Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have not used those. I simply just installed an LED bulb in place of my stock lights if of course you have stock fog lights. It's not as bad as it sounds but the easiest way to get to said lights is by removing the front bumper. Takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I'll second the suggestion to simply put LED's in your stock lights. If you don't have stock fogs, these look pretty cool. They look rather small though, so I doubt they'll produce much light. I wonder how many Lumen, and/or Lux these produce.

In regards to swapping factory lights. They're not the easiest thing to swap, but you don't need to remove the bumper. You just have to un-clip some trim panels (belly pan, and front of wheel well liner).

·
Registered
648 Posts
FWIW, I installed the LED 9006(or was it the 9005?) bulbs in my 06 SRT foglights. Got them from AAC. IIRC, they're about 2200 lumens, and 5000k color temp, stock halogens are about 1600 lumens.. Made a BIG difference over the stock halogens. Also put the 9005/9006 in the hi/low beams. Have had several ppl ask if I put HID in. They're a bit expensive, but true plu-n-play, no wiring required, and fired up first time. I'm very pleased with them. Not sure if the gen2 has the same bulbs, but worth a look.

·
Supporting Vendor
624 Posts
Don't buy LEDs from eBay. They make look similar to a quality LED, but that's where the differences end. Even some U.S. suppliers sell poor quality LEDs at premium prices

Nick C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts