The sequencer mod I installed is not so "pronounced" with the new lights - it would be good to be able to change the timer between lights, but...

All in all, very happy - easy mod. Give me your feedback boys and girls!

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/lasseyst/Charger LED Tail Lights/

Be aware that some of the video clips are large file size...and I'll post a couple of pics here in case you can't get to the link from work...:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'd smoke 'em.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Nice - I see what ya mean about slowing them down. I didn`t know if these light would work with the sequencer or not. The pulsing 3rd brake light kinda throws everything off tho.

Scott

·
Registered
869 Posts
I like those! I've been wanting them but just haven't gotten them yet. Can you take a pic of them from further away? Showing the whole back of the car? (if you don't mind)...I would just love to see what it looks like.

Looks great!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
i was just looking at those on ebay ****s are niceeee

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments! I'm gonna live with them for a while, see how I like them as is - which I do at the moment. May smoke them later. There are more photo's if you click on the link, I'll put some more on this thread later tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
You can buy those already smoked on ebay. But yeah I do like them too. Unfortunately I think the stock lights untinted look better on my mango than these would. But on Black and other colors they're great. I also wish someone would come out with LED tailights in a circular pattern instead like our OEM lights.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the smoked LED's I found had chrome reflectors, which I do not like. I've got my Charger on the "chrome reduction diet plan". Not getting rid of all the chrome, keeping badges and stuff, just less is better from my perspective. I wanted the LED's with a black background - only came with a clear lens. So there you have it. And I can tint/smoke later if i wish...

Someone asked for pics of the entire rear of car, so here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Lookin' good Black Bullet!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like them... but I'm still on the fence. I really wish they stuck to the 2 circle design... but I have seen these on the street, and they look really good! All in all, good mod for you!

·
Registered
869 Posts
All the smoked LED's I found had chrome reflectors, which I do not like. I've got my Charger on the "chrome reduction diet plan". Not getting rid of all the chrome, keeping badges and stuff, just less is better from my perspective. I wanted the LED's with a black background - only came with a clear lens. So there you have it. And I can tint/smoke later if i wish...

Someone asked for pics of the entire rear of car, so here you go.
That was me! Thanks a lot...I think I definitely want to get them at some point! :)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
That was me! Thanks a lot...I think I definitely want to get them at some point! :)
You had the chrome ones then sold them right Meg?

I thought I found black background ones already smoked but you may be right. Oh well buying them and tinting them shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
869 Posts
You had the chrome ones then sold them right Meg?

I thought I found black background ones already smoked but you may be right. Oh well buying them and tinting them shouldn't be too hard.
No I had the smoked ones but once you have them out in the daylight they almost look clear! I like the ones with the black background much better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think those look better than the large red lenses on the black. I have been considering these as well. Does anyone have a pic of the Black Alteza style with two round red lights (non LED). I did a brief search here, but didn't find one.

Looks good though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I really like these on the darker cars but does anyone have an opinion on how they would look on a white car? Or maybe an opinion on which ones might look good on a lighter colored car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.