Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested....

http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

Scroll down the page a bit till you get to the 32 LED tail. Those are the ones.

Check'em out. Had them on my Chrysler 300 and they looked great. But the 300 had only 1 in each lens. The Charger will have two per. This will make it even better. They are fast, and the color is PURE deep red, just like the 3rd center brake light.

I haven't ordered them yet for the Charger, but will soon. Its my next upgrade. BTW.. you do need the load resistor for each side. Its a 20 minute install. They aren't as bright as reg bulbs (daytime), but at night is when they really get going. Sharp, clean, fast reaction. The perfect light for the perfect car. IMO

PS... these aren't those cheap-ass ones. They are the best that I've found.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I'm interested, but there are no pics of how they look on a car... : (

·
Registered
273 Posts
anhy pics of this mod yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
A couple of questions:
--What model light do you need to buy (3157? 3156?)
--Did you buy for the back up light too? If so what model for that one?
--What about a resistor? How do you hook it up?
--Did you purchase the white ones or red ones? If you bought the red ones that may be the reason why they aren't so bright in the day time

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris4040 said:
A couple of questions:
--What model light do you need to buy (3157? 3156?)
--Did you buy for the back up light too? If so what model for that one?
--What about a resistor? How do you hook it up?
--Did you purchase the white ones or red ones? If you bought the red ones that may be the reason why they aren't so bright in the day time

1- 3157
2- no (seems like a waste)
3- you need one per side... easy hook-up they snap over the wire.
4- you will need the red ones. LED's should be the same color as the lens. They aren't bright in the daytime... but can be seen clearly. The point of the LED's are their "sharpness" and the quick "off-on". At night they can be seen from blocks away!

Hope this helps. I'll be getting mine a few weeks. Gotta save some cash first. But its a cheap mod that makes a BIG difference. On the 300 the LED had to fill the whole lens with light.... the Charger has these two little "cups" like a flashlight. They should work real well. Plus the ones I used to have in the 300 only had 24 LED's... the new version has 32.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sorry to be such a pain,
--but what resistor did you get, 3 or 6 ohm and
--you said only one per turn signal bulb?
--the inside bulb (the other brake one) doesn't need one?

Thanks again

Another thing I would think that the lights would be brighter than the 300 because there are two bulbs for brake light on each side instead of only one. The brakes should be pretty bright with four LED units...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its the 3 ohm one.... 1 for each side. It needs to go on the "turn-signal" bulb only. Otherwise your signal flashers will flash very fast. What happens is the car with the LED's thinks the bulb is burnt out. There is such little amp "draw" with the LED's. This is the reason for the "load" resistors.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I bought a 6 ohm and one set of LED Amber turn tower lamps for the rears. Now I think I want a set for the front. Do I need to convert to 4 3 ohm resistors or will the 6 ohms installed in the back be sufficient?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With my 300 I had to use 1 load resistor for each turnsignal light. I too had the ambers in the front. But took them out and only left the rear reds. Traded it in with all the lights, for the Charger. Forgot to take all the lights out and the Silverstar's too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone put these in yet, also i would think that running the super white led bulbs would look better and brighter cause if you put red leds on it will just make it a darker red which is why you cannot see it that well in the day time.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Guys if your doing Turns you need 15-25 Ohm resistors to get the fast blink issue to go away with turns.

Brake lights dont need it ( at least on the magnum )

I did the reverse lights, its not as bright as stock BUT I can see more of the cars around me with them. THEY SUCK for real dark places like backing up at my dads house in the boonies.

Here is a link to a few LED things :

RobAGD's Wire hack

Pictures of the LEDs on in a car are a royal PITA to take, I think youwould be better off setting up the picture with a film camera with all the setting to manual and snap a pic with stock lamps then swap the LEDs in and then take a picture with the exact same settings so you will get a true feel for the lights brightness.

I love mine, I also did the Map and rear cargo lamps in my Magnum.

-Robert

·
Registered
273 Posts
nCHARGE said:

Check'em out. Had them on my Chrysler 300 and they looked great. But the 300 had only 1 in each lens. The Charger will have two per. This will make it even better. They are fast, and the color is PURE deep red, just like the 3rd center brake light.

I haven't ordered them yet for the Charger, but will soon. Its my next upgrade. BTW.. you do need the load resistor for each side. Its a 20 minute install. They aren't as bright as reg bulbs (daytime), but at night is when they really get going. Sharp, clean, fast reaction. The perfect light for the perfect car. IMO

Any update on this???

·
Registered
273 Posts
White would probably be nice...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Please get me some info on this someone. Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Pics anyone???

·
Registered
660 Posts
nCHARGE said:
1- 3157
2- no (seems like a waste)
3- you need one per side... easy hook-up they snap over the wire.
4- you will need the red ones. LED's should be the same color as the lens. They aren't bright in the daytime... but can be seen clearly. The point of the LED's are their "sharpness" and the quick "off-on". At night they can be seen from blocks away!
I recently got some tinted tail lights installed so I definitely want these LED lights. As for the resistors... couldn't find them on the site. (Never really modified lighting on cars so I'm new to installing the right resistors)
Now one of your said 3ohm resistors is fine, then someone else said to get 15-25 Ohm resistors.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

hi ncharge, I'm real interested in geting some of these bulbs. do you have any pics of these on the charger yet. thanks.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
bump......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts