Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have swapped out almost all of my lights with no issues, however once I put LED (3157) bulbs in my front turn signal, they blink fast and my car thinks the bulb is out even though the light is still blinking. Does anybody have any idea how to trick my car into thinking its a regular bulb?

·
Registered
68 Posts
You need load resistors. You might want to go ahead and install switchback light bulbs as well. They will be white until you use the blinker and then they are amber. I have them and love them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
I have swapped out almost all of my lights with no issues, however once I put LED (3157) bulbs in my front turn signal, they blink fast and my car thinks the bulb is out even though the light is still blinking. Does anybody have any idea how to trick my car into thinking its a regular bulb?
As mentioned above, when you change your turn signals from normal bulbs to LED's, the LED's use less electricity!

That is why you get the fast blink, because there is no "load" on the system!

You will need to get load resistors and put them on, which "should" be easy! You can check where you bought the bulbs to see if they sell them!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Works

Thank you for the advice. I tried a set of 6 ohm resistors out tonight and it fixed the issue. Thanks again.

Reactions: RScottyL

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts