Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I was looking to have my interior lights all done as LED lights, but since I just got my 2014 Dodge Charger R/T, I am a bit hesitant.
Only reason is the removal of the covers or panels to get at the bulbs. My 1993 Dodge Intrepid ES it was pretty straight forward when I did it. It was basically a black screw on the panel for a small notch on the clear plastic cover or lens. Looking at the inside, it would appear that the design is a bit less owner friendly in modifying or replacing the bulbs.

Question is, is there any diagrams on how to get to the bulbs without making a mess and damaging my interior of the car?
Also, will these need the LED resistors/converters or not?
I am looking to get my bulbs from diode dynamics online, and not seeing they offer the converters or resistors.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Not of the interior lights require resistors. The over head console is held in by tabs. They’re snug but get a trim tool and pry down. There’s little access doors for the lights. As for the other interior lights YouTube it and should find the help ya need

·
Registered
823 Posts
If anyone wants REALLY bright LED lights with good warm color for the overhead console, try these from Lowes:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kichler-25-W-Equivalent-Warm-White-T4-LED-Landscape-Light-Bulb/1000195089

Remove the glass cover from the outside. They fit well, and it's like having an area light in the car. I did the one on the passenger side only so that I can pop the driver side with normal 5 watt w5w light that's in there, and floodlight on the passenger side lights if I open the door, or manually turn it on. They claim it's equivalent to a 25 watt bulb. 210 lumens vs. 50 lumens for the incandescent.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Consider Xenondepot.com

I have spent a very good chunk of change, time & research to replace all of my interior bulbs to LED's on my 2012 Charger Blacktop....pretty much plug & play with a few simple tools & 'soft hands' to get the job done.:bigthumb:

My primary source is www.xenondepot.com (which lists the bulbs you need in very detailed way....also confirm with your owners manual).

There is a vendor here - Diode dynamics - (I can only speak from personal experience) but have found them to be simply inferior with similar products they offer, extremely disappointed with their (lack of) customer service & overall I personally would not recommend them...I personally will not do business with them again.

Good Luck!

:beerchug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts