Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i ordered 4 Blue 5" led strips to put one under each side of dash and one under each front seat to glow to the back. I also have 1 round rocker led switch and about 8 feet of wire. I want to make a set of 3 switches eventually next to the shifter in that little cup like thing. with these leds, my halos when they come, and my underglow eventually. What is the best way to wire this or set it up or anything to contribute. Let me know and some pix of your switch set up would help. Thanks :)

UPDATE: Got my Round Rocker Switch With Blue LED and 9Feet of Red 18 Gauge Wire and 9Feet of Black 18 Gauge Wire.

Still looking for set ups!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
where is Phil when u need em?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I was going to show you mine but i remembered i already did.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually phil has been helping me a lot with what i need to get and stuff im still getting some stuff. But i just wanted to get some other ideas and opinions from other people that have switch set ups.

And Mikey yeah thanks man just trying to see some different set ups

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
too much information mikey!!! how dirty are u!!!! lol :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
come on man, that was a given!!! lmao too good

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Nick must not trust me....I even offered to help him with the install and he posts asking for help..:dunno:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I trust you phil. I just want to see how some people have their switches since yours isnt on a switch. Your still the only one i'd let help with the install :) no **** haha

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
give him a break Phil, hes young, lol, jp Nick!!!!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C'mon guys your getting me all wrong. I do trust you phil especially since your lights look sweeet. I just wanted to see some switch setups to help US out with the install since yours is tapped to turn on with the car.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
u are wrong buddy!!! he has buttons that turn them on!! and im just giving u a hard time Nick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I'm just play'n....just got home from a 14 hour day. You should always get second opinions. I think you might need a little more wire for what you want to do though. Did you get red & black & is that 8' total? you could use any color you want but I try to use black for the ground. Did you look at Jed'sOCD thread?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
My grille LED's are now starting to flicker from the over voltage issue. If you are going to wire them from power from the exsisting wiring like the cig lighter, you will be ok. If you wire from the battery or positive on the fuse block I would get at least one voltage regulator from Radio Shack...maybe even one for each light.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i ordered one round rocker switch with blue led. And 8' of red 18 gauge wire And 8' of black 18 gauge wire. I just had like $15 on a giftcard creditcard so i got as much wire as i could. YEah i checked his write up and it looks pretty good, but it made the mod look a lot harder :/ His switch set up was kool but i wanna cover that little canyon thing since i never use it and the cars i have seen that put switches there look pretty clean

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
If you need anything...wire, connectors...whatever (within :smile: reason) let me know. I have a couple of blue LED round rockers with square trim that I don't like that you can have if you want them.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm that could work i dont think square would be that hard to incorporate.

And yeah i get my paycheck friday so hopefully i can pick up the rest of my supplies :)

but friday i work 5-7 :'(

·
Registered
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh so its still a round switch and hole just a square base???

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Yea...it has a square trim piece I guess you would say..did you look at the pic?

I like how Julio ducks out when I come in...geez I get no love.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts