Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger Scatpack Widebody
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 scat pack widebody, and unfortunately my car came with halogen stock headlights instead of the HID package. I've been looking around for upgrade kits and the LED kit from www.headlightexperts.com is the one standing out to me. Has anyone installed these on their car? I believe the part number or bulb is 9005 don't have it on hand. I really don't want to have to do any modifications if possible such as cutting wires, or having to modify the housing of the headlight itself. A simple plug-n-play is what I'm looking for

·
Registered
319 Posts
These are the ones I used with great results to replace the candles in my 2020 Scat
Just follow the directions on the way you install the bulbs you’ll really like the difference it’s plug and play.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger Scatpack Widebody
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks for the response. Ill check these out. In regards to the install did you have to modify anything at all?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ok Just make sure you install them the way the instructions say chips face 3 and 9 oclock
They only cost $60 bucks and you’ll really like the difference!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
A simple plug-n-play is what I'm looking for
Diode dynamics also makes a plug N play HID kit. Been running mine for over 2 years.
In the housing HID would be a better match then LED.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
158 Posts
Diode dynamics also makes a plug N play HID kit. Been running mine for over 2 years.
In the housing HID would be a better match then LED.
Agreed HID is better than LED, I have the Diode Dynamics pre-ban SL1 LED bulbs and they are okay at best. They're better than the stock units, but I wish I would have went HID.
If you are set on LED these are the best bulbs on the market right now for a 9005 conversion. BTW they have a price to match

Edit: Also make sure that whatever bulbs you buy can be rotated on the locking collar, the chargers headlights are not clocked at 90 degrees they sit at an odd angle and you will have to adjust an LED bulb a bit. If you don't your beam pattern will be terrible and put out less light than the stock units. If you don't understand this statement Google it, it is very important to clock the bulbs correctly.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The bulbs clock without a problem however they can be put in wrong.
One of the features is the cooling fans in the back of the bulbs
The light output is incredible
Coming from Mercedes and Audis I am use to great lighting which was my only complaint about my 2020 Scat Charger
I am also very impressed with the fit and finish on my new ride plus the incredible sound!!!!

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
158 Posts
The bulbs clock without a problem however they can be put in wrong.
One of the features is the cooling fans in the back of the bulbs
The light output is incredible
Coming from Mercedes and Audis I am use to great lighting which was my only complaint about my 2020 Scat Charger
I am also very impressed with the fit and finish on my new ride plus the incredible sound!!!!
16000 lumens???

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
722 Posts
I have a 2020 scat pack widebody, and unfortunately my car came with halogen stock headlights instead of the HID package. I've been looking around for upgrade kits and the LED kit from www.headlightexperts.com is the one standing out to me. Has anyone installed these on their car? I believe the part number or bulb is 9005 don't have it on hand. I really don't want to have to do any modifications if possible such as cutting wires, or having to modify the housing of the headlight itself. A simple plug-n-play is what I'm looking for
It's one of the things I don't like about the Widebody is the Fog light/ Drivers light delete. They removed the Drivers lights in favor of air flow which I think they could have ran both with no issues. The Widebody with that delete should have some standard with HID's but you have to purchase the package to get them. Dumb on Dodge here.

There are some good LED HID Video's on youtube that really help learn about the Projector style headlights our cars have and picking the right bulbs.

Check these dudes out , they have a wonder library of videos to check out. I suggest you do this before you buy anything.

·
Registered
2015 SE
8 Posts
Bought the Auxitos for my '15 SE. While the light is a very bright white,and they throw the light fairly decent,the lights wouldn't stay on after starting the car. Even with the canbus. This was pre-pandemic so I'm not sure if they've been updated. Auxitos' customer service was great. They sent a second canbus free of charge. Didn't fix the issue. Went back to halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Bought the Auxitos for my '15 SE. While the light is a very bright white,and they throw the light fairly decent,the lights wouldn't stay on after starting the car. Even with the canbus. This was pre-pandemic so I'm not sure if they've been updated. Auxitos' customer service was great. They sent a second canbus free of charge. Didn't fix the issue. Went back to halogen bulbs.
Sounds like you have other problems several people on this site have used them with great results then again most have the newer Chargers I have them on my 2020 and very happy with the results!!!

·
Registered
2015 SE
8 Posts
Sounds like you have other problems several people on this site have used them with great results then again most have the newer Chargers I have them on my 2020 and very happy with the results!!!
I'm not implying they don't work. They didn't work for me and my vehicle. The reason I tried them is because of this site. So...yea. No other problems. They work for some and for some they don't. The company itself states this in their brochure. Congrats on your 2020 lol.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
158 Posts
I'm not implying they don't work. They didn't work for me and my vehicle. The reason I tried them is because of this site. So...yea. No other problems. They work for some and for some they don't. The company itself states this in their brochure. Congrats on your 2020 lol.
I've never understood that about Dodge. A guy I know has the exact same car as me, equipped exactly the same, and same year model. He has to run the resistors with the same headlights I have and I don't. Granted mine do flicker a bit every once in a while, but mostly they're fine. His pulse like they're getting half voltage, it's so strange.

Reactions: Mr.Texas6

·
Registered
2015 SE
8 Posts
I've never understood that about Dodge. A guy I know has the exact same car as me, equipped exactly the same, and same year model. He has to run the resistors with the same headlights I have and I don't. Granted mine do flicker a bit every once in a while, but mostly they're fine. His pulse like they're getting half voltage, it's so strange.
Exactly my point.Thank you for chiming in. They work fine on some of our vehicles,others, not so much. That's all I was getting at. I loved the lights and would have kept them, had they worked for my car.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It just seems strange that they work in some and not others.
It’s a shame they put such shitty headlights in the more expensive cars and some of the cheaper less performance cars can order the better lights

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
722 Posts
I almost don't believe it's the car and more so the crappy technology of LED lighting. LED lighting got rushed out to the market years ago and I believe they never really got perfected or converted correctly.

My experience with LED lighting is in the home where bulbs that are supposed to be dimmable dim but flicker.
When replacing bulbs in the home with just about any brand some better then others there always seems to be issues especially when dimming . Lutron designed new switches a few times now and they seem better but over the last few years its been a train wreck.

These issues seem to relate.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The canBUS system on our cars can very finicky. I’ve heard of some having to use canBUS adaptors and others just plug directly in with zero issues.
I have the factory HID’s in mine.
When I went to look at it at the dealership, I told the salesman it’s a deal breaker if it doesn’t have the HID’s.

2019 Charger R/T Scat Pack Plus

1 - 18 of 18 Posts